RFTools - Support and Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a new feature for RFTools 3.0. A Builder that can copy and move structures in the world. Even supports and moves TileEntities. Still work in progress but performing pretty well already:

Just for contrast, how does the Buildcraft builder work? If you don't know, does anyone else?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Ummm @McJty
I think I found a bug. I'm playing the newest version of ftb infinity, and the nether ore dimlets use less power than the normal ores, even though they are doubly as good as normal ores. These are nether ores from the Nether Ores mod.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm @McJty
I think I found a bug. I'm playing the newest version of ftb infinity, and the nether ore dimlets use less power than the normal ores, even though they are doubly as good as normal ores. These are nether ores from the Nether Ores mod.
Shhhh! He might fix it. ;)
I haven't actually noticed, but then, I haven't been looking. I think there were also a couple other dimlets, especially material dimlets, with way-too-low costs; fixes for those are probably boring to make, but I'd like to see them. :)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ummm @McJty

Well they are not exactly double as good as they explode but they should have more cost. I thought I handled them all. Can you give me an example of a dimlet that doesn't match this way?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Just released RFTools 3.00beta2 (). Still beta! http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools#c50;t1:other-downloads

Changelog since 2.93: https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/wiki/RFTools-Changelog

The builder has been updated considerably since last beta. Also check this important page explaining how to configure it. By default it is set in a relatively safe mode with regards to tile entities:

https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/wiki/Builder-Configuration
I'll look into the nether ores problem more thoroughly this weekend. I was sure there was one a whole tier below.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I need an opinion:

Old:

djSZmgc.png

New:

ToqFM0i.png

Do people like this new style (it is already the style as used by the modular storage system) and would you like to see this style used in other lists in RFTools gui's? The color is configurable.

Reactions: Yusunoha

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I need an opinion:

Old:

djSZmgc.png

New:

ToqFM0i.png

Do people like this new style (it is already the style as used by the modular storage system) and would you like to see this style used in other lists in RFTools gui's? The color is configurable.
I definitely like the new style. I'd also like to see a border around the energy bar, but maybe that's a separate thing. :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@McJty can I set each part of that window to be different colours? So for example, red on top, and green on the bottom? If so, I like the new one more.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
No. RFTools is configurable but not *that* configurable. I don't want a config file that is 1 megabyte big :)

I thought it was an option attached to each GUI honestly. Makes perfect sense why it's one colour for all then. :p