RFTools - Support and Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I thought it was an option attached to each GUI honestly. Makes perfect sense why it's one colour for all then. :p

Everything is possible of course but at this moment it is just a single option that is used by two blocks: modular storage and storage scanner.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like the raised box outline of the old style better.

I do not like the default "new" colors.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
New online manual button (and way to change GUI style) from within every RFTools GUI:

SYk0iPQ.png

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I request a config option to increase the amount of energy generated from the Endergenic Generator by some factor. It's the coolest power system ever, but I'll continue using Big Reactors until this can compete. :p
What are the current RF/t stats for a decently designed Endergenic generator system? I'd like to configure it to be more than 10,000 RF/t for a slightly-better-than-decent system. That way a well optimized system will be able to compete with a Big Reactor. :)

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
I request a config option to increase the amount of energy generated from the Endergenic Generator by some factor. It's the coolest power system ever, but I'll continue using Big Reactors until this can compete. :p
What are the current RF/t stats for a decently designed Endergenic generator system? I'd like to configure it to be more than 10,000 RF/t for a slightly-better-than-decent system. That way a well optimized system will be able to compete with a Big Reactor. :)
I also agree with this, while the generators are nice, and super useful, they don't compare with to a Big Reactor. And though im all for losing power in the gain of awesomeness, I don't think many others will consider using it if they have 'better alternaives'.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
A simpler solution would be to just remove big reactors from the pack :p
No; while I want the Endergenic generator to be an awesome and viable alternative, I also want Big Reactors for the REALLY massive stuff. :p
(I'm also nerfing it heavily in my pack in terms of both fuel consumption and power produced, so they'll be useful but require more infrastructure)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
and here I am not even having made a big reactor once in my entire life :p

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
and here I am not even having made a big reactor once in my entire life :p
They're fun. They're more fun when they actually consume fuel, though; if you use the default configs then you won't go through much fuel at all. I haven't played with my new configs, so in all my worlds so far I've never gone through more than a stack of fuel in any one world. I don't play my worlds very long, but still. :p

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
They're fun. They're more fun when they actually consume fuel, though; if you use the default configs then you won't go through much fuel at all. I haven't played with my new configs, so in all my worlds so far I've never gone through more than a stack of fuel in any one world. I don't play my worlds very long, but still. :p

They might be fun but I have no need for them and they are one of the reasons I "hate" rf.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Not hard... you'll need RoC, ReC, ElecC, ChC, GeoStrat, MeteorC, and NEI. I generally add Expanded Redstone and Void Monster for good measure. That's basically the sum of his works without needing any modifications.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nothing wrong with adding a config to RFTools, but you can achieve the same goal just by using the config for BR. And there's no reason they should compete anyway since there's no reason they need to be in the same pack.

Reactions: PierceSG

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Its a tough question to answer because it sort of depends on how easy it is to get fuel. I'm not sure what sort of assumptions you can make there but a lot of packs have either ender-lillies or MFR/EIO enderman spawners and that sort of thing.