Refugee to regent challenge pack [WIP][HQM]

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I would set the dungeon chest frequencies of the railcraft items to this, personally. I find dungeon chests to be entirely too cluttered (there's a reason TooMuchLoot is in all my instances)
RailCraft
railcraft.cfg
I:armor.overalls=0
I:creosote.bottle=0
I:fuel.coal=0
I:fuel.coke=0
I:steel.ingot=5
I:tie.stone=0
I:tie.wood=0
I:tool.crowbar=0
I:track.basic=10

Sorry I was late getting to this part. I agree with what you've got here - again, I was trying to look at the larger audience. Trying very hard not to just limit things to my own preferences. Railcraft does tend to pollute the dungeon chests a lot though. As did Harvestcraft. That's why I dropped the cap for it to 16 from 64. 64 Meatloaf in a chest is just a bit over the top. It should probably even drop down to something like 4. Heck, if my ex was cooking, I'd recommend 0. :rolleyes:

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I've tweaked a Resonant Rise Excessive level pack before, manually going over every line, it even had gregtech (man do I hate his configs...)

I won't touch HQM. It's that much more time/attention/thought consuming to me.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I kept some of the truly useful things in the chests, but honestly most of the things that get put in dungeon chests during generation get left there. I've never taken creosote. The armor actually should be where Sensei had it now that I think about it. This is R2R, and finding stuff lets you use it early!

I've never been a fan of fuel in the dungeon chests, it's too easy to get yourself, and you're totally going to have a coke furnace going pretty early unless you've never even heard of Railcraft :p

the ties... that one's my OCD talking. I always have leftovers and it drives me MAD.

Crowbars being as breakable as they are would be neat, except they don't stack and if you're building a railroad already, you can spare a bit of iron :)

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
So crosspost with the main thread....

With this pack and the main thread taken together, we have 1,030 (1,031/2 now :p) posts, and 70,268 views. woo.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
I had a neat idea for HQM to be used in a Civ style of city food management.
The plan was to use the reputation system as a food counter, and have daily repeatable quests which increase the amount of food "stockpiled".
However, there is no way of saying if the quest isn't completed to reduce this "stockpile" level, that and you can only define certain items to be handed in.
(Actually, Hunger Overhaul is in your pack right? OreDict all food could work. Well, it used to be a thing, not sure if it is now.)

This system could be used for "Science", but crafting recipes would still be available, so this is kinda pointless.
I wish HQM had more content/addons.

Cata3rd

Jul 29, 2019
Did u think about adding Iguana Tweaks to the pack? Would help allow for tool tier to growth as the player progresses.

Also, Funky Locomotion would be awesome for a sky base challenge.

Last edited:

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
...sky base challenge?

You did notice this is for the Refugee to Regent Challenge, right?

Not to say that you couldn't eventually get to a sky base, but it'd be a long ways off. Just ask @The Mobius Archives

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, sorry I have been gone so long. I would really like some feedback so I could start working on the next update.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I haven't been able to play it much, my schedule has been insane, and screwy, and just... blah.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
The mods have been semi-stable, there just isn't any content right now, and @tooncool64 is working on that solo. It's like generic modpack #2,374 at the moment while we twiddle our fingers.

Not slighting the idea behind the pack, but without the HQM content, there isn't anything special tying people to this pack vs Infinity, Direwolf20, Resonant Rise, SchneekyCraft, TPPI or a dozen others. The Refugee to Regent Challenge was designed to be pack-agnostic.

Until something new comes along to test, there isn't much to see here.

In other news, Thermal Dynamics was released yesterday.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
There aren't any real incompatibilities that have shown up as of yet. As @Cata3rd pointed out, you can minetweak as needed at any time. Until we have some quests to abuse, there's not a lot more to do.

Obviously you can update mods as they are patched till the creepers come home, but that isn't really advancing the pack any at this point. You have a base of mods to work from (sans CustomNPCs, FastCraft, Iguana Tinker Tweaks, Fast Leaf Decay, MineTweaker3, Tinker's Construct, Steve's Factory Manager, Thaumcraft NEI Plugin, Technomancy, Thermal Dynamics and Ender Storage, but who's counting?).

I'm looking at Underground Biomes Constructs and UBCOres to see if that brings anything to the table, but seriously it's all just finger-twiddling right now until something blows up.

Reactions: Cata3rd

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, explosions!

Unfortunately, yeah. It's all thumb twiddling until the quests come in. And I don't think any of us are experienced in HQM, or good at the writing portion of it at least.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
I've got some experience with it, but I'm far from an expert at it. Mostly I fiddle with stuff to see how it works - it is how I learn most things. :)

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
For me it's the sheer amount of time required. I already spend too much time reading changelogs and updating my personal pack. I originally contemplated making a "tutorial quest" for most of the mods in my pack, and then I realized that would take weeks... and I just don't have the patience for it :p