Terrafirmacraft Coming to FTB!?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Just so that people are clear, TFC will not be added to a pack WITH all the other mods. TFC (and a couple other mods like Minimap, etc) will be it's own pack. Just an easier way to install. ;)

Floraaaaaa where's episode three? Can't wait to see what further hijinks you and Mead are up to next :D

Reactions: Lambert2191

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly my sick little Shoop head I would totally be down for a Terrafirmacraft Server based around creating and run a functional city/community.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly my sick little Shoop head I would totally be down for a Terrafirmacraft Server based around creating and run a functional city/community.
Oh hells yes I would do this too.
Dunno how often I'd be on, but I'd at least participate.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Just so that people are clear, TFC will not be added to a pack WITH all the other mods. TFC (and a couple other mods like Minimap, etc) will be it's own pack. Just an easier way to install. ;)

Yeah, that was something that I assumed, but good to know we won't have to see Greg try and balance TerraFirmaCraft with GregTech.

"And now, let's make it so knapping flint requires iridium...."

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
Having read at least some of the TFC bits I reckon that just the added requirements from TFC would make running a city server a lot more interesting than on regular minecraft, add to that the easier designation of jobs due to the way ores are processed and I think this could be really cool!

Unfortunately, I don't have the tiniest smidgin of knowledge where TFC is concerned.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
No, what I say is bad is the fact that you need the wiki at hand at all times.
It would be great if it had at least the basic infos in the game.

As for planks, the regular ones used to be craftable (4 months ago, at least), but required 4 "planks", so they were incredibly expensive.
You missed the part about 'which are recognized by other mods', which was the important part, as none of the tree species used in TFC are present in Minecraft, and the naming convention is slightly different, so even if you craft plank blocks (as you noted, a painstaking process), you still won't be able to make any recipes with them.

It's the same problem some of the ExtraBiomes woods not being able to be used for most mod combines. Only for everything. Same problem involved in the cobblestone. Yanno, with all the multitudinous types of rock, there isn't any ordinary 'cobblestone', it's all like 'granite cobblestone' and the like.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Can we just get it into every head out there...

Terrafirmacraft is a STAND ALONE OVERHAUL MOD.

While there are SOME mods that work with it, they are more in line with that of non item id using mods such as Smart Moving and Hud Mods.

Things like IC2 or Buildcraft WILL NOT WORK WITH TERRAFIRMACRAFT...

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just glad we'll have a couple more weeks worth of content when that comes out. Seems like right now, most of the modpacks just follow the same old "take couple of days to work as hard as you can for starting materials, then farm all you can and make tons of expensive blocks that dont pay off"

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
shhh just smile and nod. Back away slowly sometimes you got to let them burn themselves before they learn.
im not going to burn myself, i may collapse a ton of dirt/stone on me, but i wont burn. tf is compatible, however it makes geting starting items much more difficult. i will be tweaking world gen to have only tf ores when possible, and will be adding a mod to make other ores more realistic. i also plan to add other realistic mods where possible.[DOUBLEPOST=1362367304][/DOUBLEPOST]for instance, better with forge, its better than wolves, wait for it... for forge! matta's signiture:
borge_banner04.png

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
ill go for that, had dreams of this once, but no one would organize, :( maybe in TF2, things will be different.
let the Tyrannic Rule Begin!

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
tf is compatible, however it makes geting starting items much more difficult.

Unobtainable items in TFC:
Wooden Planks (maybe, IDK if TFC's Plank blocks are compatible with the ore dictionary)
Cobblestone
Iron
Copper (well, not really, but it's not compatible with the ore dictionary)
Tin (same)
Glass (at least I think there's no way to "smelt" Sand/)
Emerald
Diamond (I don't think TFC Diamonds are equivalent to Vanilla Diamonds for crafting)
Anything related to the Nether or End
(Redstone's obtainable, though I don't remember how.)
IC2 Rubber, likely

Now try getting a Macerator.

Reactions: Pokefenn

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Unobtainable items in TFC:
Wooden Planks (maybe, IDK if TFC's Plank blocks are compatible with the ore dictionary)
Cobblestone
Iron
Copper (well, not really, but it's not compatible with the ore dictionary)
Tin (same)
Glass (at least I think there's no way to "smelt" Sand/)
Emerald
Diamond (I don't think TFC Diamonds are equivalent to Vanilla Diamonds for crafting)
Anything related to the Nether or End
(Redstone's obtainable, though I don't remember how.)
IC2 Rubber, likely

Now try getting a Macerator.
i found a mod that allows me to add things to roe dictionary, that solves a few problems. emeralds aren't used in anything important. iron, may be a problem. the trees spawn anywhere, so should be okay with that. glass, i believe is obtainable in TF. i think though the easiest way to get past the wood would be to make chests, then uncraft them for vanilla wood. i did believe that iron was obtainable in TF.
to sum it up:
load of work on my part=a huge amount.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
the trees spawn anywhere, so should be okay with that.

I think they only spawn on Vanilla Dirt, and I seem to remember TFC uses a different block called "Dirt" ... (and, at least back in 1.4. ... 5?, Iron was unobtainable. There were a few Iron-like alloys, but none were really Iron.)

And how will you get an Uncrafting Table?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I think they only spawn on Vanilla Dirt, and I seem to remember TFC uses a different block called "Dirt" ... (and, at least back in 1.4. ... 5?, Iron was unobtainable. There were a few Iron-like alloys, but none were really Iron.)

And how will you get an Uncrafting Table?
that, i plan to cheat in.

Status
Not open for further replies.