Request Suggest mods for creation here

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Do you know what I want. Warp drives. All the warp drives. Warp drives and more warp drives. Multiblock warp drives also. Something like the "warp room" in the Enterprise. Did I mention warp drives?
Command blocks command blocks and more commands blocks command block houses and did I mention command blocks :p

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
Command blocks command blocks and more commands blocks command block houses and did I mention command blocks :p
XD
I was thinking more like the crazy particle effects and bring able to teleport wherever you want? Maybe a adding for Archimedes ships, that would be awesome.

Henix_Aurorus

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like Gregtech with out the gregtech. Nice. As long as you don't muck up the rest of the game I'm all for it. :D
I am all for not mucking up the rest of the game; that's actually the main reason I won't touch GregTech.

And the concept is less Gregtech-esque and more a sort of magitechnology approach to things- which as far as I know is surprisingly uncommon.

At this rate I might end up making the mod myself, since I already have some surprisingly thorough documentation of the basics (which is something that's uncommon despite all the mod ideas I come up with), and I'm working on learning Java, but hey, mise well throw the idea out here in case anyone is interested in helping, right?

A forge based grief protection mod. Desperately needed.
And yeah, this would be a good idea. Considering what Forge is capable of, something like this would probably be pretty powerful. Hell, it might even stop Avo! :D (so far most anti-griefing measures haven't stopped them)

Do realize that you can't get command blocks in Survival, much less edit them. (Plus that's the kind of stuff that the idea I mentioned would be able to produce, sooo... yeah.)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I am all for not mucking up the rest of the game; that's actually the main reason I won't touch GregTech.

And the concept is less Gregtech-esque and more a sort of magitechnology approach to things- which as far as I know is surprisingly uncommon.

At this rate I might end up making the mod myself, since I already have some surprisingly thorough documentation of the basics (which is something that's uncommon despite all the mod ideas I come up with), and I'm working on learning Java, but hey, mise well throw the idea out here in case anyone is interested in helping, right?

And yeah, this would be a good idea. Considering what Forge is capable of, something like this would probably be pretty powerful. Hell, it might even stop Avo! :D (so far most anti-griefing measures haven't stopped them)

Do realize that you can't get command blocks in Survival, much less edit them. (Plus that's the kind of stuff that the idea I mentioned would be able to produce, sooo... yeah.)

Yah I was talking about old GT when it was just mostly end game stuff. It was kinda fun then.
If it's magictech You might want to consider changing the name from Voi to something like Dirac_sea. Ref: Evangelion. It's a actual scientific term. :D

I'm hopeing you do develop this mod. It sounds fascinating. If you do I might have some ideas/suggestions for you. I don't know if they are all possible but I know a few ideas that would only be they would be suitable for endgame stuff.

Henix_Aurorus

Jul 29, 2019
Yah I was talking about old GT when it was just mostly end game stuff. It was kinda fun then.
If it's magictech You might want to consider changing the name from Voi to something like Dirac_sea. Ref: Evangelion. It's a actual scientific term. :D

I'm hopeing you do develop this mod. It sounds fascinating. If you do I might have some ideas/suggestions for you. I don't know if they are all possible but I know a few ideas that would only be they would be suitable for endgame stuff.
Well, the Voi is the magic component that is then put to use in magitech stuff, so using a name like that makes sense, especially since the intention is it's a physical form of Void. :p

And of course I'm open for ideas (even though I come up with too many on my own). :)

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
A Block ID assigner - it searches for every block/item available and reassigns the ID's. No more conflicts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
A Block ID assigner - it searches for every block/item available and reassigns the ID's. No more conflicts!

We have that it's called minecraft 1.7.
There's also bin mods like that for a while not. I think it was even integrated into forge several MC versions ago.

To be clear as while block ID's haven't bin a problem for a while unless you did something wrong in 1.7 block IDs as numbers will no longer exist. They will be based on words. So stone won't be #01 it'll be minecraft.stone.

Here's what's mentioned in the release info for the 1.7 compatible release of forge.

"Before we get to the nitty gritty one MAJOR change in Forge/FML needs to be rought up.
FML is now in control of the Block and Item registry, and all references to items should be using obects instead of ids.
What does this mean?
Unless a modder extremely derps something up, there should be NO more ID issues, as far as the end modder/user is concered IDs should NOT EXIST at all.
Load a world sent to you by a friend? No problem
Connect to a server? No problem
Add new mods to your pack? No problem
As long as modders don't do something stupid you should never have to see another 'id' in a config ever again."
http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Last edited:

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh ok haven't looked past 1.6.4 since the mod pack I use hasn't past it. Good to know. Tired of fixing conflicts when trying to add new mods. Up to 167 with 3 more suggested.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh ok haven't looked past 1.6.4 since the mod pack I use hasn't past it. Good to know. Tired of fixing conflicts when trying to add new mods. Up to 167 with 3 more suggested.

There's supposed to be a trick to getting Forge to handle that for you. Basically your supposed to add all the mods in at the same time and it's supposed to sort all that out. You would only get conflicts if you add one at a time ore more mods after running the pack once. Or at least that's what I remember hearing.
So start with a fresh empty instance of MD using something like Multy MC. Run it once. Go to eddit mods>version>install forge. Then to Eddit mods loader mods>add. Add in all the mods you want and then you should be good to go.
Unless I'm wrong. :/

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I messed around with some of the ID resolution mods in the past, but personally I never found anything better than just sitting down and taking the time to restart the game after adding each mod, having NEI dump out the block and item IDs automatically upon startup, and doing a file compare in my text editor on those dumps to see if anything overlapped. I knew I could trust the result on a server.

If you want some insight on the improvements to Minecraft though, I expected the switch away from using block IDs to be a massive chore, but my own experience wasn't that bad. The worst part about the entire update to 1.7 for me was figuring out the new tools Forge switched to, if I'm to be honest. Most of the rest of the work was trying to match up function names (which you have to do across some updates anyway, though there were way more this time). A little trickier than that was with certain classes changing some of their methods, and some methods changing their parameters, etc. But I didn't encounter anything mindblowingly difficult.

Dealing with blocks now basically involves comparing if they're the same block class rather than the same block ID value. Same with items. This actually has the advantage of just giving you the block/item class directly, which you need a lot anyway, saving you the step of having to get the ID first and then derive the class from that. The only time this ID-less system was slightly more confusing was when I was working with an ItemBlock class (where you attach a custom item class to a block rather than letting Minecraft create its own item to represent the block), but some brief trial and error figured that out as well.

The end result is that we'll see some mods stop needing a config file altogether now. The downside is that these guys who put a lot of work into making these ID resolution mods will have hit the end of the line. Hopefully they can put their talents into tackling some other issue.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
A mod im thinking of is where you can take a GUI and link it to a certain side of a block. so say you could have a furnace gui on the front, crafting on the top

and a chest on the side. all in one dirt block! im not sure if this could be automated, like if there is a GUI then this will detect it and add it's recipie by seeing

what block (or item) opens the GUI. these would be items that you use on a block and they get used up. I can see problems with energy needing GUI's but this

would be very cool in my opinion! maybe there could be some blocks that look like machine that don't have GUI's so you could use them.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
A mod im thinking of is where you can take a GUI and link it to a certain side of a block. so say you could have a furnace gui on the front, crafting on the top

and a chest on the side. all in one dirt block! im not sure if this could be automated, like if there is a GUI then this will detect it and add it's recipie by seeing

what block (or item) opens the GUI. these would be items that you use on a block and they get used up. I can see problems with energy needing GUI's but this

would be very cool in my opinion! maybe there could be some blocks that look like machine that don't have GUI's so you could use them.

There is a mod like that. It's called emashersmods Engineer's Toolbox. :D

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
nooo I mean you can bind a crafting table GUI to a iron block or any other GUI-less block.
I know about engineers toolbox its a cool mod.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
nooo I mean you can bind a crafting table GUI to a iron block or any other GUI-less block.
I know about engineers toolbox its a cool mod.
One of Chicken Bones' mods, I think Translocators, adds that. You just aim at the block and press C. There's also Super Crafting Frame, which is similar.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
*sigh* I mean that you can bind a GUI to a block so say right click on a lapis block front and you open the furnace gui but the top opens a crafting GUI