Rotary Craft Extractor Setup's

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
im moving up in the world.
have a smallish solar tower 7 pieces, 20 mirror.
planning on running it to my grinder (already done), magnetizer (through a 4x gearbox I have laying around), and extractor. excess will charge an industrial coil.
extractor first through. need to upgrade past the gas engine and jury-rigged AC engine.

big issue I have is mirrors don't like registering that they are part of the structure, so when I add even one, I have to break the entire bloody thing and rebuild to get it to count.
also likes breaking on world load. . .

I think next is either expanding the tower some more (highly probable), getting jet fuel (unlikely), or setting up my first pebble bed (most likely option after expanding tower)

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
@Jangofet54 I have a Pneumatic Engine powered by RF set to full speed going into a CVT unit (set at a ratio of 4 on speed) which leads to a bevel gear going up into my extractor. Times that by 30 to get my ore processing room (about 25kRF/t). Theoretically, this is the most "efficient" as I have to change nothing and all stages work at minimum speed or above. But, I could make it run so much better.

@Reika I'm looking at maybe starting to do stuff with RotaryCraft again (some of your older versions had bandwidth issues) and I was wondering how much power you could get from a reasonable ReactorCraft setup and how much fuel it'd consume? To give an idea, I'd probably want somewhere between 0.5 and 1GW (technicall GiW) of power. But before I get using that power, I'll need to set up some bedrock breakers...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Jangofet54 I have a Pneumatic Engine powered by RF set to full speed going into a CVT unit (set at a ratio of 4 on speed) which leads to a bevel gear going up into my extractor. Times that by 30 to get my ore processing room (about 25kRF/t). Theoretically, this is the most "efficient" as I have to change nothing and all stages work at minimum speed or above. But, I could make it run so much better.
Pneumatic engines no longer accept RF.

@Reika I'm looking at maybe starting to do stuff with RotaryCraft again (some of your older versions had bandwidth issues) and I was wondering how much power you could get from a reasonable ReactorCraft setup and how much fuel it'd consume? To give an idea, I'd probably want somewhere between 0.5 and 1GW (technicall GiW) of power. But before I get using that power, I'll need to set up some bedrock breakers...
Fuel lasts a long time; the power output is entirely a function of design.

xBlizzDevious

Jul 29, 2019
Pneumatic engines no longer accept RF.

Fuel lasts a long time; the power output is entirely a function of design.

Is the update that changes that not included with FTB Monster 1.1.1?

And that's handy. I've got tens to hundreds of thousands of resources (millions of a few) so I guess I'll probably be alright for fueling it. I must check out some videos on how to build your reactors (just watched your Tokomak one... Dayuuuum).

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Best setup? ReC turbine, 16:1 gear, bevel, extractor :p or how to be too lazy.
What changed?
I think he changed the speed of the machine/input speed equation but not sure about it

Also, magnetostatic are now tiered :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, as of v25, magneotstatics consume lubricant. :p
This is going to cause so much rage but I hardly care; it makes a lot of sense. Suckers.

Edit: Tesseract->Magnetostatics -> Borer still completely workable, just have to push lubricant through the tesseract as well.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Also, as of v25, magneotstatics consume lubricant. :p

One way I am like go to hell

The other side of me is like yea I agree on this...

Psttt tier 4-5 should consume jet fuel
*hides from people*

Anyway I am doing a world magneto free :D