Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

ele360

Jul 29, 2019
Sir Moods, have you managed to get Doggy Talents working on an FTB multiplayer server? I have been able to get it going on my single player world but no luck with adding it to my ultimate server. Any tips?

Sir_Moodz

Jul 29, 2019
Sir Moods, have you managed to get Doggy Talents working on an FTB multiplayer server? I have been able to get it going on my single player world but no luck with adding it to my ultimate server. Any tips?

What errors do you get? I think I did have to change some id's to make it work, but I had no other problems with it.

Sir_Moodz

Jul 29, 2019

Did you get it working...or...because there was a comment here, but now its gone :D

ele360

Jul 29, 2019
I had got it working as far as allowing me to craft the items. However any time I would try and create one of the dogs either through taming a wild wolf and giving it a treat, or through spawning it with the charm, it would make ftb crash (exception in tick). So I disabled it for now. Still trying to figure it out.

Sir_Moodz

Jul 29, 2019
I had got it working as far as allowing me to craft the items. However any time I would try and create one of the dogs either through taming a wild wolf and giving it a treat, or through spawning it with the charm, it would make ftb crash (exception in tick). So I disabled it for now. Still trying to figure it out.

I tested it in a ultimate server and it works fine...and it cant be an id error, because then you would not be able to start it.
I had this same kind of error once with mocreatures, it started happening suddenly and never found a fix, but then a few weeks later, it was fixed...

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019

Go start a thread about this.
This thread isn't the one for this!

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I think the quantum suit should sheild you from adverse mystcraft age effects (It could be energy intensive or something to even it out)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I think the quantum suit should sheild you from adverse mystcraft age effects (It could be energy intensive or something to even it out)
Not really the place for this kind of discussion but I think it already douse that. And I think the moulder power suit will eventually.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
IT doesn't

As it should. The reason the instability mechanic exists is to force you to put in the effort to create stable ages, and most importantly to prevent you from abusing things like dense ores worlds and diamond ore tendrils.

Remove that balance aspect and everyone will start complaining about how OP mystcraft is. Not that some people don't do it already.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
As it should. The reason the instability mechanic exists is to force you to put in the effort to create stable ages, and most importantly to prevent you from abusing things like dense ores worlds and diamond ore tendrils.

Remove that balance aspect and everyone will start complaining about how OP mystcraft is. Not that some people don't do it already.

Fuck that, It's balanced because the quantum suit costs you your balls, Soul, And hours and hours of your personal time, It's plenty fair that if you craft endgame armor that it should protect you from some smallish aspects of dimensional instability, It is called quantum, Even if it protects me from some dumb potion effects, Don't worry, There's other instability, Like explosions coming outta nowhere, Meteors, Corruption

And i think it's hardly op when these are the raw materials needed to make a quantum suit (With gravi-plate)
i mean maybe make it require the full suit, But still, Look how expensive that is, And look me in the eye and say it's still bloody OP, And putting the quantum suit argument aside, Mystcraft gives you the ability to teleport between any two points easily with just a bloody pair of books

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0270249_62548212_42524

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, did a quick search in the thread and it didn't come up...
But I stumbled across this Mod while looking for another and well. It seems quite interesting...
It appears to be in an Alpha Stage of its development as it has only really come out 4-5 days ago if the Time of Post is to be taken literally...
It adds like another kind of timeline to develop in instead of just straight to machines. Think Medieval and such. Proper Bloomeries and so forth, quite interesting in reading up on it and checking a few small spotlights on it...
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1238049-151152-minefantasy-version-181/

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, did a quick search in the thread and it didn't come up...
But I stumbled across this Mod while looking for another and well. It seems quite interesting...
It appears to be in an Alpha Stage of its development as it has only really come out 4-5 days ago if the Time of Post is to be taken literally...
It adds like another kind of timeline to develop in instead of just straight to machines. Think Medieval and such. Proper Bloomeries and so forth, quite interesting in reading up on it and checking a few small spotlights on it...
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1238049-151152-minefantasy-version-181/
This looks like a full conversion mod. It's likely to be incompatible with... everything.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like a full conversion mod. It's likely to be incompatible with... everything.
Not that I saw in a LP. Looks like it wouldn't be best with most of the Tech stuff. Perhaps its more suited for Magic World or something alike where Tech Mods are less common...

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
It's not. Check out Martysgames channel on youtube, his Modded Magic Survival series, in particular. He uses BC, Forestry, RP2, etc, and it all works out. He even partly automates the processing and smeltery.

Status
Not open for further replies.