Request Suggest mods for creation here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to increase the rate of "place block" in creative mode so that flying upwards can place blocks as fast as it flies upwards. (For 1.7.10 :)

Zanzekk

Jul 29, 2019
As I have a realization that there are very little "positive magic" mods out there (Botania may or may not be considered as such mod, seeing that it deals with flowers and nature), I have a thought on the focus of a mod. Seeing that most mods do not have interaction with other players(Witchery and Ars Magica 2 are some of the most obvious that has interaction), maybe one that gives other players positive attributes (as simple as a speed buff, or as complex as giving the player a temporary "enhancement" (similar to that of World of Warcraft shamans, for those that don't know what I am talking about a good example would be extra fire damage on your mace) to a weapon, causing that effect to a player's target with that effect) would be a neat idea. If you wanted to get even more detailed, you could even cause side-effects on a player for using your own spell against you (it's not exactly a "positive" measure, but with good, comes a balance of evil).

Last edited:

Zanzekk

Jul 29, 2019
I think Chromaticraft's pendants ect may do a decent chunk of what you're looking for.
Kind of? I haven't looked too in depth with Chromaticraft, although I have just looked up a video on this and it seems to only give effects to the player wearing it (from what I seen from the video, correct me if I am wrong about my information on Chromaticraft). I was talking about literal spells that a person can cast on different people other than the person casting that spell.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Essential Craft's Baubles do some cool things as well. Double drops on things like Diamonds, or double damage against mobs, while taking double damage.

Zanzekk

Jul 29, 2019
Essential Craft's Baubles do some cool things as well. Double drops on things like Diamonds, or double damage against mobs, while taking double damage.
That does sound quite interesting, but it doesn't really sound like what I have mentioned previously, my idea was to give someone else this buff from a spell, and cause a debuff on someone who tries to attack the caster.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah, missed that.

Built correctly, that should be doable with Blood Magic's spells. I believe they can give buffs and be set to be on a target, instead of self.

Zanzekk

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, missed that.

Built correctly, that should be doable with Blood Magic's spells. I believe they can give buffs and be set to be on a target, instead of self.
Yeah, I have been meaning to look into the new Blood Magic. It's not really a "good" magic kind of mod (hince the words "Blood Magic") and has quite a lot of evil traits behind that mod. It's a good mod don't get me wrong, it's just not a mod that seems quite benevolent, if you understand what I am saying by that. My idea was to ask for a mod developer to create a mod that does positive things to the world by positive magic. As per means of creating, instead of what most mods do, by destroying the world (like mining... using non-renewable materials... ext.). Hmm, now I am thinking of more ideas.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Mostly you'll self-sacrifice, though you can automate monster killing. The 1.9 version now has something called the Incense Altar that can provide a %300 bonus on top of self-sacrifice runes that improve the amount you get from each sacrifice.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
In-game versions of the ?meta game? things. NEI, Minimap, etc. Craftable items that do the same thing, or extremely similar. Was even thinking the NEI/JEI one could have research associated with the recipe discovery. The minimap HUD sounds like a helmet addon, It could even be re-skinned or customized in a specialized crafting machine.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
In-game versions of the ?meta game? things. NEI, Minimap, etc. Craftable items that do the same thing, or extremely similar. Was even thinking the NEI/JEI one could have research associated with the recipe discovery. The minimap HUD sounds like a helmet addon, It could even be re-skinned or customized in a specialized crafting machine.
Also, Antique Atlas is a thing. Not exactly a minimap, but better than vanilla maps.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
IIRC Bibliocraft has a map atlas which can hold vanilla maps and waypoint compasses which you can use to set waypoints, or something simmilar.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Antique Atlas is a thing. Not exactly a minimap, but better than vanilla maps.
IIRC Bibliocraft has a map atlas which can hold vanilla maps and waypoint compasses which you can use to set waypoints, or something simmilar.
I've played with both those. They work will enough. They aren't a HUD though. The best HUD I have seen so far is Pheumaticrafts. It is extremely awesome and helps out a lot in testing different world gen things out. It doesn't have a minimap though.

Crafting guide
I forgot agout the CraftGuide mod. Still be nice if their was research associated with it. Like having to manually analyze items. Possibly loosing some of them in the process to be able to learn the crafting recipe in it.

Was just thinking I use all these gaming aids while playing minecraft. They aren't really fully integrated into the gameplay though. They are just skinned over it to make things easier. Would be nice if they were integrated. Would add more immersion and such to the game. I've been having fun without minimap mods. I've been using bibliocraft compasses a lot to find my way around. All I ever used the minimaps for was waypoints and enemy radar. I can't wait until I can get a pneumaticraft helmet going. Its hostiles radar is extremely awesome.

Zanzekk

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly you'll self-sacrifice, though you can automate monster killing. The 1.9 version now has something called the Incense Altar that can provide a %300 bonus on top of self-sacrifice runes that improve the amount you get from each sacrifice.
Yeah, I have been keeping an eye on certain YouTubers' with new 1.9+ mods. I am really liking these new mods.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
A set of education tools for the java version of minecraft.

From what I have read a education edition of minecraft was just released. So far sound like a worthless joke. Still brings up something that might be nice for modded minecraft. Mods aimed at making setting up a using teaching/learning environments easy, efficient, and fun. Their are mods more and less that would work. Maybe add them together and make a pack and refine the mods to aim them more at the education.

Not for sure. Just so many thing I read about Minecraft Education Edition that sound like I couldn't buy it and never want to, but that it might have been a big hit if done right. Not that the modded community could do it better or anything (ironic sarcasm aimed at the how well they have already done. Though their are so many more of them then there are Mincraft developers to be fair.