Shoop Resonant Rise [Ended 7/21/13]

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
One question.. How did you guys get on the Resonant Rise server and get the modpack? I though it was private. :/

you have to be invited by dave and he only picks people himself. you can get it on the g+ group but some assembly is required.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
We need a void age first.

No you don't really.

A DimDoor and some ender pearls will get you a void as big as you want. You will just need to clear out some clouds.[DOUBLEPOST=1373601216][/DOUBLEPOST]
Because, that'd be far too logical. And besides, you can see the sun and stuff in Saice's pocket dimension, and I want the spaceship to be DEEP SPACE. Which means no sun, no moon, nothing. Just stars.

you only see that if your are at 198Y or higher just drop down a little and the skybox gets covered in black.[DOUBLEPOST=1373601415][/DOUBLEPOST]here is what you see from 17y

2013-07-11_23.54.33 by Saice, on Flickr

Reactions: fergcraft

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I think Saice should do adventure maps. I bet they'd be really neat and novel.

I did make an adventure map tool once and started one of my own. But that was over a year ago and I never got vary fair.

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1706

Problem with adventure maps I would run into is the limits of vanilla and the problem with a modded map is maintaining a functional modpack/config since some of the mods out there is is hard to retain a version after the dev has moved on since no all of them keep large archives.

But I have debated getting back into it. I'm a huge fan of the old school dungeon crawl and with the adventure game mode now making a map that people will not just tunnel through is actually possible.

Reactions: fergcraft

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I did make an adventure map tool once and started one of my own. But that was over a year ago and I never got vary fair.

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1706

Problem with adventure maps I would run into is the limits of vanilla and the problem with a modded map is maintaining a functional modpack/config since some of the mods out there is is hard to retain a version after the dev has moved on since no all of them keep large archives.

But I have debated getting back into it. I'm a huge fan of the old school dungeon crawl and with the adventure game mode now making a map that people will not just tunnel through is actually possible.

That and even with help from other people they tend to be a fairly large undertaking to make a decent one but if you do I would be willing to help but even help has it's drawbacks since the only person that truely knows what they want is the creator.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Limbo has too many monoliths and not enough permanence of whatever objects you place down.
The End... no.

And it's too dark right?
I suppose we could do it in our pocketdim but that seems kinda weird to me. I don't really like pocketdims because they're creepy.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
And it's too dark right?
I suppose we could do it in our pocketdim but that seems kinda weird to me. I don't really like pocketdims because they're creepy.

I can see that. But seeing as dave has mystcraft locked down at the moment it really is the only other option.

Or you can ask dave realy nicely to make a void dim for you.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I hate standing on the fabric of reality... always scared I'll be lost to the void..
It's very unnerving. But going into a few pocket dims like Saice's makes it rather peaceful. I doubt I could build there myself but I gladly visit others.