School For RolePlay

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
This is a role play. If you don't like role plays, please don't yell, leave :). With that being said, here's the details.

Rules:
DON'Ts
  • Godmod and or create a character profile identical to that of a Mary Sue. It's not cool, and just ruins the RP. If I feel you're godmodding or becoming a Mary Sue, I'll nicely PM you to avoid awkwardness in the thread.
  • Make sentence long posts. Everything should be at least a short paragraph.
  • Have more than two characters at one time.
  • Make posts in the likeness of "Bellaabzug21 dies and Jesus takes over the universe destroying bobmaleyia!" Quite similar to godmodding. How did Jesus kill me and then take over the universe and destroy bobmarleyia?
  • Correct others on their spelling in an obnoxious fashion.
That's it! Now on to the fun part.

DOs
  • Reference other book series, tv shows, stories, creepypastas, youtube videos, podcasts. I know I will :)
  • Look into what other players reference. How else are you supposed to understand it?
  • All Characters must start off in the containment center.
  • Correct others on their spelling in a nice fashion.
  • Use OOC: It helps people know that it's you saying something and not your character.
  • Use quotes so people know who you're talking it. It also helps people know you want to talk to them.
  • Give yourself an awesome power! It's actually required. You don't have to tell us right away, but it should happen eventually.
  • Abide by all other forum rules.
  • One must be captured and placed in quarantine. Nobody comes in on their own accord.
  • When agents of the society/institution refer to you, they will call you by number.
  • Have fun!
That's it!
Character form (How else are we supposed to know about you?)
Name:
Personality:
Important Experiences: I.E. Rape, murder attempts either on someone or against the character, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.
How they got to the institution:

Plot:
You have arrived at a place called the institution. You are in sector 1 containment. The people running the institution want you because of your power(or because they think you have a power in the case you haven't revealed it yet.).

Info on the institution:

There are 13 sectors of the institution, currently you only know about 4. They are as follows.

Sector 1: Containment, generally serves to contain things to dangerous for humanity or to store things that are deemed to dangerous to be in the hands of humanity.

Sector 2: Experimentation, this is where the first atom was split 100 years before the disaster at Hiroshima.

Sector 3: The School, this is where you shall be spending most of your time. Learning how to control your power or figuring out what it is.

Sector 4: Elimination, this is where the things that are kept in Sector 1 have people attempting to destroy them for the greater good of humanity.

Well, that's about it. I can't really think of anything else I should include in the OP. If there's anything you think I should add, just ask. Remember, all characters must start out in a containment cell.

Edit: Well shit, I named it wrong. It was supposed to be the institution RolePlay... A namechange would be really nice right about now.

Last edited:

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
GPuzzle:
Name: Jim O'Riley

Power: Will have visions periodically, showing what a person at his will is seeing currently. He can only see the left eye, and his left eye won't be able to see anything until the vision has ended.
Experiences: He is looking for his girlfriend, Sally, and it seems that she is somewhere in the Sector 7 of the Institution. He also has 4 personalities named Roger, Pete, John and Keith who allow him to see an idea through 4 different views. If Roger, Pete, John and Keith all agree, Jim will agree with their decision. He's also an excellent hacker and coder.

How did he get in the institution: Incident involving Dr Pepper, nachos, a cardboard box, Sally, headphones and a weirdly familiar interdimensional portal in his pocket. Let's just say stuff didn't end well.

TheWindMillMan:
Name: Marvin Varlow --goes by Varlow most of the time.
Power: Fusion. he posesses the ability to 'absorb' things about those he has killed. this is a very tricky thing, as it can only be one physical aspect, and the process is and takes about 1 hour to finish. this is further limited by a total of 4 absorptions. he can 'shed' one to make room for another if need be. so far he has: 1) claws and sharper teeth from some kind of big cat. 2) agility from a monkey. 3) somehow, he "killed" a mech made of an extemely hard alloy and was able to integrate some metal into his skin. most of the density was concentrated around his hands and feet though, so the rest of him is still vulnerable to most things. 4) a bat. being able to locate prey using sound is useful.
Personality: flippant of authority, he has little respect for anyone with power. he enjoys fighting, violent, savage fighting.
Important Experiences: he is a mercenary with rising infamy. he has no preferences for who hires him, but likes jobs that allow him to engage in bloodshed. his rising infamy got him noticed very fast as someone with strange abilities.

the_j485
Name: Thanatos.
Power: Anyone My Blade touches, dies. And I cannot lose my blade.
Personality: Can be a bit vengeful, but sometimes forgiving.
Important experiences: Being worshipped as a god on earth for a while.
How they bladeblah:
Got kidnapped for their interesting power, and skill with a scythe.
(My guy is basically an adaptation of greek legend)
Number: 2866

Name: Aaron Brookes.
Powers: Luminomancy. Controls light and heals the living.
Personality: Normally fairly light and happy.
Other stuff: his mortal enemy is Felix, the necromancer, as Felix killed his sister. He periodically has mind screw-ups where he sees someone as Felix, or he just curls up and cries. His aim in life is to kill Felix, currently.
Number: 2972
Name:Harry O'reilly
Power:Can TP to anywhere he sees, and can also make things blow up by looking at them. This ability has a fifteen minute cooldown period and can not blow up anything stronger than concrete.
Personality: Fairly nice(ish) guy, quiet, but don't stare at him, he might stare back!
Important Experiences: Got beat up at school all the time, until when he developed his powers, he accidentally blew up the school, and he blinked away, and sometimes, the faces of the few friends he had haunt him at random times, and he just buries his head in his hands, before he blows something else up.
How they got to the institution: accidentally blinked there when he blinked to a bird, then had to blink to the ground.
Number: 1995

WizzBall
Name: Will Treaty
Power: Charmspeak, and the power to control water. I'm a Master Negotiator and really good with a bow, knives, and basically everything that Will Treaty from Ranger's Apprentice can do. Oh yeah, more book lore.
Personality: Joyful and Sly.
How did I get to the Institution: I was stolen out of Redmont Fief in Araluen and brought over to the present. I'm still currently getting accustomed to all the technology in the present. Child of Aphrodite.
Number:2389

Technician

Name: Mark Simeon
Powers: He has some form of drug control. Touching someone allows him to essentially make someone get, uh... high. He cannot control this. Also his bodily fluids may or may not be pretty much druggy. (This may be able to extend to healing people or what." Currently it's pretty much only "negative" drugs such as Marijuana, cocaine, LSD, etc..
Personality: Keeps to himself because everyone he touches gets high or starts tripping balls. He is usually outgoing.
Important shizzle: Nothin' much yo.
Number:2386

Name: Thomas Bittles
Power: Body manipulation and superhuman strength.
Personality: Thomas is a bold and loud hero, often wrong with a temper.
Important stuffz: Thomas was often a bully in school, and standing up to him earned you a swift beat down, until, at fourteen, a kid shot him in the head. The next morning he was found in an alley, and coughed up the bullet, somehow. He later got hit on his bike, and was hit by a semi. Later on, his arm was broken in a bar and stuck out his skin. He somehow made the bone fell out and using it, he shanked the guy that broke it. That brought the atten.
Number: 2652

Bellaa

Name: Namiasdf
Power: Can consume an enormous amount food and never gain weight. Scientific and mathematical aptitude; nothing is too complicated to understand. (Except for humans and other creatures)
Personality: Robotic, boring, monotone
Important Experiences: Discovered every scientific/mathematical discovery on his own before, presently and after they were found. With negative age, time is no factor.
Why is he here: One day, while playing with his homemade particle accelerator, discovered the Higgs Boson by accident, created a mini-black hole which happened to remove his hometown (unknown) off the face of the planet. He was left behind with nothing more than his tighty whiteys and a notebook containing random calculus equations and FTB calculations, organized in such a way that it appeared to be artistic (but not really).
The instant that the mini-black hole appeared, the rip in space-time caused his otherwise negative age to turn positive, giving him a tangible and real existence in the same dimension that the institution operates in.
His age reverted back to negative within one billionth of a pico-second of the mini-black hole collapsing, but that was all the institution needed. In that instant he was captured and placed in a timeless vacuum with interdimensional properties. He is now fed random problems that could lead to astounding technological advances. His only demand, food, lots of food.
Number:2449

dgdas:
Name: John K.
Power: Can create fire on his hands.
Personality: Very rude.
Important Experiences: When 10, he discovered his power. He's parents died in that day, due to the fire he created
How he got to the institution: While escaping another innsitute, he randomly appeared there, he doesn't really knows how.

Number: 2991

Name: Deomi (dee oh mee)Jonson
Power: She can "body swap" for 20 seconds with someone elwe. While swapped the brain will move the other person's body when trying to move his own. She can also see small memorys of the person she's swapping with. Also, she's as pretty as hell, most boys will do as she says.
Personality: Generaly nice to everyone
Important Experiences: She had 26 boyfriends so far. With them she learnt how to controll both powers.
How they got to the institution: While swapping with her last boyfriend, she saw the institution's building and a way to get there. She got there and knocked.
Number: 2554

Rymmie:
Name: Marshall Sanchez
Power: He can see the future. But only the future of his own life, and only in 30 second segments. He also can't control the exact time he sees, so he has to guess how long he has before his visions come true.
Personality: Depressed. He knows what will happen to him, but he doesn't know when so he mostly just sits and waits until the visions come true.
Important experience: He knows that he will die in a fire, but the 30 second vision was only of him burning to death. He couldn't see anything except the flames and smoke.
Why is he here: The Institute hopes to find a way to harness his visions to affect the future.
Number:2987

Name: Layla Carter

Power: Layla is blind to visible light, but she has developed the ability to sense magnetic fields in response. She experiences most civilization through the fields created by electrical wiring and radio waves(everything from radio waves to gamma rays are part of the electromagnetic spectrum). Her power is essentially the ability to see the lower parts of the EM spectrum. In the absence of normal EM fields, she can "echolocate" by producing a weak magnetic field that will give her snapshot glimpse of the world around her.

Personality: She is a normally happy person. She doesn't use a cane, but she always wears sunglasses since she can't see visible light. She wants to be a girly girl, but her lack of sight makes it difficult to be a fashionista or wear makeup. This can be a source of frustration for her.

Important Experiences: Layla is the daughter of a hellfire-and-damnation preacher who used corporal punishment liberally. She has never trusted men as a result. She has tried to break free of the dogma, but she still sees special powers or abilities as the result of demonic activity. She harbors a great deal of self-loathing because of her ability.

How She Got to the Institute: Layla put her ability to use as a bug-sniffer for a Mafioso in Chicago. The Institute had originally been investigating one of the Mafia enforcers who seemed to have superhuman strength, but her ability to find and destroy the bugs and cameras they had planted brought her to their attention. They captured her when the extent of her ability became clear.

Number: 2911

NosePicker:
Name:Norman Farahmand
Power:Any liquid can come out of my nose, and it's invisible .* THE NOSE IS, NOT ME
Personality:If someone doesn't scratch my nose every day, i blow up a 10 meter sized hole in the ground. Doesn't matter the material.
Important Experiences: Thanatos only knows how to scratch it
How they got to the institution:Kidnapped
Number: 2988

Jess:
Name:T. Harbarker
Power: Very Mild-hypnosis/mind control. Think Jedi mind tricks. Important to note it doesn't work over video, and it's often passed off as luck. Also fully immune to mind-control.
Personality:Jovial, Smug, a bit of an asshole. Wears a tin hat and sneers alot.
Important Experiences: The ability was only discovered when T. H. tried to sway a person's mind over Skype. It was the first time it didn't work, and thus the first time the guy became aware of his power. Also won the lottory, completely legitly, before karma kicked his ass and sucked him into the institute.
Number:2386

Name:H. Newman
Power: Can boost any power to the max, for 15 minutes. That includes his own muscles, giving him superhuman strength in bursts. Often results in a whiplash though.
Personality:Introverted, shy, distrustful
Important Experiences: Lived his life online since he was 12, mostly hanging out in the "odd" forums, but has a ridiculous amount of trivia-type knowledge.
Number:2385
Exedra:
Name: James Martin
Power: Able to create low voltage electrical strikes, and slow time for 5 seconds with 60 sec cool down.
Personality: Generally cheerful, and somewhat obnoxious
Important Experiences: Attempted to murder school deputy
How they got to the institution: People noticed him bending time.
Number:2596
Omegatron:
Name: Ian Ferno
Power: Constantly emits a single frequency of electromagnetic radiation from his skin. The frequency and intensity vary apparently randomly but the intensity is always fairly high. He is transparent to the frequency he is currently emitting. Where the energy for this comes from is undetermined.
Personality: Quiet and has poor social skills. Jumpy and easily scared. Very close to his family.
Important experiences: Lived a mostly uneventful life. Had some trouble early on at school with other people due to his small number of friends.
Was on holiday alone when his powers activated for the first time late at night. After a brief period of panic he drove to a nearby hospital and the doctors there puzzled over him. The next morning agents from the institution arrived and he was taken to the institution, which he was told was dedicated to special cases such as his.

Number: 2998

Neilex:

Name: Neilex
Power: (Character doesn't know yet but OOC manipulating atoms to create things 'out of thin air'), Regenerative skin (like Wolverine or Hulk)
Personality: Shy, doesn't talk much (when he does, people are amazed), bullied all his life.
Important Experiences: Beat up when he was in 5th grade. Fell in love Senior year at high school. First kiss @ 18. Moved around a lot as a kid.
How they got to the institution: Everywhere he's been, there's been an anomaly and so some guys took him to the institute to do some tests.
*also, he can only activate his power (at the moment) when he is under extreme pressure.
Number: 2002

Ghrim
Name: John Sparrow-Hawk
Power: Move up to 4 metric tons of weight with his mind
Personality: Intelligent, egotistical, indecisive, witty, hard working
Important Experiences: Family got killed by John before he could control his powers and arm ripped of by powers replaced by a cybernetic limb
How they got to the institution: Murdered family

Number: 2006

DarkLord
Name:Zan
Power:He has the abilty to control neturons and electrons and cause electrons.
Personality:excitable he is either extremely happy or extremely sad maybe its something to do with positve and negatives
Important Experiences: He was wondering why his laptop was always running out of power so somehow he made it turn on without being plugged in he then used it it sent a feedback to the closet substation which destroyed it, they traced it back to his house and could not find any equipment to do such a thing.
How they got to the institution:He was captured the next day as they thought it was a attack on the national power grid. The institution took him from the prison to test him.

Number: 2005

ThatsAPadding
Name: Felix Dessin
Personality: Talkative, snide and gleefully sadistic. I enjoy scaring the living shit out of my victims.
Power: Necromancy. I can summon shadows to be my weapons, and can raise the dead to do my bidding.
Important events: At age 12, I woke up with a black stone sewn into my sleeve. I transferred it into my favourite suit and used the powers it gave me for my own deeds. At age 13, I broke into the staff room of my school with shadows curling around my hand and looked for my year 7 maths teacher. I didn't want to leave any cuts, so I used my shadows to sever one of the pipes above his head. Crack.

How I got here yadda yadda: I was caught by an undercover worker while on an admittedly illegal nightclub bender.
Number:2004

Zeek21:
Number: 2340
Name: Arzoth
Power : Animal morph, Can change into, wolf, bear, hawk and snake
Personality: Shy, Cautious, protective, easily annoyed and aggervated
Important Experiences: Witnessed families death, Normal humans hated people with his power so in attempt to kill him they murdered his family.
How they got to the institution: Was caught after taking revenge, and developed Multiple personality disorder. 3 personalities, 1. Constant rage/anger 2. cautious/extremely shy. tends to stay away from people. 3. peaceful, acts like nothing happens. Rarely seen. Personality shows the most is rage/anger almost completely insane. will even talk to himself at times.

Name: Kaladin (Male)
Power: Conjuring, can make most objects (Think of the conjuring spell from skyrim where you can get a conjured sword.) Same effect but i can make more then just weapons.
Personality:Quick thinker, passionate, care free, devious at times.
Important Experiences: Be came an apprentice to mage that no one knew. the mage was a expert in conjuring magic so Kaladin learned and became a master as well.
How they got to the institution: Kaladin was being watched. Even though he used his conjuring magic as a magician. There were people who had an interest in Kaladin's magic and realized he was special. Soon he had people at his house knocking him out, and he waking up in a cell.
Number: 2816

Nagotasum:
Name: Dolor Cresco
Power: Can cause any amount of pain to anyone she is touching.
Personality: Energetic, friendly, playful, clumsy and is really nice when calm but gets angry often.
Important Experiences: Was orphaned at the age of 3 when her father sent her away when Institution agents tried to claim her mother's situation was unknown and no name or file can be tailored to her or her family.
How they got to the institution: She had been chased her entire life but she managed to avoid them until she got captured in a small town based in greenland.

Last edited:
Reactions: Technician

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
How they bladeblah: EDIT: Got kidnapped for their interesting power, and skill with a scythe.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
How they bladeblah: Paid their way in in gold Drachma.

Ummmmmmm, alright. Just made an amendment to the rules that should change that last part about paying your way in.

It's this here in case you can't find it:

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Power: Can consume an enormous amount food and never gain weight. Scientific and mathematical aptitude; nothing is too complicated to understand. (Except for humans and other creatures)
Important Experiences: Discovered every scientific/mathematical discovery on his own before, presently and after they were found. With negative age, time is no factor.
Why is he here: One day, while playing with his homemade particle accelerator, discovered the Higgs Boson by accident, created a mini-black hole which happened to remove his hometown (unknown) off the face of the planet. He was left behind with nothing more than his tighty whiteys and a notebook containing random calculus equations and FTB calculations, organized in such a way that it appeared to be artistic (but not really).

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: As long as Rymmie doesn't come in with his odd Multiverse stuff, I will not be able to be OP.
So here you go!
IC:
Power: Charmspeak, and the power to control water. I'm a Master Negotiator and really good with a bow, knives, and basically everything that Will Treaty from Ranger's Apprentice can do. Oh yeah, more book lore.
How did I get to the Institution: I was stolen out of Redmont Fief in Araluen and brought over to the present. I'm still currently getting accustomed to all the technology in the present.
OOC: I'll be back in an hour or two.

Reactions: the_j485

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: As long as Rymmie doesn't come in with his odd Multiverse stuff, I will not be able to be OP.
So here you go!
IC:
How did I get to the Institution: I was stolen out of Redmont Fief in Araluen and brought over to the present. I'm still currently getting accustomed to all the technology in the present.
OOC: I'll be back in an hour or two.

Sounds very nice. Start whenever you want.

Great! Start posting your stuff whenever you feel like it. And you can have a second character if you want.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Dr. Platymysey's containment plans for the two new entrants:

Thanatos:
Thanatos may be quite difficult to contain due to his interesting relationship with his sword, but we have discovered that his sword may be kept seperate from him up to 15 meters away from him without having it return to his belt again, therefore Thanatos shell be kept in a cell with the sword being kept in the cell right next to him. Though he is strong, I don't think he can easily break through 20 inch reinforced iron walls. This may be modified if we have a breach.

Will Treaty:
The situation surrounding his arrival at the present is quite interesting. He will require more containment than others as whatever group stole him out of his time and brought him here may want him back. He is to have five body guards 24/7 they shall take five hour shifts to ensure maximum strength. He will be kept in a normal prison cell with the five body guards remaining until further notice. He has been quite cooperative so his removal from the prison cell may be negotiable. All agents handling him are to wear sunglasses to avoid being charmspoken.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Powers: He has some form of drug control. Touching someone allows him to essentially make someone get, uh... high. He cannot control this. Also his bodily fluids may or may not be pretty much druggy. (This may be able to extend to healing people or what." Currently it's pretty much only "negative" drugs such as Marijuana, cocaine, LSD, etc..
Personality: Keeps to himself because everyone he touches gets high or starts tripping balls. He is usually outgoing.

Sorry for the shortness, bit of a rush.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: In case you guys don't know, here's how Charmspeak works:
Charmspeak is the ability of children of Aphrodite. It's basically a way of speaking that causes people to do what you want. It can also be used to implant a memory or remove a memory from someone's brain.
For example:
"Boss's orders, Will."
*charmspeak* "Are you sure he told you to tell me to do that?"
"Maybe, I think so!"
"I don't think you remember that."
"Hmm, maybe I don't... Stop!"
"I'm really, really sure that he didn't say that to you."
*dreamily* "Yeah, I guess you're right."
"It was all a hallucination."
*dreamily* "All a hallucination, nothing to worry about." *regular* "Sorry about that, Will."

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry for the shortness, bit of a rush.

Very nice. Get started whenever you feel like it :)

Dr. Platymysey's containment procedures for Mark Simeon

Mark is to wear gloves and clothes on all parts of his body with the exception of his face. When handling him, his handlers are to make contact only while wearing full body suits.
Other than that, he is to be kept in a standard cell as he has been quite cooperative.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice. Get started whenever you feel like it :)

Dr. Platymysey's containment procedures for Mark Simeon

Mark is to wear gloves and clothes on all parts of his body with the exception of his face. When handling him, his handlers are to make contact only while wearing full body suits.
Other than that, he is to be kept in a standard cell as he has been quite cooperative.

What should I do?

Heh, I wonder if the handlers sometimes take off the gloves to get high

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know, Will, liking to always be prepared, has Mottled Cloaks in all kinds of colour schemes.[DOUBLEPOST=1373754746][/DOUBLEPOST]
Edit: Well shit, I named it wrong. It was supposed to be the institution RolePlay... A namechange would be really nice right about now.

You can rename threads by pressing the edit button up on the right edge of the name bar.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, I guess I have to add the rest:

The instant that the mini-black hole appeared, the rip in space-time caused his otherwise negative age to turn positive, giving him a tangible and real existence in the same dimension that the institution operates in.

His age reverted back to negative within one billionth of a pico-second of the mini-black hole collapsing, but that was all the institution needed. In that instant he was captured and placed in a timeless vacuum with interdimensional properties. He is now fed random problems that could lead to astounding technological advances. His only demand, food, lots of food.

The ethics of these discoveries, I'll leave to you guys =).

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

Sounds interesting. I guess you had some wine. The institution will definitely have a very nice equation for you to solve.

Dr. Stactur's Containment procures for Namiasdf
Not to be given any sort of chemicals or compounds. Will only be given the food he needs, and no more. I don't care if he can eat more. He shall be kept in 11 inch iron wall cell. If an incident occurs, further containment may be required.

Request-2449-1: Dr. Stactur would like to expose 2449 to 033. The council is not sure discovering the answer to the equation will be benefit the society.