Suggest Mods For FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

FMan_0000

Jul 29, 2019
Suggesting a mod for Unhinged (As I really, really REALLY REALLY need it for my server)

Modular Forcefield system or MFFS - http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9187

1. Unique - something not available in mods currently in a pack = Yes, there's no forcefield mods on the pack
2. Resource friendly -- low cpu/ram use compared to whats added. Mods that eat server resources will have a hard time getting in. = I think it shouldn't be heavy.
3. Somewhat balanced: Dirt to diamonds will not be joining FTB. ;) = Well, It is.
4. Updated regularly: mods that update only once in a blue moon with uncommunicative authors are unlikely to make it in. = So far I know it's updated always
5. SMP compatible: and yes there are still mods that don't work in SMP. = Yes, It works on SMP.

Why this mod should be on Unhinged:
-On SMP, To protect players things, restrict access to areas, "ban" some times on the spawn (So they cannot grief) and a million more of things.
-On singleplayer, to bend yourself away from creepers and creatures on the night.

I really need this so I hope it gets added.

Please if you agree "like" this post.

Reactions: cproo12

KiTA

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine this has either been suggested or shot down already, but I didn't find it in a quick search:

Dimensional Doors
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...onal-doors-v141-eyes-in-the-darkupdatedagain/

I feel it would add some interesting capacities not found in other mods. While Mystcraft is close, I feel DDoors adds it's own unique take on extra-dimensional travel that would make for an interesting addition to the modpack. If nothing else, the ability to make ultracompact bases using DDoors and minimize the impact at and around spawn on Multiplayer servers is pure gold.

Also, I'd like to second Malexion's suggestion of Galacticraft.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...raft-smp-compatibleopen-source700k-downloads/
http://micdoodle8.com/mods/galacticraft

Again, for the same reasonings -- it adds unique features to the mod, plays well with Multiplayer, and is just plain fun and cool.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I would suggest Engineer's Toolbox.

If it did nothing but permit input/output of items, liquids, and power simultaneously from the same side, I'd be singing its praises. However, it goes far beyond that, and ends up a very interesting mod that brings modularity to your mechanics and automation.

Of course, with this modularity comes a price, each module must be created and then installed into the block, called a socket. And some of those modules can get pricey if you try to do everything.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Electrodynamics
Here is a possible replacement for redpower even though its still in alpha stage it updates constantly and looks very promising. " http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1321755-electrodynamics-0133-updated-to-162/ "
If you go to the FTB Unleashed google doc page here and scroll down you'll see that it's being listed as "Watching," so it seems there is at least some interest in it. That said, since it's an early build we might not see this until the 1.6 packs start to roll out, and no one knows when that will be sadly.

Edt: Also, I would recommend Engineer's Toolbox as well from what I've read of it so far. Plan on mucking around with it a bit later since I like the general idea of being able to route multiple things through a single block.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If you go to the FTB Unleashed google doc page here and scroll down you'll see that it's being listed as "Watching," so it seems there is at least some interest in it. That said, since it's an early build we might not see this until the 1.6 packs start to roll out, and no one knows when that will be sadly.

Edt: Also, I would recommend Engineer's Toolbox as well from what I've read of it so far. Plan on mucking around with it a bit later since I like the general idea of being able to route multiple things through a single block.

Where did you find that list at?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Suggesting a mod for Unhinged (As I really, really REALLY REALLY need it for my server)

{snip}

I really need this so I hope it gets added.

Please if you agree "like" this post.

1. Mods aren't voted on, likes mean nothing
2. GregT picked the mods for Unhinged. You will need to ask him to ask for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1375270107][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pahimar just tweeted about this very very new mod (no really, the MCF thread was created less than three hours ago).

Blood Magic

It makes use of the new health regeneration mechanic in Minecraft 1.6, where healing up is no longer free (it rapidly drains your food bar). I think this is a good candidate for the Magic World pack (or even Jaded's Magic Farm pack, where food plays an even bigger role :p)

<.<

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ahem. 3. DO NOT DISCUSS MODS - this is a place to make suggestions not discuss pros and cons arguing and spatting over mod suggestions will result in a time out.
Some one time out that jaded chick.
Kidding. Kidding. :p

Reactions: Jadedcat
Status
Not open for further replies.