Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I hate standing on the fabric of reality... always scared I'll be lost to the void..
It's very unnerving. But going into a few pocket dims like Saice's makes it rather peaceful. I doubt I could build there myself but I gladly visit others.

Bring a bucket of water and you can use that to test if it is safe.

And also not the fabric is only inside the little box a pocket dim has. It is literally imposable to fall out of your own self made pocket dim. If you mine out all the fabric you will hit these dimly glowing walls. It is only if you breach them that there is any risk.

Boss the only reason there from fabric outside of the box on the pocket dim of mine you visited was because I put it there. Once you break out of the box they give you the rest is perty much the same as a myscrft void age. Chunks and Chunks of nothing. The only blocks you can find outside of your safety box is clouds and that's only because we have a mod that ads them.

Reactions: RedBoss and dgdas9

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with people that feel uneasy when watching / standing on fabric of reality. But even though, I think using pure blackness as texture is a very nice technique the author of DimDoors successful used in his mod. It definitely makes things scarier. Add in the newly added Monolith-Eyes and you have yourself a HECK of a scary room to enter. I was even a bit scared to enter my very own pocket dimension (after the update with Monoliths) thinking "What if those .. eyes can spawn in my pocket now, too?". ^^ So all in all, big kudos to stevenrs11 for his Dimensional Doors. From the traps, the setting and then pulling it all off as one matching package, this is one true gem of a mod.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
My only issue with Dim Doors is how it does the dim creation. For servers it can run away really fast much like Mystcraft. It would be nice if there was someway to automatically remove unused dims. Like if there is no doors or portals left to a dim it would self delete. Or if the dungeon dims self deleted after a time with no visitors.

I know I most of created at least 100+ of them while exploring the DimDoor world portals.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not really anything to update. Ive been having some bad migraines which cuts into play time for me.

Also got Mars War logs on steam been doing that on and off.

Right now on the ship I'm re-doing my AE setup and Machine room. Took it all down and making it a bit nicer. Think I will do a little bit of automation on deck two for stuff like ore processing.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So migraines have me hosed so I turned down the lights and dimmed my monitor and derpped trying to upgrade my build.

It started out simple enough. Lets rip out the TE wall of machines and move AE over there... then maybe get some automation in place.

AE Upgrades by Saice, on Flickr

Yeah that how all projects start... this is be easy. Not so much.

because I know these things have a tendency to expand I figured we should start out with a decent size. 9x7x6

Then came the problem of making all the heat vents.

Then 20 Crafting CPUs because I'll never be fully automated as I'm not a fan of that but 21 crafting steps every 3 ticks will be more then I should ever need.

Then I had to make a lot of processors for the pattern system. There is 120 spaces left in the ME Crafting cube of death so I might as well fill that up now.

Button it up and there it is.

A little more dicking around with the engineering room and a set of switches and pressure plate so I can toggle the system on and off and turn off the crafting system when I don't need it and I'm good.

Later I'll work on the processing automation.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
o_O how much power does that need lolz and 6480 recipes sounds a little overkill indeed xD

Holland says hi!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
o_O how much power does that need lolz and 6480 recipes sounds a little overkill indeed xD

Holland says hi!

less then 200 units/t my original storage setup in my cargo bay used more.

I have it on a remote switch so it is only active when I need it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
survival of the shoopist

Yeah I need to get some basic stuff added to it. I'm kind of in an odd mood at the moment. Been doing a lot of Warframe and BL2 recently want to finish the BL2 DLCs so i'm going to be working on that probly the next few days.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Yeah I need to get some basic stuff added to it. I'm kind of in an odd mood at the moment. Been doing a lot of Warframe and BL2 recently want to finish the BL2 DLCs so i'm going to be working on that probly the next few days.

Borderlands 2? If so, steam name? I can help, I am lvl. 29 ATM.