Redpower 2 future in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Last time one of my threads contained such crap I deleted the first post and wiped the entire thread, just wish the moderators would do the same sometimes.

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
It's not the vanilla update that matters, it's all the other mods which are no generating content for 1.5.1 only.

TE, MFR, and AE all have some serious content, and that's just off the top of my head.
MFR's liquids are placable now too (I think mine are actually what inspired KL to do it, I know he's adding straw support). I have a bunch of other new stuff too, like the straw (best item) and a way to move vanilla spawners for eaiser mobgrinding.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
But that is the thing. Lemme give an example.

"Okay Jim thank you for letting us use your Raynor Raiders mod. It will look good in our Mercenary pack."

"Welcome! Always glad to help out. Well I am going to head off to..."

"One thing. Since you are now in the pack here is a list of standard we have. One is we need weekly updates on your mod status. Two is you have two months after MC updates to update your mod. Three is bi weekly bug fixes."

"Hold on there. I have a full time job and a family. I work on the mod on Saturday nights and even then maybe twice a month due to my kid's sports activity."

"Well we have these standards so there won't be any complications when Mojang updates Minecraft."

"Well no thank you. I can't follow a timeline because I have other things first, I guess I have to ask you not to use my mod."

"That is too bad."

Is this what people want? Yeah the wording can be different but this should be a common view point.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Bigglesworth, it seems a shame that you feel that swearing while trying to make your point makes it any more valid. I am pretty sure everyone here knows how to swear but I don't see very many doing it other than you. So maybe you need to figure out how to try to state your message in a more civilized fashion. Sort of like people who type in caps feel that yelling makes them right.
The old. tired story of someone doesn't owe us anything doesn't hold water with me. I don't owe it to someone to hold open a door for them when entering or leaving a building, and I don't owe it to someone to let them change lanes in front of me when trying to take an off ramp on the freeway, and I don't owe it to my neighbor to go chase down his dog when he gets out of the back yard before he gets hit out in the street. We all don't owe each other anything but that shouldn't keep us from doing some unrequested kindnesses. I like to refer to it as doing the same thing that you would like to have done for you. Maybe that isn't the way you like to live your life, but don't tell all of us to that your view of the world is more right than ours. For Elo to tell one of her buddy's to post or drop a line somewhere that she is working or not working on the mod isn't asking to much in my opinion. She knows that lots of people use her mod and she also must know that they are waiting to find out what she is doing. She apparently chooses not to say. But that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be right for her to tell us. But that is just me.
Do try to learn to write however, without resorting to childish swearing. It lowers my view of your opinion.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Bigglesworth, it seems a shame that you feel that swearing while trying to make your point makes it any more valid. I am pretty sure everyone here knows how to swear but I don't see very many doing it other than you. So maybe you need to figure out how to try to state your message in a more civilized fashion. Sort of like people who type in caps feel that yelling makes them right.
The old. tired story of someone doesn't owe us anything doesn't hold water with me. I don't owe it to someone to hold open a door for them when entering or leaving a building, and I don't owe it to someone to let them change lanes in front of me when trying to take an off ramp on the freeway, and I don't owe it to my neighbor to go chase down his dog when he gets out of the back yard before he gets hit out in the street. We all don't owe each other anything but that shouldn't keep us from doing some unrequested kindnesses. I like to refer to it as doing the same thing that you would like to have done for you. Maybe that isn't the way you like to live your life, but don't tell all of us to that your view of the world is more right than ours. For Elo to tell one of her buddy's to post or drop a line somewhere that she is working or not working on the mod isn't asking to much in my opinion. She knows that lots of people use her mod and she also must know that they are waiting to find out what she is doing. She apparently chooses not to say. But that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be right for her to tell us. But that is just me.
Do try to learn to write however, without resorting to childish swearing. It lowers my view of your opinion.

You must be young. Lemme share something with you. In real life..people don't care. The person you let in front of you could just as well cut you off, flip you the bird, or slam on the breaks to cause you to rear end the person, get sued, and lose your car. Unrequested kindness? Please. I hold open doors because it is an old school thing to do. I get told thank you. I know it is meaningless because people just don't care. It is the way the human mind works. So again Elo doesn't have to do jack squat because that is her right.

Reactions: Lambert2191

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Placeable liquids (Forge general, available in TE) Rednet (MFR) and Fuzzy interfaces (AE)

That's just off the top of my head, and I sell ponies to be ground up for dog food.

Just as a quick note here, the liquids are currently not in Forge proper, they're just in CoFH Core. I need to take the weekend and interfacerize it a bit and clean it up for Forge. This is a bit of a different step for Forge, where it's not so much "use this interface" and instead it's more like "Hey we're completely overhauling a vanilla game mechanic. Use this implementation and never touch BlockFluid again."

There will be growing pains, there is a LOT of stuff in MC that depends exclusively on BlockFluid. So while the new liquids are indeed amazing (and seriously, the majority of credit goes to OvermindDL1 on that), the integration isn't there yet. Also, the liquid implementation can be found in MFR as well. :)

MFR's liquids are placable now too (I think mine are actually what inspired KL to do it, I know he's adding straw support). I have a bunch of other new stuff too, like the straw (best item) and a way to move vanilla spawners for eaiser mobgrinding.

Ehhh...let's just say the proverbial camel had a lot of straw (pun, hah) on its back already. Watching you callously abuse 10 block IDs, combined with my own annoyances at liquid implementation, pushed me over the edge.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Ehhh...let's just say the proverbial camel had a lot of straw (pun, hah) on its back already. Watching you callously abuse 10 block IDs, combined with my own annoyances at liquid implementation, pushed me over the edge.

Well that and the amusement of the concept of what an active liquid redstone, and molten ender could do if they were liquids that could be poured out of a bucket.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm REALLY starting to love your mod. Your trees are very useful. Its taking time to get used to your blocks and make effective systems but I'm loving what you have thus far. Its a fun, usuable mod and not overly technical or grindy. Thanks a bunch!

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019

I was referring to you making the TE liquids placeable, not the rewrite. That was all you. But if it means I gulp down a cubic meter of liquid ender through a plastic straw, it was all worth it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, you have no right to demand anything from Elo or the FTB team so stop acting like you do. Set of standards? Yeah for YOURSELF, not public standards that others have to adhere to, that idea is absurd.

Remember that time when your sig said that if the world didn't conform to your standards you'd be mean to them? I do! It's like ironic and hipster now. Well done!

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
or slam on the breaks to cause you to rear end the person, get sued, and lose your car.

Ignore the horrible sense of terrible your reply contains, this just sticks out. If the person in front slams their breaks on when someone is behind them with no due cause, they're probably the one paying for damages for being a reckless idiot.

On topic, uh, respect is a two way street? If Eloraam wants to cut herself off, beat down any integration mods and such things, everyone can move on and live without Frames, Marble and Basalt. I mean the rest of Redpower is replaceable. I mean check out power crystals' new block thing. It's cool.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
I was referring to you making the TE liquids placeable, not the rewrite. That was all you. But if it means I gulp down a cubic meter of liquid ender through a plastic straw, it was all worth it.

Oh oh, right. I fully admit that the straw was actually a pretty big incentive. Now that the .obj renderer is in Forge, think you could make it a full on crazy straw with ambient occlusion, transparency, and no less than 5 colorful loops?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ignore the horrible sense of terrible your reply contains, this just sticks out. If the person in front slams their breaks on when someone is behind them with no due cause, they're probably the one paying for damages for being a reckless idiot.

Point of fact: Most states in the US have laws written such that if you rear end someone, it is always your fault. You have no legal recourse, you have no excuses. In California, Judges won't even let you talk to them about it.[DOUBLEPOST=1365781562][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh oh, right. I fully admit that the straw was actually a pretty big incentive. Now that the .obj renderer is in Forge, think you could make it a full on crazy straw with ambient occlusion, transparency, and no less than 5 colorful loops?

A crazy straw in the shape of your avatars like you get at theme parks. You have the technology, gentlemen!

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Bwahahahaha! That is if it can be proven. You would be amazed at what people get away with. Yes respect is a two way street so respect the fact she is a private person and stop pondering on updates.

TomT

Jul 29, 2019

On topic, uh, respect is a two way street? If Eloraam wants to cut herself off, beat down any integration mods and such things, everyone can move on and live without Frames, Marble and Basalt. I mean the rest of Redpower is replaceable. I mean check out power crystals' new block thing. It's cool.
I'm not trying to get engaged in this debate because its already out of control and this thread probably needs to go away. But! I'm interested in what the replacement for red power tubes would be. Sorry if I should know that already, the best feature of red power tubes is that they don't throw things out on the ground.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Retrogamer1224, although I don't agree with all of your posts, you do make a valid point. Seems like the mod pack approach has a serious weakness that the issue with RP has exposed with mods that a lot of use but don't have active release cycles compared to most of the other mods. And I would guess it won't be just RP that has this problem going forward. Since Mojang insists on putting out releases and doing major internal structure changes every time the wind changes direction this problem is only going to get worse. But demanding prompt mod releases in order to be included in the mod pack probably isn't going to be the answer although I do think if a mod gets dropped by the creator or just goes MIA at some point you have to move forward without that mod. How that works specifically I don't know since there are so many variables involved with things like worldgen, how major are the components included in the mod, how does the mood interact with other mods, etc. Maybe the whole idea of mod packs in the FTB approach isn't going to work based upon the Mojang release cycles. Hopefully some smart people can come up with some answers. Personally, although I love the FTB packs and the work that Slowpoke and his team have done, I am going to start just using config files from people like Fuzzzie that allow you download the mods yourself and don't always wait for every mod to be released before moving on. Of course that has its own set of issues but at least your are in more control of what happens to your world and when.

Reactions: RetroGamer1224

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Bwahahahaha! That is if it can be proven. You would be amazed at what people get away with. Yes respect is a two way street so respect the fact she is a private person and stop pondering on updates.

wait so we are not allowed to think (or ponder) about updates because she is a private person? what kind of insane troll logic is that?

I'm not trying to get engaged in this debate because its already out of control and this thread probably needs to go away. But! I'm interested in what the replacement for red power tubes would be. Sorry if I should know that already, the best feature of red power tubes is that they don't throw things out on the ground.
in my opinion that would most likely be applied energistics since they dont throw things on the ground either

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
You must be young. Lemme share something with you. In real life..people don't care. The person you let in front of you could just as well cut you off, flip you the bird, or slam on the breaks to cause you to rear end the person, get sued, and lose your car. Unrequested kindness? Please. I hold open doors because it is an old school thing to do. I get told thank you. I know it is meaningless because people just don't care. It is the way the human mind works. So again Elo doesn't have to do jack squat because that is her right.

I am just going to go out on a limb and make you a small wager that I am older than you are (64) so spare me the you don't know how life works speech. But glad to know there might be a few other old folks hanging in here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.