Rotary Craft Extractor Setup's

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Jetfuel via tesseract?
Technically you're transfering fuel-for-power (potential energy if you like), when I was talking about RoC power (shaft power).

I guess I'm out of the habit of transfering my engines around these days, but....
Honestly, it feels like RotaryCraft begs for the simplest setups: one engine, one machine.
...I can't argue with this.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea yet how you plan to transport power long distance?
Prpbably shaft through nether portal for very long distance and just shaft for smaller one

Might use electricraft too

Edit: steam pipes to transport power?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Yup... And they create too much lag when connected to a turbine or such :(
I had massive TPS loss (Monster 1.1.2) when I tried to use electricraft to run the VDGs for my fusion reactor; seems placing resistors directly adjacent to induction motors can cause issues in the generator (issues being 40,000ms+ update times.) Other than that it seems to work OK, I have one turbine running an induction generator, I mainly use it for my extractor/friction heater setup. Trying to use it to run the fusion reactor infrastructure too but having nothing but trouble (including a bizarre solenoid problem; it explodes @512 speed but all the blocks remain, break one and it instantly regenerates. Wat ...maybe because snow on the ground? No idea.)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I had massive TPS loss (Monster 1.1.2) when I tried to use electricraft to run the VDGs for my fusion reactor; seems placing resistors directly adjacent to induction motors can cause issues in the generator (issues being 40,000ms+ update times.) Other than that it seems to work OK, I have one turbine running an induction generator, I mainly use it for my extractor/friction heater setup. Trying to use it to run the fusion reactor infrastructure too but having nothing but trouble (including a bizarre solenoid problem; it explodes @512 speed but all the blocks remain, break one and it instantly regenerates. Wat ...maybe because snow on the ground? No idea.)
I wonder if that's why my horizons game is basically unplayable these days. I use a ton of electricraft wiring.

Reactions: madnewmy

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I have already made it clear what makes ElectriCraft lag - a constantly changing input power.
Are there any reliable methods of stabilizing input power from a turbine? I've yet to find any, and if I remember right, even underutilization of available steam seems to let it fluctuate slightly, at least in SMP.
I guess I could turn it all into RF, have an energy cell intermediate, and some magnetostatics on fixed output, but that seems awfully kludgy. Parallel Industrial Coils *might* work but questionable if the changeover can be set up for 0 delay. *ponders this some more*
P.S. Thank you for making the resistors work the way they do; I was worried I'd have to do lots of calculations for power distribution and set up parallel/serial circuits and etc.:D By the way, any chance of letting us use gold/silver dust for the 3rd band?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any reliable methods of stabilizing input power from a turbine? I've yet to find any, and if I remember right, even underutilization of available steam seems to let it fluctuate slightly, at least in SMP.
I guess I could turn it all into RF, have an energy cell intermediate, and some magnetostatics on fixed output, but that seems awfully kludgy. Parallel Industrial Coils *might* work but questionable if the changeover can be set up for 0 delay. *ponders this some more*
P.S. Thank you for making the resistors work the way they do; I was worried I'd have to do lots of calculations for power distribution and set up parallel/serial circuits and etc.:D By the way, any chance of letting us use gold/silver dust for the 3rd band?
You could use flywheels to stabilize power output.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
You could use flywheels to stabilize power output.
From a turbine that would be...problematic considering I'd have to massively step down the speed or the flywheel will leave a nice gaping hole in the floor.:D I'm not even sure with that a flywheel could handle the overall load, I'd have to check the limits but I'm doubtful unless they've changed significantly since last I played with them. I'll take another look when I get home tonight just in case.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
From a turbine that would be...problematic considering I'd have to massively step down the speed or the flywheel will leave a nice gaping hole in the floor.:D I'm not even sure with that a flywheel could handle the overall load, I'd have to check the limits but I'm doubtful unless they've changed significantly since last I played with them. I'll take another look when I get home tonight just in case.
It's the only thing I can think of, besides creative use of industrial coils. Also, who says you can't use more then one flywheel?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
It's the only thing I can think of, besides creative use of industrial coils. Also, who says you can't use more then one flywheel?
I'm having trouble getting shaft junctions to work in Monster 1.1.2, they work fine in split mode but in join mode they just sit there unmoving. They don't even grind on uneven input...

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I am using them literally right now, so I have no idea what you are talking about.
@_@ I am quite confused now. When I first updated from 1.1.1-1.1.2, it happened as I described - I had three turbines, tried linking the outputs with shaft junctions, absolutely nothing happened (it had worked just before the update.) I just tried it in a brand new SSP and it works A-OK... Maybe it was a once-off issue, if so, apologies for the false alarm. I'll try it again in my SMP world once I get more resources to be sure.

MrDrayth

Jul 29, 2019
Also, as of v25, magneotstatics consume lubricant. :p
First you made them 5-tiered and now this? I gave up on the mod entirely for 2 weeks because of the tiers when I moved up to 1.1.2 of Monster, if that's the case next update I think I'm done with this "GregTechian" path you're taking adding extra steps on top of everything just for the sake of having them. I know noone gives a shit that I think that though, but I had to say it out loud.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Also, as of v25, magneotstatics consume lubricant. :p
You just had to trash half of my builds, do you? Do you ever think of people who like compact builds? Can we at least put the lubricant in from any side but the output (including where the power goes in)?[DOUBLEPOST=1405636277][/DOUBLEPOST]
First you made them 5-tiered and now this? I gave up on the mod entirely for 2 weeks because of the tiers when I moved up to 1.1.2 of Monster, if that's the case next update I think I'm done with this "GregTechian" path you're taking adding extra steps on top of everything just for the sake of having them. I know noone gives a shit that I think that though, but I had to say it out loud.
I agree with the sentiment, for what it's worth.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
He's trying to discourage people from abusing magnetostatics. If they would quit doing that, maybe he'd stop.