Suggest Mods For FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest "LegendGear".
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...tems-and-more-drawing-inspiration-from-zelda/
A perfect complement to dartcraft (though better balanced) and while a small collection of random items they are all unique in design and functionality.
Plus this. You can make this.
qdCV015Sbvb8_6uKU2l11r8fXo8uHuGoua6eI40Rt5EzmdNr7uOTI8WYl-HGeKwSF-XgwDz1teU

... well that should have bin a nice pic of a arora like effect. I'll see if I can get it to work later.
Got it. Freking google.

2013-07-07_17_zpsc9bbb67b.png

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Gah, I want that arora... But i can't get it without the zelda mod :(
That's not the only interesting thing about that mod.
Starbeam Torch's act like underpowered rails. And you don't need a cart.
Phoenix Feather rezzes you in a pinch.
Whirlwind Boots lets you run on water.
Magic Mirror is an emergency get out of cave button.
Magic Boomerang is a fun way of taking out enemies from a distance. And collecting items. No more drowning for squids.
And I love throwing bombs at creepers.
And an alternate way of getting emeralds. Though a time consuming one.
Lots of good things.

Jaxx050

Jul 29, 2019
Elemental Creepers. This may or may not have been suggested previously, at some point, but I really enjoy it since it requires you to give more preparation to mob grief then just "use basalt", while also not overpowering you with too powerful grief mobs. It's actually relatively well balanced, but it's also a little on the "silly" side, in the sense that some of the additional content is mobs exploding into cookies.:rolleyes: It's well updated, since the author is now not bogged down by tidal wave amounts of work, and it's in enough of a niche that it's very doubtful anything will conflict with it. As a mod, it's pretty well made: Forge, doesn't edit base classes, etc., and it's fun to boot.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/498342-151-elemental-creepers-v321-daawwwwwww/

elemental_creepers_by_skydoesminecraft-d5dwg38.png

Conraad

Jul 29, 2019
Cool mod. But it doesn't seem to have a default-style texture pack. It looks like it has 256x Textures as the default. It would probably ruin most inter-mod designs with the conflicting styles of textures or just crash low-end computers outright.

At the moment default is 64bit with option for higher, and they are working on lower res textures, but might be a good addition. Low end system yeah they will have a problem, but they will also start have a problems when there's a lot of mods in 1 pack, each mod uses x-amount of memory so they are kinda screwed either way.

But yeah if you're looking for some unique this is one of the mods to look at.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest the mod-addon More Backpacks http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1717101-more-backpacks-214-forestry-addon/
it's an addon for the forestry's backpacks. it does not only add a couple of new backpacks, it also adds a script system to help you configure what items go in what backpacks.

to simply quote some text from the mod...

How are scripts different than Forestry's backpack configs?
They're a lot better, for several reasons.
1. Scripts don't use the ID numbers, and instead use the item name. IDs change from user to user, but the item names are always the same, this way users can share scripts, but they can never share the Forestry configs.
2. You can have any number of scripts in your script folder, and they will never conflict with one another, again making it a lot easier to write and share scripts or even script packs.
3. Scripts are a lot easier to read and write than the Forestry configs.
4. Scripts can easily allow adding a range of meta values, while Forestry configs do not.
5. Scripts work for any backpack added by any mod, not just the Forestry ones.

to explain why this would be a good mod for FTB? you'd no longer have to constantly change the forestry's configuration for backpacks each time you change item ID's.
I came across this problem after I made a whole config for the forestry's backpacks in 1.4.7 to realize when I moved to 1.5.2 that ofcourse, all ID's were changed.
if you'd add this mod, you'd only have to do make this script once, and you can keep using it onwards from that point

Reactions: Gnomeo

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
If you like Extra Utilities, there's this mod called Random Things, which adds more things in the same vein as the aforementioned mod. I especially like the Player Interface, which allows you to interact with players inventory via pipes, like OpenPeripheral's PIM but wireless. It has a lot of miscellaneous cool things.

Reactions: Manu and NJM1564

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Computercraft mod to turtle LUA

Suggest turtles be allowed to move left or right.

Turtle.moveright()
Turtle.moveleft()

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Or just let ICBM get attacked by gregtech, That way making one missile will take a commendable amount of effort
I'm perfectly ok with that option as long as he leaves the turrets mostly unscathed. Currently its far too easy to blow each other up.

I kinda wish we had a medieval war themed mod pack, TC, ars, thaumcraft+tinkerer, metallurgy, balkans, some bow mod and others keeping it relatively low tech and makes pvp fights a little more interesting as opposed to the invincible tech armor, could toss in a few decorative mods and adventure mods as well to fully fit out your fortress, TC and ars would help with smelting and such over time as well as add utilities like portals and drawbridge blocks. Would probably also add in a couple of mods for transport, railcraft/traincraft and so on.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I'm perfectly ok with that option as long as he leaves the turrets mostly unscathed. Currently its far too easy to blow each other up.

I kinda wish we had a medieval war themed mod pack, TC, ars, thaumcraft+tinkerer, metallurgy, balkans, some bow mod and others keeping it relatively low tech and makes pvp fights a little more interesting as opposed to the invincible tech armor, could toss in a few decorative mods and adventure mods as well to fully fit out your fortress, TC and ars would help with smelting and such over time as well as add utilities like portals and drawbridge blocks. Would probably also add in a couple of mods for transport, railcraft/traincraft and so on.

TiC adds bows and arrows in the latest version, so we wouldn't need a separate bow mod.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019

I'd like a zero-magic pack, I hardly like it in normal FTB,

I'm a technology-gal

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Pahimar just tweeted about this very very new mod (no really, the MCF thread was created less than three hours ago).

Blood Magic

It makes use of the new health regeneration mechanic in Minecraft 1.6, where healing up is no longer free (it rapidly drains your food bar). I think this is a good candidate for the Magic World pack (or even Jaded's Magic Farm pack, where food plays an even bigger role :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.