Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use two fingers. Please stop this.
I didn't say you do, I have only seen you post like an eagle and type alot rather then a lot. Gods, man, do I have to link the post for you to get this joke?
Said eagle could always hop on caps a new key and back on caps in order to make a capital letters.
Eagles are also always in a hurry, apparently, so while this could work, they likely know this already yet don't bother. And this wouldn't work for punctuation that requires use of the shift key.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
If you're interested in further testing how far you can push your current rig, use the TT KAMI God-axe. I tried it on my test world... took out the trunk in one hit, and was craaaaaaaaaaaaaaawling as the entities slowly creative-magnet mode vacuumed up and/or vanished. Second swing, higher up.... well, I had to kill the client.

But, it was !!Science!! so it was never a loss :D

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't the build height increased a while back? IIRC 256 was the old build height, the new one is much higher.

No, the old build height limit was 128. It was increased to 256 a while ago. Don't think it was raised again.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
How is it nobody has figured out how many blocks are in this thing? You nerds are letting me down.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How is it nobody has figured out how many blocks are in this thing? You nerds are letting me down.
About a million blocks, but that's just a Fermi estimate. They're 200 blocks tall and 130 blocks radius, which gives a cylindrical volume of 3.4M blocks, and I reckon about a third of the blocks in that volume are occupied with logs or leaves.

So it's about the same volume as the Empire State Building.

Last edited:

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
About a million blocks, but that's just a Fermi estimate. They're 200 blocks tall and 130 blocks radius, which gives a cylindrical volume of 3.4M blocks, and I reckon about a third of the blocks in that volume are occupied with logs or leaves.

So it's about the same volume as the Empire State Building.

im running some chunk eaters through a tree right now.
whats the average sapling drop rate for these things so I can estimate the leaf count?

of course, I can always use the mining well plus and silk touch it. but that means growing another one, dealing with the massive lag from lighting updates, and starting the thing over.

AdmiralEinstein

Jul 29, 2019
well the server i play on had one of these pop up, i dont remember the exact number but the server owner said there was over 2 million blocks. He took the tree out with a world editor, the lag from the light updates was horrible.
Until you see this tree, you cannot grasp the massiveness.... why it wasnt added as creative only to protect servers is beyond me.

Reactions: Talonar

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
upload_2014-3-20_15-23-43.jpeg

that what would do

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-20_15-23-39.jpeg
    upload_2014-3-20_15-23-39.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 70

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
This is just stupid and needs to be disabled by default trees this large are not needed and just lag like no tomorrow

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
This is not even end game this is game breaking literally I mean I had no idea about this until today I almost set up a rubber farm and now I hear this I mean like there's big then there's this it's just stupid and needs to be disabled be default a lot of people have no idea this exists I mean it should be findable and have a label as a warning but needs to be able to be separated from the other saplings so it dosent accidentally get placed which seems to be happening for some people for some reason

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
This is not even end game this is game breaking literally I mean I had no idea about this until today I almost set up a rubber farm and now I hear this I mean like there's big then there's this it's just stupid and needs to be disabled be default a lot of people have no idea this exists I mean it should be findable and have a label as a warning but needs to be able to be separated from the other saplings so it dosent accidentally get placed which seems to be happening for some people for some reason
Ow. Use sentences. I mean, that's like saying an entire paragraph in one breath.
Also, you can only find it in jungle temple chests. Jungle temples are rare enough, and then there's the probably minuscule chance of findin that SPECIFIC thing.