RFTools - Support and Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Check this thread:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ys-rftools-endergenic-generators-and-their#c3

A few people are generating a relatively decent amount of power.

Also make sure to infuse the generators as that makes them more efficient.

But yes, I can consider increasing the benefits as it is rather hard to get decent results. How much better should it be by default?
I personally think the default is fine, it just needs a config option for people who use big reactors.

Reactions: Pyure

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
If you want to do some manual mining then why don't you do this here:

2SBc1Qo.png

z4vYfDI.png

Only needs 115000 RF/tick

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of solid blocks, what's the power requirement for ore, then?

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Instead of solid blocks, what's the power requirement for ore, then?

Well just having default generation using 'stone' doesn't cost you much (10-100 RF/tick). If that's what you mean?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
*points to the diamond, gold, iron, and lapis blocks* :p

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
*points to the diamond, gold, iron, and lapis blocks* :p

That's done with the 'oregen' dimlet. It will be just as expensive in a non-glass world. The glass just makes you see it better ;-)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
That's done with the 'oregen' dimlet. It will be just as expensive in a non-glass world. The glass just makes you see it better ;-)
I think he means what the cost would be if the ore blocks would be normal ores.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
No, you're not understanding. I meant, when you actually use the raw ore instead of the solid blocks in the world generation instead, what's the difference in power upkeep?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
No, you're not understanding. I meant, when you actually use the raw ore instead of the solid blocks in the world generation instead, what's the difference in power upkeep?

Ah no idea. It would be considerable less but have no time to try it now. I estimate around 40000 RF/tick

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Ah no idea. It would be considerable less but have no time to try it now. I estimate around 40000 RF/tick

fwiw, I can tell you that "poor" ores from RC are dirt cheap. <100 rf/t anyway. An entire world made out of poor ore is, as far as I'm concerned, just as good as one made out of proper ore with just about any half-decent mining apparatus.

Reactions: Lethosos

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Still in the middle of running my own comparison, but holy frell, all that block rendering through glass is making a ton of lag.

I'm gonna poke around and see if I can't replace that glass with a better alternate block.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Still in the middle of running my own comparison, but holy frell, all that block rendering through glass is making a ton of lag.

I'm gonna poke around and see if I can't replace that glass with a better alternate block.

It worked pretty good for me. Had hardly any lag from it.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it certainly borked the machines; kept saying they were out of power even though I stuck a Creative Cell in the right spots.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Well, it certainly borked the machines; kept saying they were out of power even though I stuck a Creative Cell in the right spots.

Keep in mind that the builder only accepts 50Krf/tick per side. So you might have to give power from more then one side for this.
Also make sure to chunkload it.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese