RFTools - Support and Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly what I make myself.

===

I'm not interested in "Here's a massive set of tech mods that we expect you already know".
I'm not interested in "Here's a massive set of do anything magic mods" in the same fashion.

I'm not interested in "This mod takes over your playstyle" mods.
I'm not interested in mods that make major changes to the base playstyle.

I like exploration mods, mods that encourage exploration.
I like mods that permit diversity in construction (more wood and stone types)
I like some sense of challenge in exploration and ores (cog veins).

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Mostly what I make myself.

===

I'm not interested in "Here's a massive set of tech mods that we expect you already know".
I'm not interested in "Here's a massive set of do anything magic mods" in the same fashion.

I'm not interested in "This mod takes over your playstyle" mods.
I'm not interested in mods that make major changes to the base playstyle.

I like exploration mods, mods that encourage exploration.
I like mods that permit diversity in construction (more wood and stone types)
I like some sense of challenge in exploration and ores (cog veins).
Have you tried/considered Chromaticraft? It's not terribly well documented (protip: use the arrow keys or WASD to scroll around in the Lexicon, and shift to scroll faster), but the whole mod is gated by exploration in much the same way that Thaumcraft is gated by research. Before you can craft things, you have to go out into the world and find Knowledge Fragments in dungeons and whatnot, as well as find various ChC worldgen structures, go to bedrock, the Nether, etc.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know anywhere near enough about Chromatic Craft to even consider it. I have no idea if it's something I'll be interested in.

I do know that everything else about what I'm doing for 1.7.10 is based on multiple dimensions, and ChromC is overworld-gen only. I suspect it's based on vanilla overworld gen, and I'll be either Climate Control or ATG there. And, the whole idea of "This mod will affect your game even if you don't play with it", meaning that it would affect not just me but my friends as well, puts it around the same area as a thaumcraft tainted land -- as I understand it, those can spread, slowly but without limit, until you either plant blooms or eradicate all the fibrous taint (kinda like the old cracked sand that people complained about ... sore subject, sorry) -- meaning that between pylons and crystals, the world is nastier even if you are not planning to do anything with ChromC.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Having an issue on Infinity 1.4.1, using a Matter Transmitter out of The End sends me back to spawn instead of the dialed receiver... Any idea why?

Tried breaking and replacing transmitter, redialed it, restarted the server.

Few things that might have made it screwy:

I manually built my end portal because the stronghold wasn't where it was supposed to be
I teleported directly out(ended up at spawn) without going thru the vanilla portal after killing the dragon.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Having an issue on Infinity 1.4.1, using a Matter Transmitter out of The End sends me back to spawn instead of the dialed receiver... Any idea why?

Tried breaking and replacing transmitter, redialed it, restarted the server.

Few things that might have made it screwy:

I manually built my end portal because the stronghold wasn't where it was supposed to be
I teleported directly out(ended up at spawn) without going thru the vanilla portal after killing the dragon.

People have reported issues with my portals and the end before. The end does something special (presumably because it is supposed to be the 'end' of the game) and I haven't yet figured out what.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
People have reported issues with my portals and the end before. The end does something special (presumably because it is supposed to be the 'end' of the game) and I haven't yet figured out what.

Ah ok, will just have to use the vanilla portal to get out then.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Ooo... Does it work against, say, picks and can it be locked down?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, prevent an another player from modifying the protected area.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Basically, prevent an another player from modifying the protected area.

Yes it should. Not sure it is 100% foolproof yet. More testing has to be done. But I even cannot break protected blocks in creative mode so at least it protects that too :)

CypherAJ

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into a problem with teleportation. Maybe it's because I'm still on 2.71 (dammit, buggy Infinity 1.4.1!), but I can't see any matter transmitters placed in ExU Deep Dark. Overworld and Nether work just fine. Receiver is working too. Anything I can do without updating? 'cause that's not what I can do right now :(

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I've run into a problem with teleportation. Maybe it's because I'm still on 2.71 (dammit, buggy Infinity 1.4.1!), but I can't see any matter transmitters placed in ExU Deep Dark. Overworld and Nether work just fine. Receiver is working too. Anything I can do without updating? 'cause that's not what I can do right now :(

What do you mean by you can't see the transmitters? Is the dialer in range? The dialer can only see transmitters around it in a limited range (don't remember what the range is right now).

CypherAJ

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by you can't see the transmitters? Is the dialer in range? The dialer can only see transmitters around it in a limited range (don't remember what the range is right now).
Here's my setup. Receiver on the list is the only one on the server, so no problems here. But where is transmitter that is less than 2 blocks away?
2015-05-02_19.03.48.png 2015-05-02_19.03.52.png
Also, I just tried moving whole thing to another place. It worked. It just doesn't work in that room. Maybe it's the height or is it too small for teleportation?

EDIT: Umm, I found the problem. Transmitters at y>=128 aren't seen by dialers...

SERIOUSLY?! HEIGHT LIMIT?!

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Here's my setup. Receiver on the list is the only one on the server, so no problems here. But where is transmitter that is less than 2 blocks away?
View attachment 18594 View attachment 18596
Also, I just tried moving whole thing to another place. It worked. It just doesn't work in that room. Maybe it's the height or is it too small for teleportation?

EDIT: Umm, I found the problem. Transmitters at y>=128 aren't seen by dialers...

SERIOUSLY?! HEIGHT LIMIT?!

Um that is weird. I will investigate that