Request Suggest mods for creation here

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
I REALLY wish that the powersuit headpiece, when fused with Goggles of Revealing, allowed you to see nodes, or at the very least, see the contents of essence jars. Seems kind of pointless for me to only see flux.

hockey25fan

Jul 29, 2019
Craftable command blocks I know there probably is a mod but also u don't have to go into creative to set the command[DOUBLEPOST=1371511459][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have been thinking about coding this for a couple weeks but lack time.

Cuisine Craft:
*** A complete overhaul of food in Minecraft

Cows, Pigs and Chickens now drop carcasses. These can be cooked as is or cut into different cuts of meat and then cooked.

New Machines:
- Gas Stove
- Electric Stove
- Convection Oven
- Commercial Pastry Oven
- Cupboards, Counters and Sink (Multiblock) (For storing utensils and preparing meals)
- Grill

New Items:
- Butcher Knife (Used for carving meat and as a Iron Sword)
- Mixing Bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Pots
- Recipe Book (Starts out Empty and fills up as you make more dishes

New Food:

- Wheat + Bucket of Water (or placed in counter with mixing bowl and water supply) --> Dough
- Dough --> Uncooked Bread (Loaf or Buns)
- Dough + Sugar (With Cake Tin) ---> Cake Dough
- Dough + Pasta Machine --> Uncooked Pasta
- 1 pork carcass would give pork ribs, pork tenderloin, pork chop and bacon. Each of which can be cooked separately
- 1 cow carcass would give several cuts of beef
- 1 chicken carcass would be able to be seasoned and cooked as is or cut to get wings, thighs and breasts
- Use Xycraft corn for creamed corn or grind it for cornmeal (made into cornbread) or extract it for Corn Syrup (Liquid Sugar)
- Different combinations of meat + spices or vegetables + spices give more food points (or saturation) (eg. High Glycemic index foods give more immediate food but less saturation) or short term potion effects
- Coffee (Gives short speed boost and mining speed boost for 30 seconds)

New WorldGen:

- New Seeds:
----- Sugar (Separate from Reeds)
----- Pepper
----- Salt (Either isolated from boiling water or filtered from sand)
----- Other Spices
----- Tomatoes and other vegetables and Fruits
- New Villager:
----- Gardener
----- Trades for spices and for recipes and gives emeralds for good dishes
----- Has Small Garden near house with Spices, Vegetables
----- Has some kitchen equipment to "borrow" inside

Suggestions are welcome!!!
have fun actually making the mod:p

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see more liquid fuels and liquid based engines. One idea I had was to infuse the current fuels with liquid redstone from TE. The end result would be that the fuel provided the same MJ/t but lasted longer, or the reverse, more MJ/t but lasted the same. Maybe do the same with coal. Coal into a pulverizer for coal dust, combine with redstone dust, recraft into a chunk of redstone infused coal for a larger output.

Reactions: Damion

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
Some way to remove cables easier, like a Wire Cutter or something.
The cables break so slow no matter which tool I use.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I Woulld GREATLY Appreciate it if you guys added Opifine and/or Equivilent Exchange and/or the Timber mod

1. Wrong place. Go to the FTB mod suggestion thread for stuff like that.
  2. For every person that optifine helps, it hurts another. It's not that difficult to install manually.
  3. EE is already in most of the packs. o_O
  4. timber sucks. It's OP and not sensitive to any buildings you have. Treecapitator is much, much better, with smart tree detection, support for any mod you want, and is much less OP. Also, axe of the stream.

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
For every person that optifine helps, it hurts another.
I haven't heard any negative response for installing Optifine :/
It reduces lag and gives access to detailed performance customization, as well as CTM support and compatibility with almost every mod. What's so bad about it?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I haven't heard any negative response for installing Optifine :/
It reduces lag and gives access to detailed performance customization, as well as CTM support and compatibility with almost every mod. What's so bad about it?

Well some people, like direwolf20 dislike it because some of the FPS reducing methods make things look a bit wonky when blocks move, as well as other visual annoyances. others get a fps drop from optifine for some reason. Besides that, the author does not give permission. Slowpoke has even stated that if they got optifine perms then they wouldn't add it in any packs.

By the way, i love optifine. I hate the vignette feature, but love fancy leaves. and direwolf20 was gawking over glass viewers having connected textures even when connected textures was around in optifine before he even started using mods.

Anyways, this is still off topic. If you want to continue, PM me.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I just have a single block suggestion (maybe two). A Vacuum Chamber, which would pull from any inventory on five sides of it, and output to one side. I'd suggest it work at about the same speed as a redstone engine but be upgradeable to work faster. You could also make a Pressure Chamber that would work in reverse (input to one side, output to many) but that's basically what pipes and tubes do.

Some ideas to go along with the above:
- Configurable sides: Allow each side to be configured as output or input.
- Configurable sequence: Allow the player to decide in which order the sides are activated, or all at once.
- Configurable thoroughness: Finish with one inventory before moving on to the next.

nath edwards

Jul 29, 2019
i have been building a fusion reactor this evening on my server and i had this idea... if FTB has the fusion reactor and a nuclear reactor included within a mod then there should be a mod which includes a 'Large Hadron Collider' :) could work on the similar basics as a fusion reactor but be in a much larger radius (eg 100+ blocks dia.) which could produce antimatter similar to the helium plasma but be worth more energy than plasma. the matter could be stored safely like in the FILM "Angels & Demons" inside a canister and if uncharged it would explode like a nuke! :D

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
In all the technic stuff we have in FTB pack we still have vanilla wooden signs which dont rly fit to industrial stuff from other mods, so my idea is to make just simple mod that adds few customizable more technic looking signs,

It should look like monitors, iron look etc, as i said customizable so u can decide what corors it has. Would be cool if someone will make such thing its not looking such difficult compare to more advenced mod.

Reactions: Otho

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
I just have a single block suggestion (maybe two). A Vacuum Chamber, which would pull from any inventory on five sides of it, and output to one side. I'd suggest it work at about the same speed as a redstone engine but be upgradeable to work faster. You could also make a Pressure Chamber that would work in reverse (input to one side, output to many) but that's basically what pipes and tubes do.

Some ideas to go along with the above:
- Configurable sides: Allow each side to be configured as output or input.
- Configurable sequence: Allow the player to decide in which order the sides are activated, or all at once.
- Configurable thoroughness: Finish with one inventory before moving on to the next.
You mean like this mod?

Or more complex and customizable than that?

Reactions: MrZwij

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
You mean like this mod?

Or more complex and customizable than that?

That totally would work. :) Looks awesome. I'd like to be able to prioritize the different inventories, but other than that it does pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.