Sacred rubber sapling "ruined" my world... what can i do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
I am really confused. You guys are saying that the tree drops saplings, and I am not getting any, even with Fortune X. (It is a semi creative world.)

eliandarkbrood

Jul 29, 2019
I actually made a base in one a while back. Yes, it was a bit laggy on my monster of a behemoth of a computer, but it was fun. Saplings used to drop, but i haven't tried it yet lately... don't have that behemoth, due to blown capacitor and no money to replace motherboard, so i doubt my laptop can handle it.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if I did read it somewhere or it was just in my own head, but there was a discussion about normal rubber trees dropping sacred rubber tree saplings, but those are just display bug.
The only way to get a sacred rubber tree sapling is through dungeon chest loot.

Reactions: Not_Steve

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if I did read it somewhere or it was just in my own head, but there was a discussion about normal rubber trees dropping sacred rubber tree saplings, but those are just display bug.
When I walk through my rubber tree farm, about half of the planted saplings display as sacred rubber saplings in WAILA, but of course they are all normal saplings. So there is some metadata conflict going on.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I got a sacred rubber sapling, watered it and then bam... a normal rubber tree, so depressing.
When I walk through my rubber tree farm, about half of the planted saplings display as sacred rubber saplings in WAILA, but of course they are all normal saplings. So there is some metadata conflict going on.
There used to be a bug where normal rubber saplings would sometimes display as sacred ones but that's been fixed for about as long as this thread has been abandoned.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive me for adding to a dead thread, but if you want to remove a sacred rubber tree, can't you just use a bedrock axe from RoC? I think it's the only tool that can remove a full one.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Forgive me for adding to a dead thread, but if you want to remove a sacred rubber tree, can't you just use a bedrock axe from RoC? I think it's the only tool that can remove a full one.
While it is true that Reika fixed the bedrock axe so that it won't crash the game by recursively changing far, far too many blocks at once (it now chews through wood and leaves at about 20 meters per second), it still drops the wood blocks and saplings on the ground. It's probably the safest way to remove such an insanely large tree in a reasonable amount of time, but that's not to say it won't crash your computer anyway. Now, if there was something like the Blood Magic zephyr ritual with a large enough range to cover the entire tree, or something like the Coin of Fortune from Xeno's Reliquary with the same range as the bedrock axe (both of which teleport items to a chest/the player instantaneously)...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, so you need to have dozens of vaccum hoppers / hungry chests / etc on the ground before you swing that axe?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Oh, so you need to have dozens of vaccum hoppers / hungry chests / etc on the ground before you swing that axe?
While that will help some, it won't help as much as might be necessary, depending on your computer. The Coin of Fortune and Call of the Zephyr have the advantage that they collect items instantly, so you don't even need to worry about items falling to the ground causing lag.

The Call of the Zephyr also has the largest range of any item collector that I know of, except maybe a jet-powered RotaryCraft vacuum. That's important because... do you realize how many thousands of hungry chests you'd need to blanket the ground under one of those trees?

Reactions: PierceSG

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
do you realize how many thousands of hungry chests you'd need to blanket the ground under one of those trees?
No. How many?

For that matter, I don't know the range of ThaumCraft's hungry chest, or ExU's vacuum hopper, nor do I really know the power/range of RoC's item vacuum as power gets large.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you kill such an awesome thing, though? I'd build a house in it! I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to live in what is essentially Yggdrasil?
But only with a handful magnum torches, or the top of the tree is crawling with mobs :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
No. How many?
Well, from the map screenshot on the first page of this thread, the radius of the canopy of this thing appears to be about 13 chunks, or 13 * 16 = 208 blocks. Therefore, its area (or, more specifically, the area under it) would be pi * 208^2 = 135918 square blocks. Since hungry chests only collect items that touch them directly, you'd need more than a hundred thousand of them to collect all the items dropped from the tree. Now, granted, you would really only need enough to cover the (still quite substantial) range of the bedrock axe if you don't mind moving them all after every swing.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking