Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

benben500

Jul 29, 2019
I know its been suggested already, but I didn't see a response...

I think Smart Moving would be a very nice addition to FtB.

Last time I checked on it, Smart Moving required 2 or 3 other APIs to function. It's also incompatible with Backtools.

AAAvlar

Jul 29, 2019
I dont care for Extrabiomes. The map gets big looking for cactus.

Try the Ice Cream Sandwich Creepers Mod!
And Animal Bikes and Tubestuff

UberWaffe

Jul 29, 2019
Custom Ore Generation
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1107057-142v1-custom-ore-generation-updated-nov-6th/
Rather then have the ore's scattered in small clumps, this mod makes them into large veins that are spread very far apart. (Supports all the mod ore types, and any other blocks also). You end up having to travel (or in SMP, trade) to find all the ore's you want, and have a mine for each type.
Just want to throw my support in for this suggestion.

Reason:
Offers full support for all mods, numerous ore generation shapes (including plain vanilla method), has extremely useful and flexible XML config file.
The config options allows you to easily create XML files that the user can toggle options on/off for upon creating a new world. Easily adding or removing features (or even just defaulting to plain vanilla generation).
Can easily be updated to include or ignore ore types from any mod.

Also, a planned feature in future releases is to be able to integrate with Mystcraft ages (symbols, etc.) and do different ore generation patterns based on the Mystcraft world's write-up.

Overall, a totally compatible mod, that is kept up to date, easily configurable, and produces some extremely awesome ore distribution results.

Ottoguy

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question: What do you mean with "crossover with other mods" on the reason why Compactsolars are not included? I have replaced AdvancedSolars with it to my FTB manually and it works just fine.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question: What do you mean with "crossover with other mods" on the reason why Compactsolars are not included? I have replaced AdvancedSolars with it to my FTB manually and it works just fine.

They mean that it provides functionality that conflicts with the functionality provided by a different mod.

Ottoguy

Jul 29, 2019
They mean that it provides functionality that conflicts with the functionality provided by a different mod.
Ah Gregtech. Well, personally i think gregtech should be removed but that's not gonna happen. Oh well, I'll have to install it manually.

Reactions: Jeza

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah Gregtech. Well, personally i think gregtech should be removed but that's not gonna happen. Oh well, I'll have to install it manually.

Actually I believe it conflicts with Advanced Solars (in terms of functionality) as for GregTech it can be disabled manually. I highly doubt it will be removed at this point :)

ZippeyKeys12

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see advanced solar panels, but it is in Beta. So will it be included. Also Additional Buildcraft Objects is in the 'Not up to date to 1.4' section while it is updated for Minecraft 1.4.

ZippeyKeys12

Jul 29, 2019
What about Buildcraft Valve Pipe? Also Shadowcraft is in dev but seems it would work. Denoflions's Plugins isn't completely updated has a few plugins for EquivalentExchange3 and RedPower2 that aren't updated because those mods aren't updated but, it's some pretty good plugins. Try the More Pipes Mod, Gate Copy Mod, Compact Mobs, Soul Shards, and Gravity Gun.

Reasons:

Buildcraft Valve Pipe:
It lets you pump from iron tanks, tank, etc.

Shadowcraft:
It add uses based on light and shadow.

Denoflions's Plugins:
It adds more fuel sources, etc.

More Pipes Mod:
Adds a combination pipe of a gold pipe and a wooden one.

Gate Copy Mod:
It creates a clipboard for gate conditionals.

Compact Mobs:
It lets you transport mobs letting you make mob grinders, etc.

Gravity Gun:
It is a fun mod that adds Half-Life 2's gravity gun. It lets you throw blocks, mobs, as well as attracting blocks and mobs towards you.

Soul Shards:
It lets you capture the souls of monsters you kill in soul shards, which you can later put into soul cages.

Reactions: Jeza

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
Treecapitator- unbalanced. Cant really play without this one. Ill have to see how to added it in myself. I think thats what I enjoy the most about FTB. You can add mods that arent in!

Status
Not open for further replies.