Request Suggest mods for creation here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Given that I love Thaumcraft, but hate restarting because "easy" mode research is so damned research point hungry, and the deconstruction table is unusable in the extreme...

I would like / LOVE a mod that added one item - (once the deconstruction table is researched)
Block: Enchanted Book Shredder.
The enchanted book shredder will have an input slot, which accepts enchanted books. It will take a moment (like a furnace) and then the book will be destroyed and a number of knowledge fragments - determined by the enchanting level of the book - will appear in the output slot.

This will allow players to trade experience for research.

Caveat - players who invest in experience production methods will be able to power level thaumcraft. I do not personally see this as a problem as the infrastructure investments for xp production is normally quite high. And lets not pretend that the Deconstruction table itself is not automatable and all it needs is a wood farm (and a utility like AutoIt).

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
I wish there would be some actual experiments, maybe some sort of tasks or special constructions that give research points for completing.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that unifies all the popular mods recipes that use the RF system. There are at least 4 - and probably more - variations on the machine-frame-in-the-center-of-a-recipe idea that Thermal Expansion uses. This mod would hijack Mekanism, Ender IO, MFR, etc., so that they use the basic thermal expansion machine frame for their entry level recipes.

But.. wait? Why wouldn't we just use Minetweaker for that? Well, there's more...

Only the basic machine frame and basic machines (pulverizer, furnace variations) would be craftable by hand, higher tier machines would require a machine called the Universal Printer. This machine would take your basic materials, and use them to craft the item requested. It would do all the steps required to craft that item, so only the most basic materials, energy, and time would be required to craft said item. The Universal Printer would be able to craft all alloys, capacitors, energy-storage devices, upgrades, and machines that utilize the RF system.

The Universal Printer would be powered in a way that resembles the Buildcraft assembly table, XU QED, or MFR Mining Laser, A.K.A. lasers. These lasers would be relatively simple to craft, but would be major power hogs, so much so that in the early game even one would be a challenge, and would power the printer only very slowly. At this point it would make more sense to use the Ender IO alloy smelter to craft the base alloys, and use that in the Printer to create higher-tier machines. The alloy smelter would also be able to create mekanism alloys, steel, etc. Also the Universal Printer would have several tiers, which are determined by the number of lasers sending power to it. Less than 4 would be tier 0, more than 4 would be tier 1, more than 16 would be tier 2, and more than 32 would be tier 3. Also, it takes the lasers more time and energy to upgrade the tier of the Printer than to sustain the current tier, so it would be best to keep the power supply continuous.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking, there's mods with Legend of Zelda gear, Gravity gun, Portal gun, etc. We need more mods based around gear from other games. I'd love to see a mod based on Ratchet and Clank(sheepinator anyone?), Jack and Daxter, Elder Scrolls, etc. There's just so much that would really be cool to play with.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking, there's mods with Legend of Zelda gear, Gravity gun, Portal gun, etc. We need more mods based around gear from other games. I'd love to see a mod based on Ratchet and Clank(sheepinator anyone?), Jack and Daxter, Elder Scrolls, etc. There's just so much that would really be cool to play with.

No. We need @iChun to finish Portal Gun. All those discouragement beams and other placeholder pieces. Damnit this is like the 2nd mod I discovered in modded minecraft and I've wanted to build a portal gun arena for the longest time.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
1. Gany's command blocks -- bring the 1.8 command block features to 1.7.10.
2. Gany's Guardians -- bring the 1.8 water mobs to 1.7.10
2b: Endermites! Forgot them.
3. Lapis Enchanting -- bring the 1.8 enchanting changes to 1.7.10
4. Piston Pushing -- bring the 1.8 slime block/piston mechanics to 1.7.10
5. A mod to overhaul villager trading, that can duplicate the 1.8 trading / profession system.
6. World's End -- World border features. Provide, as options:
a- The weekly snapshot system (being outside causes damage after time) or the release (being outside causes death), configurable
b- The ability to have different borders in different dimensions (... seriously? Walk to the border in the nether, teleport to the overworld, and die from being outside?)
c- Redstone outside of the border functioning: make this a config option.
d- Mobs spawning outside: Make this a config option. (Spawners outside the border function? Please tell me I'm mistaken).

Bonus points for multiple "live" sections, instead of only one live section.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
1. Gany's command blocks -- bring the 1.8 command block features to 1.7.10.
2. Gany's Guardians -- bring the 1.8 water mobs to 1.7.10
2b: Endermites! Forgot them.
3. Lapis Enchanting -- bring the 1.8 enchanting changes to 1.7.10
4. Piston Pushing -- bring the 1.8 slime block/piston mechanics to 1.7.10
5. A mod to overhaul villager trading, that can duplicate the 1.8 trading / profession system.
6. World's End -- World border features. Provide, as options:
a- The weekly snapshot system (being outside causes damage after time) or the release (being outside causes death), configurable
b- The ability to have different borders in different dimensions (... seriously? Walk to the border in the nether, teleport to the overworld, and die from being outside?)
c- Redstone outside of the border functioning: make this a config option.
d- Mobs spawning outside: Make this a config option. (Spawners outside the border function? Please tell me I'm mistaken).

Bonus points for multiple "live" sections, instead of only one live section.
The piston pushing thing? Look into Funky Locomotion, which doesn't require TE to function. It can use other recipes if TE is not installed, there's just no option for that in the config file.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Anyone remember Peach Dudes? They were from Minecraft Beta something-or-other. I'd really enjoy seeing them again. ^_^ A mod I mean. It can be seen in this video:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Given that I love Thaumcraft, but hate restarting because "easy" mode research is so damned research point hungry, and the deconstruction table is unusable in the extreme...

I would like / LOVE a mod that added one item - (once the deconstruction table is researched)
Block: Enchanted Book Shredder.
The enchanted book shredder will have an input slot, which accepts enchanted books. It will take a moment (like a furnace) and then the book will be destroyed and a number of knowledge fragments - determined by the enchanting level of the book - will appear in the output slot.

This will allow players to trade experience for research.

Caveat - players who invest in experience production methods will be able to power level thaumcraft. I do not personally see this as a problem as the infrastructure investments for xp production is normally quite high. And lets not pretend that the Deconstruction table itself is not automatable and all it needs is a wood farm (and a utility like AutoIt).
Isn't there a Think Tank in Thaumic Exploration that makes Knowledge Fragments from books (although not consistantly)?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to split "block volume" into "walking volume" and "block actions".

Right now, if I have block volume to where I can hear walking, then everything else is very loud.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like a really simple mod. All it does is allows you to change controls to certain things.

For instance, fly is no longer double tap space but you can assign another key.

Or even the addition of combination keys. W does this but ctrl+w Does this.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
A mod to split "block volume" into "walking volume" and "block actions".

Right now, if I have block volume to where I can hear walking, then everything else is very loud.
I agree! Didn't think to ask for this, but yes, this is something that bugs me.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
I'd like a really simple mod. All it does is allows you to change controls to certain things.

For instance, fly is no longer double tap space but you can assign another key.

Or even the addition of combination keys. W does this but ctrl+w Does this.
This would be good. Also make "Dismount" its own key so you can rebind it to something else.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Nugget and shard casts for TiCon plus a way to make solid material tools. I was thinking, you make a tool and put it in the casting table and then use that to make a tool with the "Solid" ability. This adds +25% durability but is more expensive to repair (so that one ingot does not repair it as much.) You are also not able to replace parts. Just something I thought would be cool.
EDIT: Example: You make any material sword and put it in the casting table. You take the "Sword Cast" and poor aluminum into it. You now have a "Solid" Aluminum Sword with 25% more durability.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
silly random thought... how about having the mob spawning at night depend on the phase of the moon?
full moon would mean almost no mobs spawn, new moon would mean more mobs will spawn.

the light level would also change depending on the moon phase, which would mean with a full moon it doesn't get as dark compared to a new moon

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
silly random thought... how about having the mob spawning at night depend on the phase of the moon?
full moon would mean almost no mobs spawn, new moon would mean more mobs will spawn.

the light level would also change depending on the moon phase, which would mean with a full moon it doesn't get as dark compared to a new moon
Actually, that's sort of already in vanilla. Endermen are more likely to spawn close to the new moon, while zombie sieges are more likely during a full moon. It may not be a big variation, but at least there's some.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, that's sort of already in vanilla. Endermen are more likely to spawn close to the new moon, while zombie sieges are more likely during a full moon. It may not be a big variation, but at least there's some.

aah, since I rarely play vanilla I did not know that yet :p

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I was thinking... I would love a block that when powered it changes the way gravity works... so like it could have modes where you reverse gravity and stand on the ceiling. Or a spherical range where it is always your ceiling or always your floor. When you build around it, the orientation of you and the blocks you place is based on where it is in relation to this block. It would either be difficult to craft requiring nether stars or multiple craft stages. Or it could require power though I think the fluctuating in and out of this state as power needs/supply wax and wane would be a huge strain on the system. I think this would be awesome. Oh and it could be up gradable so if you put upgrades into it, it increases the range of it. sigh I wish I could code, I would so make this a thing. #morrow

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I was thinking... I would love a block that when powered it changes the way gravity works... so like it could have modes where you reverse gravity and stand on the ceiling. Or a spherical range where it is always your ceiling or always your floor. When you build around it, the orientation of you and the blocks you place is based on where it is in relation to this block. It would either be difficult to craft requiring nether stars or multiple craft stages. Or it could require power though I think the fluctuating in and out of this state as power needs/supply wax and wane would be a huge strain on the system. I think this would be awesome. Oh and it could be up gradable so if you put upgrades into it, it increases the range of it. sigh I wish I could code, I would so make this a thing. #morrow
Sethbling has already made a command block system that defines an anti-gravity zone, so this is potentially doable. I think I'd make it a powered block, requiring ender pearls (or resonant ender) and a nether star, but other than that I'm not sure what you'd do.