So as compensation to all forum users. (Mod Pack Mod List - New Feature Pack)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don_Quijote

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why, but I don't like to automate magic, thats even more wrong than an OP mod...
It would be cool if there where alternatives, like you can advance armor by adding additional plating and you can do the same by magic, but somehow I guess that would lead to some stuff with both on it at the same time, which would be like godmode in the endgame...
Anyway, I wouldn't have a problem with building a manufactory for advanced weapons, armor and tools. Also somehow "sharpen" a pick sounds better then an efficiency enchantment...

sedilis

Jul 29, 2019
I see NEI is in both Direwolf20 pack and Horizions. Is it really not in this or is there another mod that does the same sort of thing?

Also +1 for please putting Mystcraft back in.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A thing that I think is important to have in mind with this pack is that I think most people who have previously played Unleashed/Ultimate deliberately made the choice of Unleashed/Ultimate over the DW20 modpack, because Unleashed/Ultimate basically was DW20 and more(the situation might be that DW20 is a light version of Unleashed/Ultimate, but you get the point).

I have personally played the DW20 pack earlier and liked it very much. It was a well balanced moderate sized pack well suited for moderate servers/computers. And if you had the power for it you could "Upgrade" to Ultimate/Unleashed and get the cool stuff from DW20 and a lot more, and that is exactly what I quite consciously did(and know other people who thought/did the same). And I think that is why so many are a bit baffled that so many mods seems to be missing(although I know its not final list and some mods are not quite done yet). I know its not a very apt measurement but just counting the mods mentioned here and then compare with the DW20 pack, the DW20 pack actually contains more mods.

What I would like to ask is what exactly is the philosophy behind this pack? Previously I(and many others) have been of the impression that Ultimate/Unleashed were meant as the bigger beefier brother of the DW pack for those who could handle him. Is that(or have it actually ever been so?) still the case or has/is this pack based on something else?

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I know Reliquary 1.6 was only released yesterday so I can understand why it wasn't in the pack.
But is there any plans to test it and maybe include it ?[DOUBLEPOST=1386850659][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you tell me a bit more about it? i can't find anything about it on Binnies Forum Thread, Twitter or Webpage.
Is it a world gen bug or a bug when using the machines? If worldgen is ok i could add it and not use it till an updated fixes the machines.

I may be wrong but I think it's a rendering issue with some of his liquids.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I know Reliquary 1.6 was only released yesterday so I can understand why it wasn't in the pack.
But is there any plans to test it and maybe include it ?[DOUBLEPOST=1386850659][/DOUBLEPOST]

I may be wrong but I think it's a rendering issue with some of his liquids.
Not just rendering, with the coke oven you can't even pump into a carpenter, it turns into turpentine. Definately not a render issue

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Really??? Ha that's not what another FTB teem member implied. Ah, well I certainly feel better knowing that someone is actually looking at it.
I think you for that and keep up the good work. :D

Stands to reason that someone on the Mod Pack team would be notified about additions to Mod Pack discussions. Was that "Other Team Member" on the Mod Pack team?

Just asking. They may have been on the Wiki or some other team.

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else think Lycanite's Mobs seems a little out of place? It's not that it's a bad mod or anything. I haven't played with it yet so I wouldn't know for sure how fun it is from a combat standpoint. It just seems weird to have a bunch of random HD textured Doom mobs and such things wandering around the world of Minecraft. It's a niche mod, to be sure, but that's not an issue. The issue is that it seems completely out of place with everything else in the mod pack.

EDIT: It does fit the pack's title (Monster) pretty well, but that's about it. I wonder if that's why they added it? Still a bizarre addition regardless, though.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does anyone else think Lycanite's Mobs seems a little out of place? It's not that it's a bad mod or anything. I haven't played with it yet so I wouldn't know for sure how fun it is from a combat standpoint. It just seems weird to have a bunch of random HD textured Doom mobs and such things wandering around the world of Minecraft. It's a niche mod, to be sure, but that's not an issue. The issue is that it seems completely out of place with everything else in the mod pack.

EDIT: It does fit the pack's title (Monster) pretty well, but that's about it. I wonder if that's why they added it? Still a bizarre addition regardless, though.
Yeah I must admit I kinda found that odd too. Its most likely a mod that I would disable(I haven't tried it yet, but really don't think that more hostile mobs are going to improve my gaming experience, after all I spend great deal of effort and resources on limiting the already existing mobs in Unleashed).

If I felt more mobs were needed, then these aren't really the kind I would choose first. They seem much more suited for an adventure/horror pack. One of the reasons I would love to hear what the main philosophy of the monster modpack is. Horizons is pretty clear and DW20 is still doing pretty much the same with a few new additions.

Also if Blood magic was chosen to be disabled as default in modpacks due to its graphic/suggestive nature, shouldn't this as well?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

they seem like they come directly from half life 1

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What I would like to ask is what exactly is the philosophy behind this pack? Previously I(and many others) have been of the impression that Ultimate/Unleashed were meant as the bigger beefier brother of the DW pack for those who could handle him. Is that(or have it actually ever been so?) still the case or has/is this pack based on something else?
What the "main" FTB pack is has nothing to do with the DW20 pack. The mod list in the DW20 pack is entirely up to Direwolf20, and if he wanted every single mod that FTB can possibly get to work to go in his pack, even more than the "main" FTB pack, then that's up to him. Saying "the main pack must have more mods than that other person's pack" isa little silly. It will have as many mods as the FTB people think can be made to work well together and provide a fun (I won't say "balanced", 'cos, you know) experience.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What the "main" FTB pack is has nothing to do with the DW20 pack. The mod list in the DW20 pack is entirely up to Direwolf20, and if he wanted every single mod that FTB can possibly get to work to go in his pack, even more than the "main" FTB pack, then that's up to him. Saying "the main pack must have more mods than that other person's pack" isa little silly. It will have as many mods as the FTB people think can be made to work well together and provide a fun (I won't say "balanced", 'cos, you know) experience.
Yes I totally agree. But that doesn't change that it seems to be the impression of Ultimate/Unleashed that people got when comparing them with the DW20. I don't recall that there was any mods in the DW20 packs that wasn't also in the Ultimate/Unleashed packs. So it is quite understandable that people(myself included) got the impression that Ultimate/Unleashed was aimed to expand on the DW pack. After all it was the same mods AND more.

I am not saying that FTB should make this pack in one way or the other. I would just like to know what exactly is the aim for the pack? Like Horizon is the showroom for new stuff, Tech/Magic world is all things tech/magic, DW20 is what DW20 chooses(used to be a somewhat moderate but balanced selection). Which role does Monster fill?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Stands to reason that someone on the Mod Pack team would be notified about additions to Mod Pack discussions. Was that "Other Team Member" on the Mod Pack team?

Just asking. They may have been on the Wiki or some other team.

That person was definitely on the mod pack team. But I won't say who. Even if I has such bad manners I have no proof. I don't even remember where I heard or read it.[DOUBLEPOST=1386876565][/DOUBLEPOST]
:mad: "Prodding" a mod dev is never acceptable.

Except as joke as the slimy face was intended to indicate.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why, but I don't like to automate magic, thats even more wrong than an OP mod...
It would be cool if there where alternatives, like you can advance armor by adding additional plating and you can do the same by magic, but somehow I guess that would lead to some stuff with both on it at the same time, which would be like godmode in the endgame...
Anyway, I wouldn't have a problem with building a manufactory for advanced weapons, armor and tools. Also somehow "sharpen" a pick sounds better then an efficiency enchantment...

Tinkerers construct basically douse all of this. Though the armor bit is still in development.[DOUBLEPOST=1386876817][/DOUBLEPOST]

Slow has mentioned that the main pack that they are testing is in alpha development. And that the mod lists aren't fixed.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I might be wrong but doesn't Ender Storage offer that smart nether pump that chunkloads only what it needs and replaces lava with stone?
I'd think server owners would definitely want that.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
I might be wrong but doesn't Ender Storage offer that smart nether pump that chunkloads only what it needs and replaces lava with stone?
I'd think server owners would definitely want that.
That would be Extra Utilities.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Except as joke as the slimy face was intended to indicate.
I don't think it's something that people should joke about. Too many people really do seem to think that mod devs are just there to serve our every whim. So it's like joking about racism or sexism or something like that - it's a dangerous thing to do, because it is too close to reality for comfort. And yeah, I do accept that it is possible to joke about racism and sexism, but it isn't easy to pull off.

cheezytacos

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be really cool to have ars magica and magical crops. The pam's harvestcraft would be very excellent as well. I think automation in every single food product would be brilliant. All the brocoli, pineapples, cucumbers, ect. turning into salads, soup, meals and such. :D
Could crops in pams and agriculture be automated with MFR?

Status
Not open for further replies.