Request Suggest mods for creation here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
ExtraUtilities recently added an item called a Glove that acts like an empty hand when shift-right-clicked. However, it's yet another item to carry around with you.

Hmm, idea: An item with some simple, useful function (as a sword, pick, or /dev/null, maybe?) that acts like an empty hand when shift-clicked.
Someone might should suggest this to Tema. Right-click the glove on air, and it opens a GUI where you can put in a sword, pick, shovel, etc. Left-clicking or right-clicking the glove without holding shift acts like left- or right-clicking the tool or weapon (for mining, attacking, or blocking), while shift-right-clicking acts like an empty hand, as the Glove already does.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Someone might should suggest this to Tema. Right-click the glove on air, and it opens a GUI where you can put in a sword, pick, shovel, etc. Left-clicking or right-clicking the glove without holding shift acts like left- or right-clicking the tool or weapon (for mining, attacking, or blocking), while shift-right-clicking acts like an empty hand, as the Glove already does.
I would actually take that one further. All normal functions with right/left including shift for all items. Then, if someone holds down a certain key, then it would act like an empty hand, say ',' for the key. Actually fairly easy to make, a lot of boilerplate, but easy

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
It's not like keybinds in modded environment aren't a tangled overlapping mess already. Can't dismiss a functionality just because some people use some keybind for something else.

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Yes, either press "0" or scroll the mouse to it. Again, this would be configurable, like all keybinds.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Yeah, I really hate all the messy as fuck keybinds. can ANYTHING be done about that? Like having switchable modes for different mods /groups of mods?

Flexico

Dec 15, 2012
Honestly it doesn't bother me much. I just edit the control options so there are no conflicts. Though you might be using different mods from me that act differently in a way that is more annoying than I'm aware of, so ... yeah.

Redsaphir_CZ

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Don't someone know about block-factory for banners and fireworks? Something like door factory from Malisis doors? I don't know when next ModJam's coming...here you have suggestion :D

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct adds extra armor and item slots. They barely use them, though; it was preparation for the Traveller's Gear armor set, which hasn't been improved much since it was introduced.
I like the gloves for haste and the goggles for night vision and zoom, I also use the vest for dodging and sneaking.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
What about a mod for keybind sets, with a keybind to toggle between groups (group a, keybinds for mod a, group b, keybinds for mod b, etc)

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I'm thinking that this challenge

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...urvival-mode/297708-challenge-the-tree-spirit

Could be codified into a mod somehow.

Or, I should say, "again" http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...8161-1-2-5-the-tree-spirit-challenge-mod-v1-2

It's been a long time.

I'd go so far as to suggest a multiplayer version where you start atuned to one type that's a tree at spawn. That would also be your faction, and PVP against them would be impossible.

At some point you might get kicked off the tree, or choose to leave the tree and you could use a one time atune to change your tree.

Add in wood armor that would give you brief ability to not be on the tree, and implimentation of the optional rules for enclosed rooms, and you are onto something.

I've got ideas about how the factions would all be differnt tribes of tree spirits and you could only claim ones not claimed by a group if you are exiled.