School For RolePlay

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
"This is a force from an undiscovered point in existence from which all magic originates. It holds all forms of magic, all powers, and contains undiscovered particles that can be manipulated by a tiny variety of entities, creating magical beasts, weapons of mass destruction and God knows what else."
You say this about the Ether, I have a few amendments:

1) It was the original force in the big bang which exploded it all, so was created with all other matter, before the expansion though.

2) It is made from particles of Ether.These particles have a very specific electronic structure, which would be impossible with normal matter, which allows magicians to manipulate them.

3) By a tiny variety, you mean one variety? Humans (we all think... DUN DUN DUN!)

4) The reason it congregated around earth is by complete and utter chance. It now only stays here because of magicians' use of it, otherwise it would continue to drift off.

5) It is what mortal scientists call dark matter :D

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
*cough* What about Warlocks?
And we've successfully created the Instituverse, which is essentially the universe of this story.

Reactions: the_j485

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
And we've successfully created the Instituverse, which is essentially the universe of this story.
It may well be the universe of a bunch of other stories as well, judging by the amount of pop culture references we've made over 105 pages.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
James is made of several The Who references (Quadrophenia, Baba O'Riley, I'm a Boy, Sally Simpson...), and the part of the religion based magic from James' training mention Pelor and Kord, two deities of the D&D universe. The meteorologist part in the Kord cleric voice comes from the fact that Kord is the god of thunder, lightning and rain, for example.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: Yeah, I found it.[DOUBLEPOST=1384464169][/DOUBLEPOST]
OOC: And it's all in a big place called Existence that holds near infinite universes.

I'm ruling with GPuzzle. This is the instituverse. Nothing more, nothing less. Although it is VERY badass so far.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm ruling with GPuzzle. This is the instituverse. Nothing more, nothing less. Although it is VERY badass so far.
OOC: Where did Spirit (and Will) come from? The only reason Will was able to come back was because Spirit, coming from another area of Existence, pulled him out of his home world and put him here.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Rifts in the fabric of reality. James' training arena is located in another rift that he opened due to his overdose on magic (which is turning him into a warlock) and the entrance to British Government of Magic is also a rift.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Rifts in the fabric of reality. James' training arena is located in another rift that he opened due to his overdose on magic (which is turning him into a warlock) and the entrance to British Government of Magic is also a rift.
OOC: A rift to where?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
A pocket dimension.

Edit: Also, sorry for not spending as much time here. Nanowritmo is this month as well as the 2000th SCP contest. Takes up quite a bit of time...
OOC: A pocket dimension that holds near infinite dimensions within it? I think I'll just hold on to Myriad Reality without mentioning it ever again.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
OOC; Very, very confused. Will someone please explain or will I continue to be confused?
The roof fell in, and a shadow bolt flew accross the room and crashed into the wall, leaving a small crater. Then a bolt flew in, slicing the canvas, before dropping into the water, where it promptly vanished.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: a rift is a tear in the fabric of reality. That rift is connected to somewhere else, another universe entirely. For example, Will came in through a rift. There are infinite rifts, but they only can open under a few circumstances:
a) a rift opens at the same time another does. Called a "natural rift".
b) someone opens a rift on two specific places. Called an "artificial rift".
c) someone becomes a warlock. Called a "magic rift".
d) traveling through a black hole opens a rift at the very end of it. Called a "star rift".
They are like a bit Dimensional Doors' doors.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
OOC: a rift is a tear in the fabric of reality. That rift is connected to somewhere else, another universe entirely. For example, Will came in through a rift. There are infinite rifts, but they only can open under a few circumstances:
a) a rift opens at the same time another does. Called a "natural rift".
b) someone opens a rift on two specific places. Called an "artificial rift".
c) someone becomes a warlock. Called a "magic rift".
d) traveling through a black hole opens a rift at the very end of it. Called a "star rift".
They are like a bit Dimensional Doors' doors.
And artificial rifts are all made by shunters.

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
And artificial rifts are all made by shunters.
Well, we've been busy, haven't we? There's a lot to add to the doc. Oh, and what if Aaron moved in with Deomi and Felix and we got a pet http://thefutureiswild.wikia.com/wiki/Spink which is a
Spink.png
and is very cute and affectionate and Tim hates it. So many plot possibilities!

Reactions: the_j485