Request Suggest mods for creation here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
A mod I'd love to see: Stair Master. Essentially the ghosted placing of the microblocks for stairs, so you can see where the stair is going. IE upside down, or the various corners.

Reactions: Otho and 1SDAN

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Small Magma slimes explode on contact with the player doing 4 hearts of damage.
Maybe these could be added to Natura (seems almost perfect) or Ender Zoo; but you'll find lava monsters in several mods meant for super-hardcore stuff. While they're not FTB modpacks, current versions of UHC and the MadPack (both found on the AT launcher) include dangerous creatures which spawn near lava and sometimes water. I don't dabble in creature mods myself, so I'm not sure exactly which mods add them.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe these could be added to Natura (seems almost perfect) or Ender Zoo; but you'll find lava monsters in several mods meant for super-hardcore stuff. While they're not FTB modpacks, current versions of UHC and the MadPack (both found on the AT launcher) include dangerous creatures which spawn near lava and sometimes water. I don't dabble in creature mods myself, so I'm not sure exactly which mods add them.
I use Ender Zoo, Primitive Mobs, Special Mobs, Infernal Mobs, Lava Monsters and Natura; I think I'm fine with Mobs, I'm just want the Smallest form of Magma Slimes to explode on contact with the player making them an actual threat not that I want a new mob.

RobG

Jul 29, 2019
One way glass where one side you can look out like a glass block and the opposing side is a block material used in the recipe (dirt, ore, tree, etc, etc).

Reactions: 1SDAN and Fraction2

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Harder Hunger & Health System:
If you are below 10% Hunger you get Slowness.
If you are below 8% Hunger you get Nausea.
If you are below 5% Hunger you get Damage (This damage is fairly low and random, This damage stacks with Normal Starving Damage).
If you are below 10% Health you randomly get 2 seconds of Blindness or Nausea.
If you are below 5% Health you get randomly 5 seconds of Blindness or Nausea (This replaces the previous debuff).

Last edited:

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Harder Hunger & Health System:
If you are below 10% Hunger you get Slowness.
If you are below 8% Hunger you get Nausea.
If you are below 5% Hunger you get Damage (This damage is fairly low and random, This damage stacks with Normal Starving Damage).
If you are below 10% Health you randomly get 2 seconds of Blindness or Nausea.
If you are below 5% Health you get randomly 5 seconds of Blindness or Nausea (This replaces the previous debuff).
Can't you do something like this with Hunger Overhaul?

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
One way glass where one side you can look out like a glass block and the opposing side is a block material used in the recipe (dirt, ore, tree, etc, etc).
Not that it's glass, but you can actually do this with the camouflage cable from Steve's Factory Manager, and you can do similar things with quantum blocks from QCraft.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Idea I came up with while playing
ewDZf.png

So what I mean by this is when you start out maybe the SoE is smaller, you spawn in the world and there is a 10 block radius around you where mobs can't spawn, then you open your inventory, 11 blocks, get wood, 12, make a furnace 13, etc, etc.
Because when you are geared in end-game armour from other mods, you just don't see mobs as a threat anymore, and it would be nice to say they don't spawn at all, but that would be stupid... It may also make a challenge for a skyblock map - do you advance so you can get better stuff or do you stay low tier so your mob spawner platform will still spawn mobs

why not take it a step further and have achievements actually give the player all kinds of effects instead of just preventing mobs from spawning near you?
would be a good reason for me to actually try and earn achievements. with that you could perhaps also have some sort of badge system for achievements so people on servers could check what achievements were earned by a player.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
why not take it a step further and have achievements actually give the player all kinds of effects instead of just preventing mobs from spawning near you?
would be a good reason for me to actually try and earn achievements. with that you could perhaps also have some sort of badge system for achievements so people on servers could check what achievements were earned by a player.
What? And different badges(or badge amounts) do different things, e.g. no badges = no effect, 10 badges = persistent mining speed increase (no particle effects), etc.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
And you could create your own achievements!

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
What? And different badges(or badge amounts) do different things, e.g. no badges = no effect, 10 badges = persistent mining speed increase (no particle effects), etc.

pretty much, certain branches of achievements could give different effects, and the further down the branch you go, the better the effect becomes
perhaps you could even have repeatable achievements that give effects for a certain duration

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I also hate creepers exploding. Most people hate creepers exploding. Doesn't make turning it off such a creative and genius idea.

could be another reward for achievements, but obviously a very late one
instead of creepers exploding and destroying blocks, they'd simply explode as if creeper griefing was turned off
but like I said, it'd be a very late achievement and it'd only work if a creeper explodes because of you, and not by other players or mobs

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
@VikeStep

I didn't know where else to put this so I figured here is good enough.

Could you add a config option for spawn rates for mobs, for example, witches? I don't know if that is possible, but it would be useful.

Also all your changes should work server side too, right?

Sent from my tüber-powerful tablet that I got for $40 new. -Using potato waves!