rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Yeha having some small issues with Imgur not loading the images fully sometimes as well. Dunno if there is some hidden bandwidth thing going on or what. Refreshing the page usually helps of the half loaded images.
I suggest you employ spoilers.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I suggest you employ spoilers.
Nah one of the main purposes of this thread is to show off pictures of stuff. Not going to hide it away(have in the past used spoilers for non-important stuff/bonus pictures).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Agreed. Its a pain in the backside, but its sort of the whole point of this section of the forum. Visitors be forewarned etc etc.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Agreed. Its a pain in the backside, but its sort of the whole point of this section of the forum. Visitors be forewarned etc etc.
And I personally hate viewing pictures in spoiler warnings. Tiny thumbnail and if you click it you get full size image off to the side'ish. It doesn't even properly maximize the picture :mad:. Really fucked up if you view the forum on a smaller secondary screen.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
And I personally hate viewing pictures in spoiler warnings. Tiny thumbnail and if you click it you get full size image off to the side'ish. It doesn't even properly maximize the picture :mad:. Really fucked up if you view the forum on a smaller secondary screen.
Agreed.

I wish though there was a better way to attach text to a picture. Some people do text above, some below. And at a glance its hard to know which is happening and whether you're looking at the correct comment for a pic.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm apparently my Quarry+ and Pump+ have found:
UovZUvP.png

Not really sure how, didnt think it spawned in the world. There were some Mooshrooms out there though, but doubt the quarry could actually milk them...

Maybe I need to set up soup vending machines around the ship :p

Nah would need to hire technicians to clean the gunk out the nozzles then. And that would necessitate putting in special safety around any Drive Plates...

Reactions: the_j485

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmm apparently my Quarry+ and Pump+ have found:
Not really sure how, didnt think it spawned in the world. There were some Mooshrooms out there though, but doubt the quarry could actually milk them...

Maybe I need to set up soup vending machines around the ship :p

Nah would need to hire technicians to clean the gunk out the nozzles then. And that would necessitate putting in special safety around any Drive Plates...
Chest I guess? I'll be honest, I didn't even realize you were mining and such legitimately, now I'm even more impressed.

Wait when did @Pyure change his avatar?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
2 days ago. Check out the design on my kid's shirt :)

Will return to being a ninja-pirate again one day I'm sure.

Reactions: rhn and pc_assassin

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Chest I guess? I'll be honest, I didn't even realize you were mining and such legitimately, now I'm even more impressed.
Oh yes, everything is done in survival. I am using legitimate sources for all resources, unless there is some bug preventing me from doing so. Often I even discard the easier/OP solutions. For example using the Quarry+ for its size and the laziness of setting it up and just forgetting about it for several days. But I find it far too OP with the Unbreaking enchant(reduces its power requirement to next to nothing at Unbreaking 3). So just sticking to the Efficiency enchant so I can dump 5-10k RF/t into it :p

Made a small dent in my Mystcraft quarry world so far:
uipEcRK.png
But other than the quarry, my MFR laser drill, bees, UU-matter and farms keep me more then well supplied with what I need. More or less just mining to compress cobble and recycle stuff now :p

MrDokeve

Jul 29, 2019
hi rhn is it possible to modify your energy program that way that it monitors on an bigger monitor?I'm quite bad at the actual coding thats why i ask

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
hi rhn is it possible to modify your energy program that way that it monitors on an bigger monitor?I'm quite bad at the actual coding thats why i ask
You mean the one for the TE3 Energy cells/Capacitor banks?
If so then yeah you could change it to use any size monitor you want. But question is what would you fill the screen with?
If you just want the information to be bigger I think you can use the monitor.setTextScale() to increase the size of the fonts, but I have never tried it. If you set the scale to 2 and then double the dimensions of the monitor(2 high, 4 wide), it might work.

You might need to double the "coordinates" used in the code too however(dunno if that changes with the scale or not) for every time it writes something on the monitor:
Code:
        monitor.setCursorPos(1,4)
        monitor.write(" ON ")
Might need to change that to (2,8) and do this for every occurance of the monitor.setCursorPos()

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019
rhn,

Do you happen to know if your Energy control program could be adapted for ElectriCraft batteries?

MrDokeve

Jul 29, 2019
i want it to use more space to print oout the amount of energy so that he is not switching to the 1E7 method.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
i want it to use more space to print oout the amount of energy so that he is not switching to the 1E7 method.
Ahh, that is actually not a matter of space. If the number was too large it would just continue out the right side of the monitor. It is how CC just handles large numbers. I saw the problem when I wrote the code but could not find a way of fixing it. Other than dividing the number by 1000 and giving the number in kRF. I think it is due to the size of the number exceeding the total number of digits CC can handle.

I will take a look and see if I can change it so that when the Energy cells are large enough it will shift over to kRF.

rhn,

Do you happen to know if your Energy control program could be adapted for ElectriCraft batteries?
Ehmnot dabbled with those at all yet, but if they support the getEnergyStored("unknown"), then it would be possible.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok modified the code to now change the printed text to kRF in case of the storage being larger/equal to 10million.
htQhXe1.png

The URL is still the same:
Energy power monitor v3:
http://pastebin.com/rjfa4ymR

(You are going to get space issues on the screen still if you attach the setup to a EnderIO capacitor bank etc. larger than 100million, but I suggest using a EnderIO Power Monitor in that case and a more dedicated visual monitoring system). After all the monitor for this script was more meant as a bonus to its main purpose of redstone control.)

EDIT: now also with proper rounding of numbers(no more fractions of RF)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yusunoha

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019
rhn,

Ehmnot dabbled with those at all yet, but if they support the getEnergyStored("unknown"), then it would be possible.

@Reika - Apologies for summoning, but do the EC batteries support OpenPeripherals?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
No, there is no CC/OC support in ElectriCraft.

I would add some, but I have spent the last four days - and likely will have to spend many more - trying to figure out why my mod jar refuses to load its manifest file correctly.
Ahh right, saves me from putting in conditions to determine whether it is RF or not etc. :p (although it would be simple enough to add)

hditano

Jul 29, 2019
Amazing thread.
So far it seems you still using your own pc to play this world instead of a server. How's doing it so far? Fps wise?.
What about Java consumption RAM after getting plus 16gb?
Keep up the great work!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Amazing thread.
So far it seems you still using your own pc to play this world instead of a server. How's doing it so far? Fps wise?.
What about Java consumption RAM after getting plus 16gb?
Keep up the great work!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Heh yeah, being cheap and while it works, it works :p
FPS is a bit of a problem sometimes, but I dont think getting it on a server will help a whole lot about that. All the runs of OPIS, the debug screen etc. seems to indicate that the world is running surprisingly smoothly. It is all the dense tech and stuff that needs rendering that weighs the system down.

In my base I am getting by with 20-40+ FPS mostly if I reduce the view distance to short(no point in having it on far really when running around in enclosed corridors). When I go outside into the world I change the distance up to Far again and get normal high fps(once away from base :p)

On the memory front a freshly started game will use about 4.7 GB(3.5GB allocated) on one javaw.exe process and 2GB for the other javaw.exe. Over time it will increase to 6-10GB for the main one before performance degrades too much and I need to restart the game(usually after 3-4 hours of playing).