Request Suggest mods for creation here

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
I've been failing to work on a mod, so I figured I'd post the idea over here.

Mod: Hitchhiker's Towel

Contents: A towel

What the towel does:

When right-clicked: Heals you for 3-6 hearts, has a chance to become dirty the more hearts it heals.
To clean a dirty towel, right click with it in water.

When left clicked on a mob: Play a towel slap sound and deal 3-4 hearts of damage.

When used as armor:
Head: Give blindness effect
Torso: Give resistance 1
Legs: Fall damage protection
Foot: Makes the towel dirty

Special effect: At midnight, enchant a book with 30 levels and you might get an Overcharged enchantment. Combine it with a enchantable towel(towel + other expensive stuff) to get an Overcharged Towel. When right clicked it charges for 10 seconds and fires a 20-second long laser beam of death that deals massive damage to all enemies. All that while playing Excision & Downlink's VIP of Existence. Then the towel disintegrates.

Anybody wants to help me with it?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1923043-forge-mod-ideas-mod/

Reactions: caramba2564

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
There was a guy on the minecraft forums who programs basic mods like these.

I can't seem to find the article though, and the laser beam is probably not all that basic.

Thanks for the link! ^^

Also, I think that the laser beam is pretty basic. Just a simple PushMatrix and PopMatrix should do the trick. Unless I decide to get real crazy with the beam... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Some people just want the idea put out there, for example I have 11 mod ideas written down (partially) but there is no way in hell that I would have the time to code all of them, so I'm tempted to post them for other people to use.

I've actually already posted one.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Some people just want the idea put out there, for example I have 11 mod ideas written down (partially) but there is no way in hell that I would have the time to code all of them, so I'm tempted to post them for other people to use.

I've actually already posted one.

I've got a few written down, and only a couple are big (one adds a whole new type of industry, and one adds tons of dungeon types), and I plan on getting a computer capable of writing mods and making each one. I'm not sure if I would release all of them to the public or not.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, but the most I've coded besides CC code is a crappy web browser and Hello World program. For some reason I can't run the Forge source code installer on my computer :/
Thats ok, for the life of me I can't get Java 7 to work on my desktop :( and the closest I have come to a solution is a registry error :(

But I've done a little Java, C#, C++, COBOL, VB, HTML 5 and the other usuals for college students.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Thats ok, for the life of me I can't get Java 7 to work on my desktop :( and the closest I have come to a solution is a registry error :(

But I've done a little Java, C#, C++, COBOL, VB, HTML 5 and the other usuals for college students.

I'd say that's better than my situation, my OS doesn't support Java 7. I've been considering updating but it would cost me like 20 bucks and a ton of time to copy my HD to my external HD. Also, I'm in High School at a school with no tech classes, the closest thing I can get is Industrial Art, which I'm taking to avoid Foods and Drama.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Ladies and gentlemen, I present... well, more "suggest" than "present"...The Enderscope!

Crafted with Blaze Rods, Eyes of Ender, and some gold and diamonds maybe. The Enderscope is a device which points the way to the nearest End Portal. It may well have a range limit requiring the user to wander around randomly until they stumble upon one or to throw an Eye of Ender and head off in that direction until the 'scope gets the scent. Functioning similarly to a Thaumometer, the item has a pair of eyes which swivel to face the direction of the portal. When it gets really close, next to or inside the portal chamber, it goes cross-eyed and may break under the strain. Within The End, the item disintegrates and summons an Enderman to the spot where it broke, so don't take it with you!

Reactions: Museli and Pokefenn

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Need a mod where we can view/set/get to all the shortcut menu's of other mods, like the mini-map menu / waypoints or the key-binding menu for MPS or even the hats listing.

Just a simple gui that allows for better key-binding management. Actually now that I think about it, this would be an excellent thing to include in forge.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Need a mod where we can view/set/get to all the shortcut menu's of other mods, like the mini-map menu / waypoints or the key-binding menu for MPS or even the hats listing.

Just a simple gui that allows for better key-binding management. Actually now that I think about it, this would be an excellent thing to include in forge.

The irony is that it's likely that you'll forget the hotkey to open the gui.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
- Colored chests, pure design (no function), 8 planks with dye in the middle or chest with 4 of the same dye on left right top and bottom.
I'm on it. Seriously though, I'm making it. It is surprisingly difficult, since chests require to be entities. My latest issue is when I place a chest the game crashes due to issues with the net.minecraft.TileEntity file, and the TileEntity file from the mod. But just so you know, I hope to have this out in a month or so ;)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Equinox050

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish Jaded u could add ars magicka to magic farm 'coz the mod is great u had it on forgecraft and i was wondering why there is no mod pack with it ?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish Jaded u could add ars magicka to magic farm 'coz the mod is great u had it on forgecraft and i was wondering why there is no mod pack with it ?
This would be better in this thread, as this thread is a suggest mods to be written thread. Anyways, Ars Magica is a great mod indeed, but it takes so long to configure properly. It creates IDs that NEI doesn't recognize, so ID Dump Maps don't do anything for you, and the IDs are in random spots (some are in the 500-600's, some are in the thousands). It took me (if you add it all up), roughly, 4 hours to get Ars Magica to work in my modpack, with 128 mods.

tobiashunter

Jul 29, 2019
I thought about this mod, it could either be stand-a-lone or as an add-on to Millénaire (both would work fine for my idea).

Stand-a-lone: A new building is generated in all villages, The Town Hall. The Town Hall contains a mayor villager. You can talk to him and do 3 things: Request a building to be built, give resources for a project or standard trading.
-Requesting a building: This is the primary purpose behind this idea. Sometimes, you find a village nearby (or maybe it's the only village you have found at all) and it has no special buildings, no carrots/potatoes, or what have you. This function allows you to request the town constructs a building (Thaumcraft Towers, TC Building, Blacksmith, Bee Keeper, Mystcraft Building, or more houses). Most buildings are limited to 1, depending on mod author balance (I know you can have multiple TC buildings in a single village). Also, the cost to construct a new building goes up each time (adjustable in the configs).
-Give Resources For a Project: If a building has been selected, you're donating directly to the construction of this building (Primarily, stone bricks, woods, Gold and Diamonds (gotta pay the people!). If no building has been requested, you can just donate to the village. At certain points, they will automatically build a random building. Balance wise, the random buildings are a flat rate, but more expensive. I was thinking after about 3-5 buildings you pick, it is more economical to be random, unless you desperately need a new building
-Trading- Mayor starts off with 2 trade abilities, picked from all available villager abilities (Yes, the Mayor can trade bee's, mystcraft pages, and whatever else).

The other benefit of a mod like this, is when a new village building is added, you can just go to a mayor and have him build it, as oppose to finding a whole new village.

Millénaire Add-on: Most of the tech already exists with Millénaire, just need to be able to add it into the building queue's of the cultures and possibly give a selection method for specific buildings.

Thanks, hopefully someone else would find this ability useful!

Reactions: draeath

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
It would be interesting if "underground villages" could be generated. Same idea, but perhaps more styled like strongholds - and of course trade goods / farms should be adjusted to make sense. Mushroom farms, tools/tracks/etc for trade and such.

Posting, as I believe the folks who can are not always the folks with the inspiration. It's that way with music, for me.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Spaceshipable

Jul 29, 2019
My idea is for mobs that do similar jobs to machines but can follow the player around. They would be fed with food for fuel, possibly different foods for different types of critter.

The first would be an energy critter. This could be fed food and then would produce power which it could use to shock foes or power IC2/BC machines via a custom engine and or generator.

Another critter would be a cruncher which could break ores down into broken ores. The cruncher could also deal melee damage to enemies.

A saliva critter would wash ores by gargling them. He could also produce water similar to an aqueous accumulator.

A thermal critter would be able to smelt things and breath fire at foes and light things similar to flint and steel.

There could be multiple other critters also but these are the first few I had thought of. The main advantage is that these mobs would be portable and double as fighting comrades. I am unsure so far of how exactly they could be automated but seeing as they can move there is no reason why they shouldn't just hop over to their friend and pass them the material/liquid etc. I also think it would be fun to have a system of powering things with food as I don't think any mod has done this yet. Other ideas include mobs growing to upgrade their speed/efficiency.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
My idea is for mobs that do similar jobs to machines but can follow the player around. They would be fed with food for fuel, possibly different foods for different types of critter.

The first would be an energy critter. This could be fed food and then would produce power which it could use to shock foes or power IC2/BC machines via a custom engine and or generator.

Another critter would be a cruncher which could break ores down into broken ores. The cruncher could also deal melee damage to enemies.

A saliva critter would wash ores by gargling them. He could also produce water similar to an aqueous accumulator.

A thermal critter would be able to smelt things and breath fire at foes and light things similar to flint and steel.

There could be multiple other critters also but these are the first few I had thought of. The main advantage is that these mobs would be portable and double as fighting comrades. I am unsure so far of how exactly they could be automated but seeing as they can move there is no reason why they shouldn't just hop over to their friend and pass them the material/liquid etc. I also think it would be fun to have a system of powering things with food as I don't think any mod has done this yet. Other ideas include mobs growing to upgrade their speed/efficiency.
I love this. I love this a lot.