Redpower going the way of Nandonalt's Mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Is this true? I heard Elorram hasn't been heard from in months...
See guys? This is exactly why rampant speculation is bad, mmmkay?

The thing is that Elo has always been reclusive, see? Kinda hard to say if there's less comunication when there was no communication to begin with.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear. Everyone seems to be screaming "REDPOWER IS DEAD" so I wanted to put my mind to rest, and possibly other people's as well.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Only the FTB team will be able to confirm what is happening with Elo and RedPower.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is that Elo has always been reclusive, see? Kinda hard to say if there's less comunication when there was no communication to begin with.

Since there's some pretty big lag issues it would be nice of her to either say "I don't have any time for the next X months" or just "Hey guys I'm working on it". No one likes being left in the dark.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Since there's some pretty big lag issues it would be nice of her to either say "I don't have any time for the next X months" or just "Hey guys I'm working on it". No one likes being left in the dark.
Right? That would be nice, but alas dear Yorick, it is not to be.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Right? That would be nice, but alas dear Yorick, it is not to be.

Yes. And untill then people keep and keep asking the same question over and over again. RP2 is a core mod in the FTB packs and I think it's a bit irresponsible to have such a single point of contact. Either work on your mod and if you can't swallow your pride and let someone else help you.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. And untill then people keep and keep asking the same question over and over again. RP2 is a core mod in the FTB packs and I think it's a bit irresponsible to have such a single point of contact. Either work on your mod and if you can't swallow your pride and let someone else help you.
Hm, wonderful point, blast away then. Let Elo know that the INTERNET is looking for her.

Reactions: Saice

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Not really sorry. We're having severe issues with RP2 on our server so her not responding to anything is rather annoying.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I have any right to express my opinion on this matter. That there's no information on whether we have to completely rip apart a massive sorting system or that a fix is underway and we can leave it be is simply annoying. Just because software is free doesn't mean bugs in it can't be annoying.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Technically, you can hear Elo in TS for a brief moment in one of Dire's latest SMP vids from last week. Unless I misheard. She's certainly still around and probably working a little on her mod when time permits (which is prob not much, she looked very very busy with life around the holidays, and it doesn't seem this has changed).

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I have any right to express my opinion on this matter. That there's no information on whether we have to completely rip apart a massive sorting system or that a fix is underway and we can leave it be is simply annoying. Just because software is free doesn't mean bugs in it can't be annoying.

Or yknow, just improve it. Almost all forms of redpower lag (and all I've ever come across) can be negated with more efficient systems, this assuming you aren't running the server on a cardboard box in the first place ofcourse.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Some are working with much communication some without. For a payed product i require communication for a free mod it is nice to have but i have no right to request it.
I for myself would like to hear from Neptunpink (Facotization) again he is missing since 5. January this year.
Just because you are doing something for free, doesn't mean you are not responsible for it.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
You would be responsible for any negative effects caused without another user involved. The other user doing things to cause effects (such as lag) - is their own responsibility because they are not paying for a service that guarantees no lag.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
"Responsible" not in a legal sense, but in a being a mature, responsible human being sense. If I offer to drive you home and instead kick you off in the middle of a cornfield, is it not my responsibility because you didn't pay me for a guaranteed service?

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Technically, you can hear Elo in TS for a brief moment in one of Dire's latest SMP vids from last week. Unless I misheard. She's certainly still around and probably working a little on her mod when time permits (which is prob not much, she looked very very busy with life around the holidays, and it doesn't seem this has changed).
doubtful, elo has never talked in TS in the past. it's more likely one of the other members of the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.