RFTools - Support and Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I always thought your None mapping was a bit unintuitive myself. After a while I decided it generally means "whatever the default generation is", but I have to admit I looked around for "Stone" dimlets for quite a while before I figured it out.

I'm probably going to try to rename it to Default instead of None. If I can do that without breaking worlds that is :)

Reactions: Pyure

WhichOnesPink

Jul 29, 2019
So I created a dimension with the special Peaceful dimlet, which seemed to work fine at first (no hostile mobs anywhere), but then I found a nether fortress with active blaze spawners. I'm guessing peaceful doesn't apply to spawners?

Also, can someone confirm if it's possible to specify multiple tendrils for the same dimension? Reason I'm asking is I created a dimension using Material:Temporal Ore + Feature:Tendrils, but then when I went to my dimension, it had two types of tendrils: some of them were made of Temporal Ore (as specified), and some of them were made of Emerald Ore (not specified). Not that I'm complaining ( :D ), just wondering if multiple types of tendrils is intended behaviour.

Really loving this mod, and I've only just scratched the surface - keep up the great work!!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, can someone confirm if it's possible to specify multiple tendrils for the same dimension? Reason I'm asking is I created a dimension using Material:Temporal Ore + Feature:Tendrils, but then when I went to my dimension, it had two types of tendrils: some of them were made of Temporal Ore (as specified), and some of them were made of Emerald Ore (not specified). Not that I'm complaining ( :D ), just wondering if multiple types of tendrils is intended behaviour.
I've been wondering the same thing.
I'm wondering if the proper thing to do is :
  1. Material Temporal Ore
  2. Feature Tendrils
  3. Feature None

So that you get the specified tendrils but no random ones.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
So I created a dimension with the special Peaceful dimlet, which seemed to work fine at first (no hostile mobs anywhere), but then I found a nether fortress with active blaze spawners. I'm guessing peaceful doesn't apply to spawners?

Really loving this mod, and I've only just scratched the surface - keep up the great work!!

Indeed peaceful doesn't apply to spawners.

Tendrils only support one type of material. Are you sure those other 'tendrils' are tendrils and not canyons?

Reactions: WhichOnesPink

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I've been wondering the same thing.
I'm wondering if the proper thing to do is :
  1. Material Temporal Ore
  2. Feature Tendrils
  3. Feature None

So that you get the specified tendrils but no random ones.

Code:
private BlockMeta tendrilBlock = null;

This is how the tendril block is specified in code. There is only one :)

Not sure how all of you seem to be getting multiple materials for tendrils unless you're confusing tendrils with canyons.

Perhaps a screenshot might help.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Code:
private BlockMeta tendrilBlock = null;

This is how the tendril block is specified in code. There is only one :)

Not sure how all of you seem to be getting multiple materials for tendrils unless you're confusing tendrils with canyons.

I'm personally not getting this issue with tendrils, but am with orbs. I figured the same logic applies.

I created a world yesterday with at least three different types of huge orbs (glass, clay, and redstone ore)

In this case I don't know that I specified a type at all (don't remember). Perhaps you only get multiple randoms if you don't specify a material?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ah orbs support multiple materials. But I didn't do that for tendrils yet as that is slightly more complicated.

WhichOnesPink

Jul 29, 2019
Tendrils only support one type of material. Are you sure those other 'tendrils' are tendrils and not canyons?

Now that you've mentioned they might be canyons and not tendrils, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on - although when I think 'canyons' I think expanded ravines, whereas the emerald ores in my dimension look more like fallen tendrils. In any case, here are some screenshots for reference: http://imgur.com/a/4ORCt

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Now that you've mentioned they might be canyons and not tendrils, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on - although when I think 'canyons' I think expanded ravines, whereas the emerald ores in my dimension look more like fallen tendrils. In any case, here are some screenshots for reference: http://imgur.com/a/4ORCt
Yup, canyons. I dunno why McJty calls them that; I suggested "fins" once or twice...

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Nope, I have to visit them to get them to load in Infinity....

Well it is up to the chunkloader to load your dimensions. If the chunkloader doesn't do that then I think this is a bug in the chunkloader. There is not much that RFTools can do about loading dimensions. That's chunkloaders' business.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Well it is up to the chunkloader to load your dimensions. If the chunkloader doesn't do that then I think this is a bug in the chunkloader. There is not much that RFTools can do about loading dimensions. That's chunkloaders' business.

What chunkloader is this btw? I must say I noticed a similar problem in one of my dimensions with the ender quarry but with the Buildcraft quarry there was no such problem.

I am indeed relying on either the ender-pump or ender-quarry to load the dimension, thanks!

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I am indeed relying on either the ender-pump or ender-quarry to load the dimension, thanks!

Since some chunkloaders are working (BC and ChickenChunks) and some not I guess it is a problem with timing. RFTools dimensions are registered somewhat later then normal dimensions and perhaps the Ender Quarry tries to do its job sooner. Since I can actually reproduce the problem myself I may be able to see about this but at this moment I don't really have a clue.

Reactions: ScottulusMaximus

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Love the mod (surely you've seen my posts about it in other threads ;)).
I'm just going to repeat a suggestion I saw a while ago:
A customizable world-type, done like an Enscriber.
Think like superflat, but instead of needing a complicated set of codes, just set up your dimlets (which are infinite and searchable) inside of a "Custom" menu under the "RFTools Gen" worldtype. So, if I want floating islands with liquid orbs of oil, I can generate that as my overworld. ^^
A couple presets would be good; fantastic overworld with extra dungeons and nether biomes as well, and maybe a mining dimension - increased oregen with the cavern worldtype. :D

I plan on trying to implement this myself as part of a mod I'd *like* to make, if/when I actually learn to mod properly, especially if you haven't gotten to it by then. :p

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Love the mod (surely you've seen my posts about it in other threads ;)).
I'm just going to repeat a suggestion I saw a while ago:
A customizable world-type, done like an Enscriber.
Think like superflat, but instead of needing a complicated set of codes, just set up your dimlets (which are infinite and searchable) inside of a "Custom" menu under the "RFTools Gen" worldtype. So, if I want floating islands with liquid orbs of oil, I can generate that as my overworld. ^^
A couple presets would be good; fantastic overworld with extra dungeons and nether biomes as well, and maybe a mining dimension - increased oregen with the cavern worldtype. :D

I plan on trying to implement this myself as part of a mod I'd *like* to make, if/when I actually learn to mod properly. :p
So you want to replace your Overworld with an RFTools dimension... interesting.

It's possible to fake that by setting your spawn point in an RFTools dimension, which is already possible (although it's not so reliable in SMP... either that or my ferver admin friend derped). Gideonseymour pulled it off in Pathfinder, somehow... I know that there is a "Special Spawn Dimlet" that allows you to respawn in an RFTools dimension as long as it's not low on power. However, I don't know what happens if you die in a different dimension, use the End portal, or join a server with one of these dimensions for the first time.

Hmm, unrelated idea: Some way to create a dimension closer to the style of vanilla Superflat dimensions. I'm thinking this could take the form of a Terrain dimlet that takes an arbitrary number of Material and possibly Digit dimlet modifiers, so [Digit 1] [Material Bedrock] [Digit 3] [Material Dirt] [Digit 1] [Material Grass] [Terrain Superflat] would produce the classic vanilla bedrock-dirt-dirt-dirt-grass Superflat world that's constantly overrun by slimes.

Probably not very useful, and may not even be possible with the existing infrastructure for terrain dimlets, but it's an idea.