RFTools - Support and Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I'll check this out. It crashes when dumping dimension information but that only happens right after creation. Do you know if you can enter the dimension later?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'll check this out. It crashes when dumping dimension information but that only happens right after creation. Do you know if you can enter the dimension later?
Don't think you can. When you load back into the game, the tab warns you that dimension information is missing. I was able to extract my dimlets from the tab though at least.

Replacing Material None with Material Endstone works fine.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Don't think you can. When you load back into the game, the tab warns you that dimension information is missing. I was able to extract my dimlets from the tab though at least.

Replacing Material None with Material Endstone works fine.

/rftdim recover with the dimension tab in hand would probably have restored the dimension.

In any case after I finish with the storage system I'll check this out

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No rush on my part, endstone orbs did what I wanted.

Next: I created myself a flat world made purely out of Poor Gold Ore and started quarrying it. I noticed that squids kept spawning in the mined out areas. There's no water nearby. If I watch a mined out area squids will continually spawn (and shortly thereafter die to suffocation)

According to F3 the biome is a pine forest if it helps.

Yes I'm using pneumaticcraft drones to do my quarrying :p

Attachments

• 2015-05-17_15.17.14.png
    2015-05-17_15.17.14.png
    315.6 KB · Views: 64

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
No rush on my part, endstone orbs did what I wanted.

Next: I created myself a flat world made purely out of Poor Gold Ore and started quarrying it. I noticed that squids kept spawning in the mined out areas. There's no water nearby. If I watch a mined out area squids will continually spawn (and shortly thereafter die to suffocation)

According to F3 the biome is a pine forest if it helps.

Yes I'm using pneumaticcraft drones to do my quarrying :p

Perhaps the world has squid dimlet as a random thing?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It is not random but depends on the biome. It is still using biome height but reduced / elevated. So you can make it lower by using a plains biome or something.
Effect None
Sky Bright Day
Sky Blue Color
Feature Maze
Material None
Terrain FLat
Biome Beach
Controller Single Dimlet

You may wanna take another look at this. I created another Maze dimension trying to get the maze to go lower than 40. This time the biome is uniformly Beach which should have been as low as you can get I would think. You spawn around 120 and maze down to 40.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
For flat, depending how it was done, you might try swampland, river, or ocean -- all of which have lower base heights. If you are already down to 40, and not flooded with water, these should also be dry.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For flat, depending how it was done, you might try swampland, river, or ocean -- all of which have lower base heights. If you are already down to 40, and not flooded with water, these should also be dry.
Hrm, you mean like an ocean biome but with no water?

CypherAJ

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, found a bug. If you fill all slots in workbench with parts and click on last slot you'll get an achievement even if you didn't actually make a dimlet. By the way, what parts I need for my redstone ore dimlet?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Lol, found a bug. If you fill all slots in workbench with parts and click on last slot you'll get an achievement even if you didn't actually make a dimlet. By the way, what parts I need for my redstone ore dimlet?

Ah. Need to check that.

Anyway: https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/wiki/RFTools-Blocks

The last part of that page contains a section on dimlet construction. You basically need to look at the rarity of the redstone ore dimlet and then sacrifice 128 dimlet ore blocks for the material absorber.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yes I know. I'm (ab)using all of you again for testing purposes :)

But this is a rather complicated feature to get right and I want to be sure everything is absolutely ok. In the last release you got the modular storage system was mostly working. In this beta I added remote storage support. Basically what is new:

• There is a new Remote Storage Module. This module as such cannot contain items. However, it can be linked to a real Storage Module.
  • There is a new Remote Storage block. This block needs energy and can make up to four storages available remotely. To do that you put a real storage item (empty ore filled previously in a normal modular storage block) in one of the four slots. Then you place your remote storage module in the right slot. When you do that it will get linked to the real storage module and you can remove the remote storage module again.
  • A linked remote storage module can be inserted in a Modular Storage block just like a normal storage module. From that point on the modular storage block can be used as a normal chest. Inserting or removing items will affect the actual storage module in which is still sitting in the remote storage block. This only works if the remote storage block is in the same dimension OR you enabled global access in the remote storage GUI.
  • You can link multiple remote storage modules to the same inventory. In fact you have to do that to make this feature useful. That's basically how you link up different 'chests' to the same inventory.
This was really complicated to get right. So it is possible that some things are not 100% right. You should look out for issues related to:

• WAILA tooltip now showing the right amount of items.
  • NEI tooltip hovering on the real storage module (not the remote one) not showing the correct amount of items.
  • Front panel of modular storage block not indicating the right amount of items in the block. Note that a green bar means a normal storage module while a yellow bar indicates the storage block is linked to a remote storage.
  • Check that items stop being fed into the block if the remote storage is removed, out of power or in a wrong dimension. I tested with enderio itemducts and hoppers.
  • Check that everything synchronizes nicely. i.e. inserting an item into block A should also show in block B if both have a remote storage module that refers to the same storage.
One thing that I did not implement is the ability to access the remote inventory by right clicking the remote storage module itself (like an ender backpack). This is something that I still have to do.

The new beta can be downloaded from Curse now:

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools#other-downloads;t1:other-downloads

Again! Don't do this on an established world.

Sorry for all the trouble but I want this to work 100% right before I release this to the world at large. Thanks!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
/rftdim recover with the dimension tab in hand would probably have restored the dimension.

In any case after I finish with the storage system I'll check this out
Just a couple of fyis for when you look into this.
* Also happens with regular orb dimlet, not just huge.
* Does NOT happen with Tendrils.
* /rftdim recover fails to recover (even when manually specifying a dimension ID#)

Reactions: McJty

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just a couple of fyis for when you look into this.
* Also happens with regular orb dimlet, not just huge.
* Does NOT happen with Tendrils.
* /rftdim recover fails to recover (even when manually specifying a dimension ID#)

Next beta will have this fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Next beta will have this fixed. Thanks for reporting.
Awesome. May I ask what was causing the issue programmatically? I'm curious (and I'm a programmer)

So, incidentally, I think tendrils works almost as well or better than orbs for my purpose. My entire plan was simply to be able to find ores more easily. When you're talking about giant GT ore veins, they stand out really nicely in tendrils, so as long as you have decent flight means (thaum. harness for instance) its almost like having x-ray. Big bonus if you have a magnet-item, since you'll be dropping a lot of stuff into the void otherwise.

Yes the ore veins get truncated by the world design, but they're so much easier to find that it doesn't matter :)

Also: way, way easier to find piles of dimensional shards, which I learned yesterday benefit from fortune picks.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Awesome. May I ask what was causing the issue programmatically? I'm curious (and I'm a programmer)

So, incidentally, I think tendrils works almost as well or better than orbs for my purpose. My entire plan was simply to be able to find ores more easily. When you're talking about giant GT ore veins, they stand out really nicely in tendrils, so as long as you have decent flight means (thaum. harness for instance) its almost like having x-ray. Big bonus if you have a magnet-item, since you'll be dropping a lot of stuff into the void otherwise.

Yes the ore veins get truncated by the world design, but they're so much easier to find that it doesn't matter :)

Also: way, way easier to find piles of dimensional shards, which I learned yesterday benefit from fortune picks.

Well the problem is that Material None dimlet is mapped to null. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have done that. I have tests here and there to check for null and in that case replace it with stone but apparently there was a place where I forgot this and that's when manually specifying material none with features like orbs and so on.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well the problem is that Material None dimlet is mapped to null. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have done that. I have tests here and there to check for null and in that case replace it with stone but apparently there was a place where I forgot this and that's when manually specifying material none with features like orbs and so on.
I always thought your None mapping was a bit unintuitive myself. After a while I decided it generally means "whatever the default generation is", but I have to admit I looked around for "Stone" dimlets for quite a while before I figured it out.