Request Suggest mods for creation here

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Atmospheric pressure can be calculated pretty easily, but only vertically. Hrm, should be bounced off whomever is doing GalacticCraft, much of space habitation is based off of experimentation underwater.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1SDAN

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I've done some scuba diving before, so I know roughly how much PSI is being exerted on your body at depths of 40 feet underwater. You'll need upwards of a 100 or so feet to reach significant pressures that can start affecting your breathing mix, which is why I'm pointing to GalacticCraft as a good place to ask for those kinds of calculations as well as borrowing the same oxygen system on an environment that is also very bad to breath in.

Besides, it would tie into making an base on Europa under the ice shell.

Reactions: 1SDAN and the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, I've done some scuba diving before, so I know roughly how much PSI is being exerted on your body at depths of 40 feet underwater. You'll need upwards of a 100 or so feet to reach significant pressures that can start affecting your breathing mix, which is why I'm pointing to GalacticCraft as a good place to ask for those kinds of calculations as well as borrowing the same oxygen system on an environment that is also very bad to breath in.

Besides, it would tie into making an base on Europa under the ice shell.

At what point is the PSI too high to dive without a sub? Or does it like push you up or something?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
The human body can only take so much PSI on the body (Underwater its about ) before it starts on things like filling your lungs up with blood. The deepest record is about 1108.92 (Imperial measurement system FTW) however the limit for most people that don't want to dive deeper is about 100ft (Due to the fact you want to avoid not having enough air and surfacing too quick will kill you as well) and people have been recorded to pass out beyond 120ft. Unmanned submarines are usually better due to the fact they don't need oxygen as well there isn't the possibility to the loss of life.
So how about blindness, weakness, mining fatigue, slowness, etc. all happen at around 120 feet?

EDIT: which is approx. 36 feet down.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
100 feet is about 30 meters.
30 meters down, in vanilla, is around Y=32, or the bottom of the deep oceans.

Good thing the oceans are just continental shelfs, right? ;0)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Artifice can do that. It's not only dedicated to scaffolding, but I believe that most of its features can be disabled in the config.

You can make absail lines and those hanging platforms?
I already use Artifice for my scaffolding needs, but that's pretty much all I use it for so far.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Good thing the oceans are just continental shelfs, right? ;0)
I believe that Abyssal Deeps is a biome somewhere. Not sure which mod, but I've done yellorium mining in one with TPPI. Practically y=5 down there.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
something I've been thinking about the past few days... nowadays there's mods that allow you to add custom items and custom blocks to Minecraft, how difficult would it be to add custom machines aswell?
the base would preferrably be thermal expansion machines so you've some control on things like information tabs, redstone control and input and output, and through configuration files you'd be able to add slots, recipes and textures.

though the more I think about this, wouldn't you need alot of coding knowledge to be able to do add machines like that through configurations? if so you might aswell just write a mod yourself instead of using a mod to add machines.

Reactions: 1SDAN and the_j485

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
something I've been thinking about the past few days... nowadays there's mods that allow you to add custom items and custom blocks to Minecraft, how difficult would it be to add custom machines aswell?
the base would preferrably be thermal expansion machines so you've some control on things like information tabs, redstone control and input and output, and through configuration files you'd be able to add slots, recipes and textures.

though the more I think about this, wouldn't you need alot of coding knowledge to be able to do add machines like that through configurations? if so you might aswell just write a mod yourself instead of using a mod to add machines.
I've also been thinking about custom machines too, but more of custom multiblock structures. Like set a schematic of how it's gonna look like, a custom skin for the final structure, and maybe a default GUI for the machines.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
...Why not both?

GODMzFE.gif

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to report which mods are responsible for disabling which recipe.

(I'm surprised Forge doesn't tell you who turns off the cake...)

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
One idea I've had for a while is to add a tenth hotbar slot that is always an empty hand, even if your inventory is full. Mostly for mod machinery that requires an empty-hand click to do something, but also just nice to have so you can still have your full 9 items/blocks/whatevers but still switch to an empty hand if you don't want to be holding anything.

Also, a second slot for each piece of armor, so you can wear, for example, a helmet and glasses at the same time. BUT, the second slot would not offer any armor protection, just special abilities like night vision or whatever, to keep people from wearing 2 diamond chestplates and basically being invincible. X3 And perhaps allow wearing of an Electric Jetpack from IC2 along with a Batpack/Energypack that will recharge it, since that thing's power runs out so quickly. Though, I don't know how easy that would be to make work with IC2.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a second slot for each piece of armor, so you can wear, for example, a helmet and glasses at the same time. BUT, the second slot would not offer any armor protection, just special abilities like night vision or whatever, to keep people from wearing 2 diamond chestplates and basically being invincible. X3 And perhaps allow wearing of an Electric Jetpack from IC2 along with a Batpack/Energypack that will recharge it, since that thing's power runs out so quickly. Though, I don't know how easy that would be to make work with IC2.
So, like Baubles...?

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Baubles? I'll have to Google that ... ok no, not quite. Baubles adds other kinds of things like amulet slots, not additional armor slots or an empty-hand hotbar slot.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Baubles? I'll have to Google that ... ok no, not quite. Baubles adds other kinds of things like amulet slots, not additional armor slots or an empty-hand hotbar slot.
Tinkers Construct adds extra armor and item slots. They barely use them, though; it was preparation for the Traveller's Gear armor set, which hasn't been improved much since it was introduced.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I do really like the Traveller's Goggles. ^^ But still, doesn't do what I'm looking for.