Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
ICBM mod with it's rejuvenation missiles? (Resets chunks back to default)

DepressivesBrot

Jul 29, 2019
chunk loading turtles are your savior then... program one to toodle on in, place down a nuke and detonate it. turtles are cheap after all, and so are chunk loading turtles once you have some decent mobfarms and stuff.
I'd just use a portal gun and a cheap P:R timer or something along those lines.
Truth be told the easiest way would be to delete the thing with world edit or MCEdit.
I think we've long passed the 'How do I get rid of this efficiently?' stage and entered the realms of 'How much fun can we have with this thing?'

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love this tree, its so big, it causes some FPS lag but don't put it anywhere near your base, put it somewhere else, the easiest method to get rid of it is to use mcedit or worldedit, either one will work. If you are looking for ingame means try a quarry or a digital miner.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
tree is 200 blocks tall.
from layer 182 down, it is basically solid wood.
182-196 are mostly wood with a fair amount of leaves tossed in.
196-200 all leaves.

my clearance solution: harvesters from MFR. 25 so far. no lag really, worst was when night fell and updated everything below the tree. few minutes of 0 fps.

how do I bring up the stupid post editor to get this to show as a picture and not a link to a stupidly cropped pic?

http://rs750.pbsrc.com/albums/xx142/fsjd/2014-03-17_184838_zps6e8917f4.png~c200?t=1395100747
yes, that is 421K wood and rubber. im gonna need more than 1 ME drive. already filled a 64K and coming close to filling a second.

ive barely made a dent in this thing.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
heya!

I recently automated a rubber farm, and somehow the planter had planted a sacred rubber sapling (dont know where it came from).

i took it, and like a fool, planed and bonemealed it.

Now the thing is towering above EVERYTHING and essentially ruined my base and all the area around.

I tried quickly turning saves off, and closing (no exit command) the servr hoping that wouldnt save, but no luck.

Is there a command to remove all of a specific block? (i would use it with rubber leaves and wood)

Thanks!

Why on good gods earth are you sad about this? you will never need rubber ever! I would be happy! This has happened once to me before... but i destroyed it with fire.

Talonar

Jul 29, 2019
FPS
that is all

Well... I suggested somewhere earlier to douse the tree in oil and light said oil on fire... Results.

Sacred sappling and oil and fire do not mix2.jpg
2014-03-17_16.09.47.jpg

I nuked the ground to bedrock level leaving a NICE crater and decided to plant this monstrosity inside it :p
Then i decided to test out a oil fire on it. Oil won, Framerate lost and the tree laughed in agony as it burned and took the world with it.

All in all... It was a good day.

I could log back into this map, i believe it is still saved [might have deleted it] and I am curious to see how much this will just kill my world. I did the cartoony thing and made a trail of Oil as far as I could 'fly' without my frame rate becoming picture book style while the fire was going.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You do this to annoy me don't you?
You're using alot rather then a lot almost constantly. Passive aggressive suggestions to help you remember not to type like an eagle and occasionally as a person with only two fingers(and one is mangled) is the only way I can help you improve this.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
You're using alot rather then a lot almost constantly. Passive aggressive suggestions to help you remember not to type like an eagle and occasionally as a person with only two fingers(and one is mangled) is the only way I can help you improve this.
I am using it "alot" a lot because i just type a little to fast for me to realize that i did that. NOT because of the typing with 2 fingers thing. I am not 6:p.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I am using it "alot" a lot because i just type a little to fast for me to realize that i did that. NOT because of the typing with 2 fingers thing. I am not 6:p.
The two fingers is when one uses, say, "U" instead of "You", and eagles don't use capital letters or punctuation since as eagles they find it hard to reach across the keyboard to use shift while pressing another key, since they have to jump up and slam down on the button with their claws, and it's not easy to do that and hit two buttons that are a keyboard across from each other.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
The two fingers is when one uses, say, "U" instead of "You", and eagles don't use capital letters or punctuation since as eagles they find it hard to reach across the keyboard to use shift while pressing another key, since they have to jump up and slam down on the button with their claws, and it's not easy to do that and hit two buttons that are a keyboard across from each other.
I don't use two fingers. Please stop this.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Said eagle could always hop on caps a new key and back on caps in order to make a capital letters.