Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

direwolfassassin

Jul 29, 2019
hay slowpoke101 if thaumcraft 3 is to be added when its ready can you please update the list to be added later. I would also like all the mods that are on the forgecraft server added to the ftb mod pack or a new mod pack made named forgecraft mod pack. thx.

Mitani02

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to have a protection mod for servers beyond MFFS put in? Fihgu's is somewhat effective, but only in the setregion mode, and too many regions become unwieldly to manage.
Theres no block loggers, or rollback programs that wont eat up the server in memory. There has been a massive problem with griefers, and without some security mods like the bukkit plugins even a whitelisted server will get raped daily, if not weekly. Replacing things and restoring landscape turns a server owners enjoyment into a nightmare.

zxmme

Jul 29, 2019
zipline mod:

zipline mod - really has a bunch of potential and would be fun to have in the game just needs some tweaking cause its been abandoned but its been ported for 1.2.5 and not only tons of fun but really useful cause of the huge biomes this would make it easier to scale places

images
images

images

if not cause its too much work

ropes plus - instead of traveling across this lets you climb big obstacles in two different ways but not as fun
images
images

only bad thing with this one is that it adds different elemental arrows that do cheating like stuff not sure if can be disabled

in general some sort of rope like mod that adds a kick to general walking around in the start of your survival

Not updated to 1.4 -- JC

mr_vit

Jul 29, 2019
Hey whats the deal with Balkon's WeaponMod, you said you didn't get permission but Balkondeur said you didn't even ask him and that I should suggest it to you guys if I want it in the pack.

What's the deal indeed. It's the only mod I'm really missing in FTB (except mb only Sonic Ether's shadows, which can be included in smth as FTB HD imho, but for that - agree, it's personal). Let's say I'm missing it so much that ready to donate some (like $100x2 to Balkon+Slowpoke (I'm sure he will distribute those right), with Paypal ) to deal possible issues (either balancing or compatability, to be honest I know there are no incompatabilites, cuz I'm currently installing it manually ;) ) ... just PM where to donate right.

mr_vit

Jul 29, 2019

hmm... Interesting wondering... Are U ok there? ;) It's not a bribe. Just want to have real deal to donate... either someone want this or not. As I said - I'm installing it manually ok. But wanted to make sure that there are no strange license issues here. That's who I am: greedy and generous same time. Sorry it's my bad. BTW: bought minecraft just because FTB... if someone cares. And ya, I said PM if have smth to say. It's private.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
What's the deal indeed. It's the only mod I'm really missing in FTB (except mb only Sonic Ether's shadows, which can be included in smth as FTB HD imho, but for that - agree, it's personal). Let's say I'm missing it so much that ready to donate some (like $100x2 to Balkon+Slowpoke (I'm sure he will distribute those right), with Paypal ) to deal possible issues (either balancing or compatability, to be honest I know there are no incompatabilites, cuz I'm currently installing it manually ;) ) ... just PM where to donate right.

Yeah I mean I would like Mo creatures, tropicraft, and optifine as well but they all have valid reasons for not being in the game, They didn't get permission for Mo creatures and optifine, tropicraft is not compatible and uses an API which doesnt give permission to be in modpacks. But Balkondeur said he was all for it and he thought they didn't want his mod. And they said they didn't get permission.

mr_vit

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Just some madness: ready to donate $1000 (not kidding) if someone will make normal energy API or smth like this, so all those cool tech mods will use same energy at all. That's it: no IC2, RP2, BuildCraft, Factorizaton and more unique energies genratrors and more and more. Normal API and mod related generators of same energy. That's smth most of us will want to have, I'm sure. U know, having 3 types of solar energy it's really ridiculous :). No dick suck as some lemmings say. Just want things organized. At lest ore dictionary is possible ;), why not to have own cableing for same energy? Unified energy if U want. Who with me - reply.[DOUBLEPOST=1353192180][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I mean I would like Mo creatures, tropicraft, and optifine as well but they all have valid reasons for not being in the game, They didn't get permission for Mo creatures and optifine, tropicraft is not compatible and uses an API which doesnt give permission to be in modpacks. But Balkondeur said he was all for it and he thought they didn't want his mod. And they said they didn't get permission.

Ya, sorry but lemming really said strange. If I want bribe - I'd suggest much more mods (including
debatable optifine). But hey, I just want some truth here... and well want to say thank you FTB team. Sorry if I was wrong making it "down" to money :(. Really didn't meant to outrage someone.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I know it's terrible ;). I'm russian really, but trying :).

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
There are ways to convert power. Off the top of my head electrical engines from forestry convert from EU to MJ. I also know Eloram has added an engine in RP3 that allows Blulectirc to MJ (when it comes out), so it isn't impossible.

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of people tend to use IC2 power with Buildcraft-powered machines using the Forestry tin (electrical) engines, but I like both the BC MJ and the IC2 EU system, as both have been extended by other mods, especially Buildcraft. Therefore I agree that we could do with a few more means of converting power sources between mods.

With the new Thermal Expansion MJ storage system, and the buffed BC combustion fuel stats, One thing that I feel is now greatly missing is a way to convert MJ > EU, as at the moment it's only possible to convert Biomass directly, and as has been mentioned theres no means to convert either to Factorization power or RP Blutricity.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
OmniTools would be really nice to have. From the author of thermal expansion. I'm not sure if this is already on the list to be considered so I thought I'd throw it in here anyway :)
Except Omnitools I've found doesn't really work well at all with the mods its supposed to, for a start it doesn't support shift clicking and mod addons that add items that work with the orignal mods tool don't work with the Omnitool , which seems to render the omnitool largely useless as I still have to make and carry about all the other tools.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Just some madness: ready to donate $1000 (not kidding) if someone will make normal energy API or smth like this, so all those cool tech mods will use same energy at all. That's it: no IC2, RP2, BuildCraft, Factorizaton and more unique energies genratrors and more and more. Normal API and mod related generators of same energy. That's smth most of us will want to have, I'm sure. U know, having 3 types of solar energy it's really ridiculous :). No dick suck as some lemmings say. Just want things organized. At lest ore dictionary is possible ;), why not to have own cableing for same energy? Unified energy if U want. Who with me - reply.
I couldn't agree more on every point here, I'm starting to get really annoyed with all the different power systems and incompatible wires, pipes etc

But as Eloram gets very vocal and angry at any mods that work with RP your unlikely to find anyone that will make such a mod, or at least find any place that will allow for the publishing of such mod.

--redacted for disrespect towards a mod developer--

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of people tend to use IC2 power with Buildcraft-powered machines using the Forestry tin (electrical) engines, but I like both the BC MJ and the IC2 EU system, as both have been extended by other mods, especially Buildcraft. Therefore I agree that we could do with a few more means of converting power sources between mods.

With the new Thermal Expansion MJ storage system, and the buffed BC combustion fuel stats, One thing that I feel is now greatly missing is a way to convert MJ > EU, as at the moment it's only possible to convert Biomass directly, and as has been mentioned theres no means to convert either to Factorization power or RP Blutricity.

Personally I think Railcraft Boilers are the winner you can provide MJ or EU from them, I used to always use the Transformers mod but with the addition of RC boilers I don't bother any longer.

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Just some madness: ready to donate $1000 (not kidding) if someone will make normal energy API or smth like this, so all those cool tech mods will use same energy at all. That's it: no IC2, RP2, BuildCraft, Factorizaton and more unique energies genratrors and more and more. Normal API and mod related generators of same energy. That's smth most of us will want to have, I'm sure. U know, having 3 types of solar energy it's really ridiculous :). No dick suck as some lemmings say. Just want things organized. At lest ore dictionary is possible ;), why not to have own cableing for same energy? Unified energy if U want. Who with me - reply.[DOUBLEPOST=1353192180][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ya, sorry but lemming really said strange. If I want bribe - I'd suggest much more mods (including
debatable optifine). But hey, I just want some truth here... and well want to say thank you FTB team. Sorry if I was wrong making it "down" to money :(. Really didn't meant to outrage someone.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. I know it's terrible ;). I'm russian really, but trying :).
I agree strongly we need a meta-mod of sorts to fix all of I go into a lot detail a the bottom of this thread here on my ideas. I expand far beyond this we have far more than just those to correct also.

In my eyes the electrical system seems fairly easy to fix we just re-adjust the scale of EU and bluetricity to match each other move IC2 cables to the ground like RedPower's. Next we allow all machines to either give off or receive both (they're now one type of energy) this includes all BC machines. Glass fiber cables and bluetricity cables get a new tougher recipe. Bluetricity becomes the extreme voltage carrier and glass-fiber becomes the carrier for the insane energies coming from the Greg's tech machines. Factorization energy is replaced with this combined energy. Finally BC power becomes essentially what it is, a laser, it can only be directed using mirror pipes (either normal or splitting, maybe even a four-way split). It powers the assembly machine and any lasers coming from either RP2 or Xycraft. These lasers can travel out of the piping if met with a dead end and will continue on for a short while until hitting something solid or run out of energy.

Of course we would need a lot of permissions for this now wouldn't we? In fact is this even legal?

Reactions: nobody647

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Once redpower is updated this would be pointless.
Would it be possible to have a protection mod for servers beyond MFFS put in? Fihgu's is somewhat effective, but only in the setregion mode, and too many regions become unwieldly to manage.
Theres no block loggers, or rollback programs that wont eat up the server in memory. There has been a massive problem with griefers, and without some security mods like the bukkit plugins even a whitelisted server will get raped daily, if not weekly. Replacing things and restoring landscape turns a server owners enjoyment into a nightmare.
I don't think there are many availible right now. I play on a whitelisted server and there hasn't been a single griefer. You just have to find a good community.

Status
Not open for further replies.