Texture Artists

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Blorph, Oct 22, 2014.

1. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

I've added those changes. :)

Also, IC2 @16X:
    VANILLA
    [​IMG]

UNITY
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Yulife and jdog1408 like this.
  2. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

Now let's turn this thread into a showcase of talent. Dragon Bone Sword.png Dwarven Sword.png Elven Sword.png Orcish Sword.png Thousand Folded Sword.png
    Sword Collection for a WIP mod

3. Scipio^2

Scipio^2 New Member

Does anybody want to be a texture artist for my modpack?

4. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

How many Textures do you want redone.

5. goldenapple

goldenapple Well-Known Member Mod Developer

6. Scipio^2

Scipio^2 New Member

I don't need any redone,in my pack i'm using the mod quadrum which allows you to make custom items and blocks and i need textures for those.I need around 20 block textures and 20 item textures.

7. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

My Block Texturing isn't worth S••• but I could do your items.

8. Scipio^2

Scipio^2 New Member

Thanks i'll make a list of items.Do you have a twitter so i can send the list there?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  9. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

@NerdOMatic9000

10. Plainy

Plainy New Member

Can I ask how you start with a sword? or rather can I use one as a template?
    I'm interested in making a few textures for random stuff since I can't code I'll gradually give them out here and there to people who actually can code xD.
    Any ways let me know!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    First try to :D
    Well got some basic knowledge of coloring with PS so yea.
    And actually got a basic idea for a mod just gotta figure out how to code(yay learning things!)
    yay made another one... I think they look cool n shit but what do you guys think??

Custom handle which looks awesome with the purple :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  11. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

Learning to code...pahimar's series is good. Although it assumes basic Java knowledge. I would go to the mod dev section and look at Santa's helpful links

12. ThomazM

ThomazM Phoenix Team Founder

13. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

I think it would be a good idea to provide a little more info on your project. It's understandable that you do not wish to divulge too much in its current state; however, it may be difficult for some to find an interest in something they know nothing about. For those that may not be able to dedicate 100% of their time, perhaps you could estimate how many textures you will be expecting to need. Will you be needing models, what style are you going for... basically everything on this form. Personally, I wouldn't apply for a job if I didn't know what it entailed. ;)

14. ThomazM

ThomazM Phoenix Team Founder

Erm, very well-reminded. I'll try to add some more info, just a second.

Qazplm601 likes this.
  15. Blorph

Blorph New Member

A few textures out of 120+ that I'm making..
    [​IMG]
    Ingots of various sorts.

[​IMG]
    Filings

[​IMG]
    Ignore the iron block textures, these are just place holders, and the few textures left below:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    Yulife likes this.
  16. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

If anyone is interested in contributing to Unity, please take a look at the repo. :)

[​IMG]

Edit: Come to think of it, I should've called the repo branch comm-Unity.

17. eXe

eXe New Member

Anyone here use TinyPNG.com? If anyone is interested, I created a simple gui in java to mass compress files using their dev api. I don't get much use out of it as I am horrid with textures but it was a fun little project to play around with javax swing. Let me know if there is any interest and I'll throw up a link.

http://imgur.com/wLe7OPF

CyanideX likes this.
  18. CyanideX

CyanideX New Member

I think you should definitely share it here, a lot of people will find this useful. Personally, I already use their Photoshop plugin so I'm all set on my end. :)

Yulife likes this.
  19. eXe

eXe New Member

Cool, thanks for the vote CyanideX, and also Unity. I have been enjoying it since release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zh4sq7h9i3ocai/TinyPNG.rar?dl=0

I included a readme with everything anyone should need to get set up. Let me know if I missed anything. I included the source file as well in case I need yelling at for doing something dumb.

CyanideX likes this.
  20. VapourDrive

VapourDrive New Member

I was thinking, it'd be cool if there was a "Texture Artist" avatar banner, seeing as how much work people put into textures, and how often mod dev doesn't really fit... cc @Jadedcat :)

Inaeo, Gideonseymour, Blorph and 4 others like this.