Redpower 2 future in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChewingGumm

Jul 29, 2019
Hey.

I heared that Eloraam (Developer of Redpower 2) is sort of "missing in action".
So does that mean she isnt developing currently at all or are that just speculations because nobody gets replies from her?

Or even worse: Will redpower possibly be removed from the next (1.5.1) FTB update?

Elvenos

Jul 29, 2019
Removing RedPower would be more destructive then removing ANY OTHER mod in the whole modpack (any using it) imho... I dont think it is reasonable to update the packs without it.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
She is a recluse but I would give her a chance to either give the mod to someone else or update it. I think she would tell us if she is quiting. So even though it might be the end of summer I think its worth waiting for. Last time FTB had 1.4.x before the other mod packs and didnt have red power 2 in it and got a huge back lash. Of course it wasnt updated to 1.4.x but ya people still got mad at ftb for it. Its a mod that inspires a lot of strange reactions from people. I heard she has even gotten death threats. so yeah its complicated and if I were her I would be seriously considering quiting. I mean death threats?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
People consider red power to be one of those core mods on the same level as build craft and industry craft where it is not a mod pack with out it. So strong reactions are expected from it and these reactions are only amplified by the strict closed source/locked down nature of the mod and how reclusive its creator is.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
It makes me sad that human nature is to destroy something we love. Its super important but the actions of people demanding x y or z from her is so insane. Just accept it for what it is. The volcanoes issue is a perfect example.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Removing RedPower would be more destructive then removing ANY OTHER mod in the whole modpack (any using it) imho... I dont think it is reasonable to update the packs without it.
Then I guess the modpacks are going to stay highjacked by 1 mod again, since as usual elooram is nowhere to be found, why does modpacks that have over 60 mods+ have to wait for 1 person to decide that she can care enough to post life signs or even botter updating the mod.

/Manu

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea despite other automation mods out there that mod is the only one that make redstone a whole lot better. Run red alloy wires for miles and anywhere is just one of major advantages of RP2 that doesn't come with lame Redstone dusts.

ChewingGumm

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i can really understand her in the point, that sometimes you are just not motivated for modding. I also experienced that myself a year ago.
But maybe she could talk to a good friend that is able to program Java and ask him to update her Mod to the newset version, without even really touching the other code ( -> no new stuff, but at least up to date )

Concerning the death threats:

First of all, i cant understand people that write those threats to other people. They are probably highly addicted to the game and should visit a doctor.
Other than that, eloraam should maybe talk to other people about that problem and maybe they have solutions for that ( If it gets serious she should also go to the police )

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yes exactly just having as is good enough for the updates. Then she can upgrade the mod contents whenever she want/feels like it. After all you can't rush perfection, I rather have higher quality mods take more time then those that update just after MC update.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well I think it depends on the modpack, like Etho mentioned that they might have to remove it from Mindcrack (I'm assuming hes talking about when they update to 1.5) but I can't see direwolf20 playing without it unless she officially announces she is quitting. As for the ultimate pack I assume(and hope) that if they did update without some of the mods they would keep a 1.4.7 version on the launcher until all the mods are updated. I personally don't see the point of playing modded minecraft without redpower. Its as essential as forge IMO

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why people want to rush to 1.5, it's not like it introduces any interesting feature to mod players.
Personally I'd like an epic update to RP2 with more blutricity but what RP2 offers is already quite epic, microblocks, advanced tube system, nice electricity system, nice worldgen and I feel no rush to update to 1.5.
Oh and a fix for relays causing fps drops on clients, just that would make me very happy :p.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why people want to rush to 1.5, it's not like it introduces any interesting feature to mod players.
Personally I'd like an epic update to RP2 with more blutricity but what RP2 offers is already quite epic, microblocks, advanced tube system, nice electricity system, nice worldgen and I feel no rush to update to 1.5.
Oh and a fix for relays causing fps drops on clients, just that would make me very happy :p.
I do love a lot of the features in 1.5 but the only one that I feel really helps FTB players would be comparators, and I suppose the quartz/stack-able snow will make nice aesthetics

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
the answer to this all is simple
1) Eloraam said she was working on it in her twitter (admittedly a while ago but she doesn't usually post at all)
2) RP2 is a big mod with a lot of blocks and microblocks which probably all need to have textures separated and updated for 1.5 (aside from whatever else there is to do) so give it some time

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea as I haven't heard of any good similar alternative for it's good things with redstone, the machines and automation tools can be easily replaced with other mods like AE, GT, BC, and factzation. But none deal with improving redstone which RP2 does a lot of which is why it's can't be "replaced".

Slidingmike

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is all steaming from Etho's latest video, I won't believe anything until someone with contact to FTB or Elo herself says so.

Taking RP2 out is like taking red stone from vanilla.

That is all.

P.S. I liked your post lambert, again.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is all steaming from Etho's latest video, I won't believe anything until someone with contact to FTB or Elo herself says so.

Taking RP2 out is like taking red stone from vanilla.

That is all.

P.S. I liked your post lambert, again.
I believe etho has direct contact to FTB, which is what worries me

Slidingmike

Jul 29, 2019
I believe etho has direct contact to FTB, which is what worries me

If you go back through comments on his earlier videos many individuals have posted that she's missing in action or its going to be months before update. And if I'm not mistaken, it's guude with direct contact with slowpoke. Of course etho could of heard it from Guude. But then you begin the hearsay aspect, and that doesn't hold up in court so why should it here?

Status
Not open for further replies.