Redpower going the way of Nandonalt's Mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
I do think that she should at least make a message about how the mod is in terms of updates and planned features.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
That would be weird... (For me at least)
Its like people want to stalk me because I am famous.
Well let's see she hase only contacted us once in Sven months and had only one unmade so we presume that something horrible has happened, because
One: she has already updated to 1.4.6
Two:eight months ago she was extremely active.

Ps I should reword to she should tell us how the upadting of the mod is and planned features.

Sasstraliss

Jul 29, 2019
Guys come on, Minecraft is still in Alpha 1.21 so stop complaining about all the bugs.

Where have I seen similar threads before? I mean hey, isn't RP2 still in PreRelease for a reason?

Sure, Eloraam has a lot of people relying on the RP2 mod, but as it's been stated numerous times, it's a free mod that is not worked on full-time. Literally, there's nothing we can do.

Much like Notch held us by tiny threads in the old Alpha days, Eloraam unintentionally holds us all by threads. The more we squirm, the worse it will get. :3

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
And rail on her too much and she just may close off the public aspect of the mod and only let her close associates and favorite you tubers use it!

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Just to have thrown a curveball here: Not to be mistaken - I would love to hear some news about RP2 myself. I just don't think there would be any way to get Eloraam to do so, other than herself thinking it's time for one. ;)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, redpower is awesome, but already there are mods that do the same stuff:
immibis and microblocks that work on pipes
thaumcraft golem sorting system
a new project table mod
liquiducts
powercraft that has more logic gates than redpower
cc computers
vanilla quartz for marble

just frames and basalt...
since ultimate is waiting for 1.5, lets see if it ever gets updated...

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
And rail on her too much and she just may close off the public aspect of the mod and only let her close associates and favorite you tubers use it!

Shrug. There are already replacements, which people are skittish to use because people dislike change

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I would tack on PowerCraft, but the last time I tried it, it crashed my client, tacking it on to MindCrack. Though, I think there's been an update since then, so it might've been fixed.

If I remember correctly, I read its a conflict between it and Railcraft.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Please do not encourage the brogrammer culture anymore than society already is. It's toxic.

Huh? Most developers I know actually really like beer. I don't understand what's bro-ish about that? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1360917999][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd give out infractions for reporting frivolous stuff, only way to stop that nonsense. To think that these guys are reporting each other for this is kinda sad.

Totally agree. Trying to get a thread closes just because you disagree on some stuff is just sad.

war_kittens

Jul 29, 2019
Please do not encourage the brogrammer culture anymore than society already is. It's toxic.

Gee I'm sorry, the vast majority the engineers, no matter the field, I have the pleasure of knowing enjoy beer. I have no idea at all what the brogrammer culture is, I'm merely speaking from my personal and professional experience with engineers of both the male and female persuasion.

Last time I checked, Lemming is an engineer, not a programmer by trade. I'm also basing my suggestion on many of the Forgecraft streams I've had the pleasure of watching. Beer is a lovely thing, and a finely crafted beer is almost always an appreciated gift. I'm not saying we should be plying people with cases of Natty Ice.

Taking things too seriously is a sure way to enjoy your life a lot less. Remember, the Dude abides, man.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Gee I'm sorry, the vast majority the engineers, no matter the field, I have the pleasure of knowing enjoy beer. I have no idea at all what the brogrammer culture is, I'm merely speaking from my personal and professional experience with engineers of both the male and female persuasion, no matter the field.

Last time I checked, Lemming is an engineer, not a programmer by trade. I'm also basing my suggestion on many of the Forgecraft streams I've had the pleasure of watching. Beer is a lovely thing, and a finely crafted beer is almost always an appreciated gift. I'm not saying we should be plying people with cases of Natty Ice.

Taking things too seriously is a sure way to enjoy your life a lot less. Remember, the Dude abides, man.
Heh, you're funny, I like you.

Reactions: war_kittens

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
what is redpower? i kidd i kidd, does anyone know if elo is human? maybe she is an alien that only come to earth once a year to update redpower and be abused by the masses cuz she took to long to update..... now really on a serious note, she has the right not to say anything to us but IMO (for those who dont understand that it means "IN MY OPINION") she has a little moral resposability with the fanbase she has created, why not post a twitt "im alive" or something relevant to the mod? is it so hard?
/manu

Reactions: Flipz
Status
Not open for further replies.