Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ingonian2

Jul 29, 2019
You just place down a MFR Harvester and leave your world on until
1. The tree is harvested and your AE system is just full of wood and rubber.
2. Your computer melts entirely due to the great lag.

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
Riiiiise RIIIISE!!!!

I necro'd this thread because WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!

I had NO idea what the sapling was, thought it would be a big tree, but I was simply not prepared for this... I spent about 20 minutes googling a way to get rid of this bastard. I couldn't find the config for MFR and don't know where to find the block ID's for the rubber plants so instead I built a ghetto solution. . . I also made about 6 chunk loaders and spread them to the ends of this beast. I don't know if that is necessary but better safe than sorry.

2015-05-09_21.57.28.png 2015-05-09_22.13.43.png 2015-05-09_21.54.37.png 2015-05-09_21.54.34.png 2015-05-09_21.54.41.png 2015-05-09_21.54.49.png

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Riiiiise RIIIISE!!!!

I had NO idea what the sapling was, thought it would be a big tree, but I was simply not prepared for this... I spent about 20 minutes googling a way to get rid of this bastard. I couldn't find the config for MFR and don't know where to find the block ID's for the rubber plants so instead I built a ghetto solution. . . I also made about 6 chunk loaders and spread them to the ends of this beast. I don't know if that is necessary but better safe than sorry.

View attachment 18923 View attachment 18924 View attachment 18917 View attachment 18918 View attachment 18919 View attachment 18920
on the upside you have more then enough wood and rubber, unless you void it all.

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
I'm voiding it into a trash can. I can't cope with 60k wood and maybe 1/2 that in sap and maybe 2 times that in saplings. I just want it gone.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Then ... just let it sit for 5 minutes on the ground?

It's not like you have a mod that auto-plants saplings, right? :)

Reactions: RedBoss

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Riiiiise RIIIISE!!!!

View attachment 18923 View attachment 18924 View attachment 18917 View attachment 18918 View attachment 18919 View attachment 18920
GOD FU****G DAMNIT (thanks for this stupid rule on swearing, mods! Seriosuly, why do people get offended by it?) IT IS NOT NECROING IF YOU ADD DISCUSSION, STOP MAKING ME WANT TO POST THAT DAMN PICTURE THAT I ALWAYS, ALWAYS POSTED!

I am extremely salty, and may have been overly dramatic in an attempt to parody myself.

Oh, and how well does your PC/server handke having that entire thing chunkloaded? I would expect some issues.

Reactions: Dezz and Padfoote

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
I have a rather beefy machine so the only time I get any noticeable hiccups is when I fly over the tree. All the vertices are wicked even on a top end rig. Java notwithstanding of course.

And for the record 99.9% of forums define necroing (sic) as bringing back any thread/topic that is over a few months old. They also much prefer a new thread be made as opposed to adding girth to an existing thread. So post your pick if it makes you feel better. I mean, you ALWAYS do, right? :cool:

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
images

I accidentially planted this in my sky factory world... I eventually carved stairs up to the top, moved all my stuff under it and put lave on top of it till it burned to the ground... eventually I was able to get rid of all of it but once most of the tree was removed itself, it seemed to be much less laggy... I also don't recommend this.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm voiding it into a trash can. I can't cope with 60k wood and maybe 1/2 that in sap and maybe 2 times that in saplings. I just want it gone.
Hmm...perhaps I should just grow one of these to get rid of my wood shortage for some time. 60k, that's less than 15% of an ME block container. Also, a level V JABBA barrel should be able to store that much as well. How do you get these things btw (the sacred saplings I mean)?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Hmm...perhaps I should just grow one of these to get rid of my wood shortage for some time. 60k, that's less than 15% of an ME block container. Also, a level V JABBA barrel should be able to store that much as well. How do you get these things btw (the sacred saplings I mean)?

I believe they are found in those jungle dungeons

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly right. I found it in a chest and figured it would be about the size of a large witch wood maybe a tad bigger. I didn't think it would approach the great woods size and had zero idea there was something bigger than that :D

To be honest I should have put a jabba barrel down. I was just still bent about it being there at all heh. Ah well, live and learn.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Exactly right. I found it in a chest and figured it would be about the size of a large witch wood maybe a tad bigger. I didn't think it would approach the great woods size and had zero idea there was something bigger than that :D

To be honest I should have put a jabba barrel down. I was just still bent about it being there at all heh. Ah well, live and learn.
To be honest farming rubber or wood is not so complicated and most people are already doing it anyway for power.

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah in my other worlds I've done a rubber tree farm/sap/sludge farm/charcoal/self sustaining steam dynamo set up. In fact it was my original go to because it covered so much ground from a production/need standpoint.

I had to force myself to get away from that and try new mods and power sources. I'm now where I want to try the big reactors. I've yet to go that direction. Then the tree happened :D

The wind farm is "ok" but far too expensive to get up for small returns. Oddly when the tree showed up the wind farm stopped. If I hadn't had my magma dynamo's still up I would have been without power.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Yeah in my other worlds I've done a rubber tree farm/sap/sludge farm/charcoal/self sustaining steam dynamo set up. In fact it was my original go to because it covered so much ground from a production/need standpoint.

I had to force myself to get away from that and try new mods and power sources. I'm now where I want to try the big reactors. I've yet to go that direction. Then the tree happened :D

The wind farm is "ok" but far too expensive to get up for small returns. Oddly when the tree showed up the wind farm stopped. If I hadn't had my magma dynamo's still up I would have been without power.

In my world I am planning to go with a tree farm to syngas to power. I am also planning to do some tweaking and make it so that big reactors can only be used as a breeder for industrial craft reactors but that is only planned for when I am going to use my homebrew with friends. There are a few other tweaks I would like to do but for now as my friends managed to get their computer fried all at the same time(hooray for buying the computers all at the same time >_>) it has to wait.

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not familiar with syngas. Would the abundance of rubber and wood from my "visitor" be used to power something like that?