Rotary Craft Extractor Setup's

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Well, they do in computers, but I get your point. =p

To be clear, they USED to mean this under the JEDEC standard:
kilobyte=2^10
megabyte=2^20
gigabyte=2^30

The JEDEC standard was confusing with respect to other metric (SI) notation in that the prefixes meant something other than powers of 10. So now we have this from the IEC standard:
kibibyte=2^10
mebibyte=2^20
gibibyte=2^30

Personally I'm not a fan of the IEC standard (even though it made sense to do it that way) as saying it aloud has non-computer people think I'm talking baby talk or something. At any rate, Watts also use SI, so 1 Gigawatt (10^9) is the same as 1 Gigabyte (10^9), which isn't 1 Gibibyte (2^30).

May I respectfully propose Kibiwatts? Mebiwatts? Gibiwatts?

Like, I have so much power coming out of this thing, I have no idea what I'm going to build to use all those Pebiwatts!

Reactions: trajing

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
^^
How to RotaryCraft properly. :)

While an interesting challenge... I still think 4 separate stages would be ultimately more interesting as I could then tune the power input into each stage to make its speed account for the 50% extra materials each stage needs to process to keep the pipeline flowing.

While my design works, and as it consumes free energy I don't care about efficiency, it still does annoy me that most of the time stages 1, 2, and 3 are stuck, waiting on stage 4 (which seems to be the slowest stage when given its base (64kW) power anyway)

Truga

Jul 29, 2019
What you can do is run 256Nm torque when the extractor is clogged. You lose stage 1, but stage 4 gains quite a bit of speed.

Raelik

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but I've noticed with the latest FTB Monster pack (1.1.0), the extractor no longer works on certain things that it should, like Certus Quartz Ore and Mimichite Ore. The various byproducts (dust, slurry, solution and flakes) all exist, and if you drop them into the extractor at the right stage, they work, but going from ore to dust does not. It lets you put them in the extractor, but it never starts turning them into dust.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but I've noticed with the latest FTB Monster pack (1.1.0), the extractor no longer works on certain things that it should, like Certus Quartz Ore and Mimichite Ore. The various byproducts (dust, slurry, solution and flakes) all exist, and if you drop them into the extractor at the right stage, they work, but going from ore to dust does not. It lets you put them in the extractor, but it never starts turning them into dust.
Are they registered in the Ore Dictionary?

Raelik

Jul 29, 2019
Are they registered in the Ore Dictionary?
Indeed, oreCertusQuartz and oreMimichite. There may be others that aren't working properly, those were just the first two that I noticed....

I just checked, and it appears only the vanilla minecraft ores are working in the Extractor, even if they should otherwise be working (like copper, aluminium, lead. cadmium, etc.).

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Awhile back I came up with a system to run an extractor off of a single gasoline engine, using lots of gears and some fairly complex redstone. After reading this thread, it seems I still have much to learn. :p

My system worked, but holy crap is it slow; it takes more than a minute to process a single piece of ore. Back to the drawing board...

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Im still early-game, running my extractor off a gas engine, boosted by an AC in stages 1/4.

@lucariomaster, 1 gas engine, two 16x gearboxes, and a multiclutch will get you the bare minimum processing speeds.

my next step is probably going to be cleaning up the mess I made when building it all, then setting up a solar tower.

first things connected to it will be the magnetizer, then grinder, then extractor.

fermenters run fine off the single steam engine.

as for the math, its not terribly complicated, and if need be, I have a TI89 titanium to help out :)
in fact, its actually something I ENJOY about the mod.
I like things that keep my brain engaged and thinking.

Raelik

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, oreCertusQuartz and oreMimichite. There may be others that aren't working properly, those were just the first two that I noticed....

I just checked, and it appears only the vanilla minecraft ores are working in the Extractor, even if they should otherwise be working (like copper, aluminium, lead. cadmium, etc.).

Disregard this, I had a shaft junction running off to a heater that was sapping just enough torque to keep the first stage from running. Works perfectly now :p

Truga

Jul 29, 2019
The ores that don't work for me in 1.1.0 are:

Essence ore (from magical crops)
Nether Essence ore (ditto)
Emery ore (Emasher Resource)
Peridot ore (ProjRed: Exploration)
Quantum ore (qCraft)
Rutile ore (Mariculture)
Salt ore (Agriculture)

Everything else works, though I have no idea if this is due to me manually installing v19b and failing or is it a stock FTB issue.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The ores that don't work for me in 1.1.0 are:

Essence ore (from magical crops)
Nether Essence ore (ditto)
Emery ore (Emasher Resource)
Peridot ore (ProjRed: Exploration)
Quantum ore (qCraft)
Rutile ore (Mariculture)
Salt ore (Agriculture)

Everything else works, though I have no idea if this is due to me manually installing v19b and failing or is it a stock FTB issue.
Most of those are not in my registries, but essence is not working because my handler is now out of date. Quantum...is "force mod ore compatibility" on?

Truga

Jul 29, 2019
./RotaryCraft.cfg: B:"Force Inter-Mod Ore Compatibility"=true
If this is it, then yes.

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
Simplest low tech... Engine, CVT, bevel, extractor water fed from my rain collecting resivors.
I ended upgrading since I started manufacturing jet fuel to go with an AC engine since I can magnetize using a steam engine and don't have to waste my ethanol on engines. High speed setup with turbines would be very inefficient in comparison to my new AC engine setup. Since all my processing is using renewable energy thanks to bedrock gears to get rads requirements on the magnetizer.

Rotarycraft= fun

Reactions: Wagon153

Truga

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I don't know what the problem was, but after updating to v20, everything except mariculture/agriculture(rutile/salt) works. They're probably not in the ore dictionary, but I probably won't be able to check until tomorrow.