Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard saplings have a random chance of changeing to one when planted by mfr planter though
No. That's false.
FWIW, it's not false. I had an MFR planter/harvester setup going with rubber tree saplings from a few upgrades ago. Just upgraded today and looked in on it and it had collected about ten stacks of regular saplings and half a stack of sacred saplings. Fortunately I have a filter on it so it didn't try to plant the sacred saplings. (It's possible this was an update quirk rather than direct action of the planter/harvester, but they're still showing up from trees grown after the upgrade, so...)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
FWIW, it's not false. I had an MFR planter/harvester setup going with rubber tree saplings from a few upgrades ago. Just upgraded today and looked in on it and it had collected about ten stacks of regular saplings and half a stack of sacred saplings. Fortunately I have a filter on it so it didn't try to plant the sacred saplings. (It's possible this was an update quirk rather than direct action of the planter/harvester, but they're still showing up from trees grown after the upgrade, so...)
Honestly, I'm fine with it not being disabled by default. If you make an Easter egg and you disable it, who's going to see it?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If it is guaranteed to crash the game & corrupt the save for 90% of the players, is it still an easter egg or is it bordering on malicious code? I personally am entertained by its existence but am also very grateful for the warnings.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Honestly, I'm fine with it not being disabled by default. If you make an Easter egg and you disable it, who's going to see it?

If you make an Easter egg that can randomly occur and utterly destroy most peoples SSP/SMP worlds, who's going to see it?

Reactions: YX33A

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
note, MFR harvester will stop working when you unload it, as when it reloads, it sees no wood next to it to harvest.

recommend a chunk eater.

and after you get through the generation and initial lighting updates, its not that bad.

Reactions: YX33A

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Bleah. I was harvesting a few rubber trees by hand and one of these sacred rubber saplings showed up as a drop from the leaves. I'd seen hints they were bad. I'm glad I didn't plant it before I saw this thread. Into the frickin' trash can, as my computer can barely handle FTB Lite 2, much less DW20. I've turned off the temple chest worldgen for them, and I'll definitely try to avoid them if at all possible. Troll tree is evil.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
According to SkyBoy rubber trees shouldn't ever drop sacred rubber saplings, if they do it is a cross mod bug.

If the trees from his mod, without interaction from anything else other than his own mod, do something that he says it shouldn't; he's got a problem within his code or we have an old version.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
If the trees from his mod, without interaction from anything else other than his own mod, do something that he says it shouldn't; he's got a problem within his code or we have an old version.
But do they drop sacred rubber saplings when MFR is the only mod installed? I'll try to test this tomorrow if I remember and have time.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was using a TE invar sickle at the time. I'll have to watch for that.
I can confirm that the hook from ex-nihilo makes sacred rubbersaplings drop as well. getting one of these saplings in agrarian skies can make or break your game depending on your computer. it's either free real estate, or a world reset. all depending on how powerful your rig is.

Ether Imperial

Jul 29, 2019
I got one running an MFR harvester/planter setup. Though i will say it wasn't harvested, it was dropped on the ground as if from a normal leaf decay.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If it is not supposed to be a rare drop from leaf decay, could it be some weird glitch with the ore dictionary listing? I know nothing about programming, so I really don't know how these things actually work behind the scenes.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at the Minecraft forum thread for MFR, then checked the metadata on the sapling I got. It was damage value 8, rather than 1. Supposedly that means it's safe despite being named "Sacred" rubber sapling, but darnit I don't trust that. I can't afford to make that kind of mistake! So it actually went in the trash can instead of cluttering up my gardening chest.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I looked at the Minecraft forum thread for MFR, then checked the metadata on the sapling I got. It was damage value 8, rather than 1. Supposedly that means it's safe despite being named "Sacred" rubber sapling, but darnit I don't trust that. I can't afford to make that kind of mistake! So it actually went in the trash can instead of cluttering up my gardening chest.
Assuming SSP:
1. Save inventory with NEI
2. Load creative superflat test world
3. Load inventory
4. Plant sapling

cameroncrick18

Jul 29, 2019
Guys i have one on the server i play on and it lags a bit but not massively. once you have loaded the tree it stops the lag but keep the render distance down to short. I am making it into my base and if you wan i can upload pictures soon

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you do it to your server. Your base will be the laggies part of that server.