School For RolePlay

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
IC: I sit on my bed reading a book on arcanism, Skrillex blasting from the stereo. Zan peers in, his face dripping with cleanser.

"What," I say slowly, "was that?"

"I don't know," says Zan, "I just... I slept, and I woke up, but... I didn't. I saw myself and I went to your room, and... I don't know. I just went into you. I can't really describe it."

"Huh... Okay. Can you hear something?l"

Zan squints, trying to concentrate. A low, bubbly, rumbling growl echoes through the camp. A squelching sound goes past our teepee. I look out quietly to see a huge man-shaped lump of black, scarred flesh covered in deep purple, veiny tendrils. It has two black, jagged blades protruding from each of its lumpy hands. It turns around to look at me. It's face... I can barely call it a face. It has one purple eye and no other features but diseased black meat and tainted veins. It cocks its head curiously. I back away, shadows raised, and it charges at me.

I duck as it swipes at me, and run, screaming "MONSTER! BIG VEINY PURPLE MONSTER CHASING AFTER ME! SOUND THE ALARM!" Everyone comes out and makes various noises of shock and terror. The only person that immediately runs to my aid is the bearded man I talked to at dinner. He throws a punch into the monster's groin, and actually punches through it. His hand comes out covered in purple goo and black slimy strands. The monster roars, wrenching its mouth open to display a disgusting tentacled mess, and grabs him by the head and tears it away from his body in one not-so-clean tug. It drops him and lumbers towards me. I throw shadow dagger after shadow dagger, trying to sever its head. It slashes my chest and advances. It looks like it's going to be the end. Death. Demise. Kaput.

And then, Elijah jumps on the monster's back and wraps an arm around its veiny throat. It gurgles and shakes about, spinning Elijah around to its front. He scrabbles to get something out of his belt, and finally removes a dagger. He plunges it into the monster's neck, severing what seems to be its jugular vein. It shrieks and flails around in a last ditch attempt to kill Elijah. The monster falls to the ground, twisted in a strange position that stops me from seeing Elijah. I run towards it and push it on to its side. The monster's claw has stabbed through his cheek down until it punches out through his neck.

"No..." I whisper, "no. No, no, no, NO, NO!" Tears start streaming down my face. I look desperately at Zan. He looks back.

"We need to go," I say quietly, "now."

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
I lunge forward a wall forming between the monster and us "no I can't leave this here! Go through the portal" a large gates land about 100m behind him, it goes to the North Pole get everyone there"
"Zan you can't do this!" I push him away as the wall is torn down I stare at it, "you were a man once..." I fling rocks at it but the just pass through then I recall what I learnt, -inside his head- "you must heal the spirit to heal the vessel" I pull water from the canisters and the lake it starts to twist around the tainted human until it reaches the top then the monster starts to float my eyes and hands glow the water starts to turn gold as does the taint the man falls to the floor coughing Felix runs over to me as I fall to my knees then onto the ground "wake me up sometime..."I fall asleep

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
IC: I'm already walking away when Aaron runs up to me.

"Where are you going?" he says.

"Away. Away from all of this. I don't want to see another friend die. Two, Aaron. Two friends, good honourable people just trying to find a home. Two died within a minute of each other. I won't see this again. I need my own home. Somewhere safe, secure, somewhere that feels livable. I'm going to the only place I feel safe. The only place I can keep myself willing to live."

I stop, close my eyes and think of home. The shadows swirl around me, and some light pulls away from Aaron towards me. Aaron taps two fingers to his temple as a salute.

"Good luck, friend." He says, sounding older, more mature. Experienced. I smile as my body dissipates into dark mist.

The smoky haze settled on a soft surface, and took the shape of a boy, fifteen of age, dark eyes, long hair. He wore a black suit and tie with a red shirt and a black fedora. The hat had a red bow. The boy's thin lips formed a smile as he saw his true home.

And so he spoke to it, quietly, softly, with the good memories of his home flooding his mind.

"Hello, Deomi," said Felix.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
Byrne walked into the pillar. There was a small cavern there, that no doubt once contained a body, but that had now been degraded to a skeleton, if not more so. Burying the body in the ice, Byrne ran his hand over the console that lay in front of him. As it lit up, Byrne turned a dial on the front. Moments later, this was followed by a loud grinding noise that echoed across the arctic circle, upon which the spire sank below the sheet of ice and vanished. In suburban London, an obsidian spire dropped out of the sky. It vanished as quickly as it appeared, hovering above stonehenge, to be invisible to all but those who knew that it was there, and those people were few and far between. Byrne stepped out of the alleyway, surprisingly clean. Taking off his helmet, Byrne popped it back into the satchel, and walked off, to be absorbed in the smoke of London, and the morning commute.

Shockwave

Jul 29, 2019
Lewis:
L: "We are now entering Canada!"
I turn round at the sound of the voice
F: "Hello Deomi"
D: "FELIX!!! Oh my god, where have you been?"
L: "Guys, save the stories for later we've got trouble"
About twenty large black veiny eagles come swooping towards us, covered in purple strings
I fire an energy ball towards the oncoming bird. It explodes in a massive ball of purple goo. As we near the ground the eagle double in number, and I notice its not just eagles. The land is swarming both black monsters of all shapes and sizes

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Aaron walked around the camp, finding nothing but devastation from the monster. Some people he could save with his powers, but most were beyond that, and he simply blessed them, and helped them on their way. He was made tired by the exertion of healing, and depressed by those he could not save. He needed rest, badly, but he needed help to finish up healing and blessing.
A girl, his age, walked up to him.
"Hey there. You need some help with that?"
"Sure, thanks."
He caught a glint in her eye, but she quickly walked away, healing a man with a gash in his side.
"What's your name?"
"Eyri."
"I'm Aaron. It's good to meet you."
She smiled, and, he noticed, beautifully so. Oh god, he was starting to like her. He began to panic inside, he was never good with girls. He needed Felix, but he was gone back to the others.
She turned back to him, and those worries evaporated as she smiled at him, and they embraced, and kissed.

OOC: Well if Lewis can love Maddie in a second, SO CAN AARON DO SO WITH EYRI.

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
It fly over to Aaron "you have a crush" I giggle a little in a gay way "don't worry about the ones you can't save; you can't always win..." I push y hand against his chest "stop your exhausted!" I push two fingers to his head the magic flows through him "magic is like blood, the more you do, well you don't want to find out" I push the magic around him acting as a heart pushing more into him"there you go" I wink at him

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
IC:
G
Oh, God. The monsters. The hundreds and hundreds of veiny black monsters. Lewis opens a rift in the sky, bigger than usual, and I see the skull of a gigantic horrifying horned beast come through, followed by a massive long rib cage with no limbs attached, and finally a tapering, whip-like tail, all skeletal and bony. It's huge. Really, really huge. Like, bigger than Godzilla. It's the size of a town at best.

It reaches the ground and practically inhales the monsters like air. Then, the purple ground grows into tentacles and wraps around it, pinning it to the ground. It grows flesh, which immediately scars and goes diseased. It flails about until the the tendrils completely cover it.

Minutes pass. Five. Six. The tendrils snap. The serpent rises up to our level. Its glowing violet eyes look deep into our souls it opens its messy, tentacled mouth and roars, throwing red-hot tainted saliva in our faces.

We fly.

The serpent is right behind us. It snaps and bellows, nearly blowing my ears out many times. I throw shadows at it, but they don't seem to do anything. It nearly swallows us, but Deomi gives the eagle a boost of speed. I look to the right. The hippogriff is dipping a bit. Lewis looks ill. I see John giving him some encouragement. I'm confused.

Then, an agonised shriek echoes through the land. The serpent falls to the ground and the air rattles. We land in a green patch of forest, where I go to see Lewis. He's lying on the ground, out cold with a nosebleed. A little vomit is dribbling from his mouth as well.

"What happened?" I ask.

"He got a parasite in the creature's brain," John replies, "he's never summoned this much before. He'll be out for a while. We'd best get him somewhere safe."