Redpower 2 future in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It has only been a month, not really sure what the hurry is. I didn't see anything in 1.5 that I consider must-have. Most of the added functionality already exists in mods I'm using today. :)

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
As long as the other mods aren't up to date this discussion is kinda pointless as we all still have to wait regardless.

If every single mod in Ultimate is up to 1.5 and RP is the only thing preventing a release then I think RP should be dropped (assuming we still haven't heard anything from Elo by that time). Or at least a beta update should be rolled out for all of those willing to move on without RP. That way anyone who wants to wait can just stick with the current version (which shouldn't automatically update) and anyone willing to move on can do so.

For me 1.5 has some decent features, but it's mostly the updates to mods that already are on 1.5 that make me say "drop RP and move on". Heck, even on 1.4.7 I feel Ultimate is behind many of the actively developed mods and should've gotten an update some time ago.

For the time being however I think we should just wait and see what happens.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
i don't feel the need to move away from 1.4.7. So Mods are updated, but without no new big features in them there is no need to go on.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
i don't feel the need to move away from 1.4.7. So Mods are updated, but without no new big features in them there is no need to go on.

then stay in 1.4.7, if you think new features that will be added in the 1.5 versions of the mods aren't worth it (like thaumcraft 3.1, xycraft, EE3, thermal expansion, MMMpowersuites, MFR, etc) then thats your problem.

Reactions: whythisname

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Is there are any cool stuff coming in Xycraft?

Can anypony list the main features in 1.5 mods everypony waits for?

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Once again, it's already be said. The mod shouldn't be removed yet. But if it goes maybe another 2-3 months and we're sitting here and it's the last mod that needs to be updated, then FTB should drop it.

Reactions: whythisname

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
oh dear god.

That sums up 80% of where most of this is all coming from.
It seems it's time to re' mention some facts...

Most if not all the mods in the main FTB packs do not exist to service FTB.
FTB is a launcher, nothing more.
People make mods as a hobby, they do not get paid.
People do not pay to play these mods.
75% of society if not more are complete morons.
And lastly, none of these mod makers owe us a single thing.

Page 14 and you still need a boat to navigate the rivers of self entitlement in this thread.

Actually I will say it once more just for effect. And hell, in caps, why not....

WE ARE OWED NOTHING!

Exactly this. People that think they are somehow owed simply because they are fans or use a product need to shut the fuck up. If anything WE owe HER for having had the opportunity to benefit from her work. How people can be so diluted to think after the COUNTLESS hours she put into RP and Forge itself they are somehow OWED by her is mine boggling. Get this though your fucking heads, people: she has a life, and a dayjob and family. this is her hobby, you understand? Now fuck off.

- Every overworked coder and decent human being

No, but this is just a matter of being a normal social being. People might worry about her because she disappeared.
Who? The people that actually matter Im sure she already contacts. Or are you talking about people like you? How ADOREABLE! im sure its not becuse you just want to know when some mod is being updated. You actually CARE. What horseshit.

get off the owed attitude, people. You bring down the FTB community and make yourself look like complete douche bags, and even more so when you try and (poorly) veil it with care<3(TM)

Reactions: Demi and dlord

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you read the earlier posts. We've already stated that we understand that she has a life outside of modding. Once again, I don't like RP2. I don't care about the mod. But it's only logical to drop mods that can't keep up with the pace of Minecraft. Also, please don't resort to name calling. We're not 5 years old. I would hope you could come up with a more intelligent response then calling us names. I expected more of you. But I guess that's to be expected on the internet.

You're right. She doesn't owe us anything. But what kind of person makes a mod in a community that is known for being social with mod makers and then expects to be a modder that doesn't ever tell the community what's happening. She doesn't go in twitter and tell us her life story. All she has to do is make it clear the she enjoy's being apart of FTB and that she enjoys making mods. That way we can get something to go on. Right now, it seems like she just doesn't care. Maybe i'm weird, but if I made mods and I didn't have the time to do it, I would at least say something like "yea. I love making mods. I just don't have time. Kthxbai."

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly this. People that think they are somehow owed simply because they are fans or use a product need to shut the fuck up. If anything WE owe HER for having had the opportunity to benefit from her work. How people can be so diluted to think after the COUNTLESS hours she put into RP and Forge itself they are somehow OWED by her is mine boggling. Get this though your fucking heads, people: she has a life, and a dayjob and family. this is her hobby, you understand? Now fuck off.

- Every overworked coder and decent human being

Who? The people that actually matter Im sure she already contacts. Or are you talking about people like you? How ADOREABLE! im sure its not becuse you just want to know when some mod is being updated. You actually CARE. What horseshit.

get off the owed attitude, people. You bring down the FTB community and make yourself look like complete douche bags, and even more so when you try and (poorly) veil it with care<3(TM)
lolwut? All I saw was swearing, swearing and more swearing. I think I need to say this again, this is a family forum! (I'm pretty sure)

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you read the earlier posts. We've already stated that we understand that she has a life outside of modding. Once again, I don't like RP2. I don't care about the mod. But it's only logical to drop mods that can't keep up with the pace of Minecraft. Also, please don't resort to name calling. We're not 5 years old. I would hope you could come up with a more intelligent response then calling us names. I expected more of you. But I guess that's to be expected on the internet.

You're right. She doesn't owe us anything. But what kind of person makes a mod in a community that is known for being social with mod makers and then expects to be a modder that doesn't ever tell the community what's happening. She doesn't go in twitter and tell us her life story. All she has to do is make it clear the she enjoy's being apart of FTB and that she enjoys making mods. That way we can get something to go on. Right now, it seems like she just doesn't care. Maybe i'm weird, but if I made mods and I didn't have the time to do it, I would at least say something like "yea. I love making mods. I just don't have time. Kthxbai."
First paragraph, yes. (except for the not liking RP2 part) Second part, partially yes. Eloraam sees her mod as a 'work of art' rather than a mod. It might be epic, which it is, but it's still just a mod. It comes in the same category as those noob mods that makes dirt drop diamonds. I can't stand that. But it's still a mod, just like RP2. Eloraam just needs to consider it just the same as everything else.

Edit: Why didn't my post merge? Doesn't it do that?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
It has only been a month, not really sure what the hurry is. I didn't see anything in 1.5 that I consider must-have. Most of the added functionality already exists in mods I'm using today. :)

It's not the vanilla update that matters, it's all the other mods which are no generating content for 1.5.1 only.

TE, MFR, and AE all have some serious content, and that's just off the top of my head.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Is there are any cool stuff coming in Xycraft?

Can anypony list the main features in 1.5 mods everypony waits for?

Placeable liquids (Forge general, available in TE) Rednet (MFR) and Fuzzy interfaces (AE)

That's just off the top of my head, and I sell ponies to be ground up for dog food.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I find myself using RP2 a lot in my sorting rooms and gadgets. I'd hate to see it go, it's just one of those things that comes in so handy. Hopefully the mod author is okay.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Wow this thread exploded recently, I read up to page 8 and gave up because the back and forth bullshit was unchanging, and the sheer amount of self entitled douchebaggery was just annoying me needlessly.

DW20 pack is regulated by Direwolf20, when he wants to update, with or without RP2, he will do so. FTB has no say.
Mindcrack pack is regulated by the Mindcrack team, namely Guude. When he wants to update, with or without RP2, he will do so. FTB has no say.
Ultimate pack is regulated by the FTB team, when they want to update, with or without RP2, they will do so.

Theres 3 different packs with 3 different regulatory sources, chances are that if RP2 really has been discontinued, then at least one of these will not update. Hell They may just keep a 1.4.7 pack out indefinitely for those that want to play RP2, and update the other packs as they wish.

Basically, you have no right to demand anything from Elo or the FTB team so stop acting like you do. Set of standards? Yeah for YOURSELF, not public standards that others have to adhere to, that idea is absurd.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I am going to say something unliked. Distance yourselves from humans. Focus on your own life. What they do is none of your concern. I already figure mod authors, as well as others like you tube personalities, are far too busy to interact with people. So I tend to leave them as much alone as possible. Hence why waiting doesn't bother me. Also why I harp on people having lives.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Wow this thread exploded recently, I read up to page 8 and gave up because the back and forth bullshit was unchanging, and the sheer amount of self entitled douchebaggery was just annoying me needlessly.

DW20 pack is regulated by Direwolf20, when he wants to update, with or without RP2, he will do so. FTB has no say.
Mindcrack pack is regulated by the Mindcrack team, namely Guude. When he wants to update, with or without RP2, he will do so. FTB has no say.
Ultimate pack is regulated by the FTB team, when they want to update, with or without RP2, they will do so.

Theres 3 different packs with 3 different regulatory sources, chances are that if RP2 really has been discontinued, then at least one of these will not update. Hell They may just keep a 1.4.7 pack out indefinitely for those that want to play RP2, and update the other packs as they wish.

Basically, you have no right to demand anything from Elo or the FTB team so stop acting like you do. Set of standards? Yeah for YOURSELF, not public standards that others have to adhere to, that idea is absurd.

hmm i didnt see him DEMANDING neither Elo or the FTB team anything he said he thought that was a good idea that FTB set standards for mods so in the future this type of issue does not arise as far as i saw did he at any point demand that they change

Status
Not open for further replies.