Redpower 2 future in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I kind of suggested that before. I think it's a totally viable solution. And not just for RP2, but any of the mods that lagged behind after a certain time period. There are still 20 something mods that we don't know the status of yet. It's only been a month though, so this wouldn't happen for a little while yet.
Not that many, actually. Of the big mods, only Thaumcraft, Railcraft, EE3, and Xycraft don't have at least Alpha builds out, and all those have posted something within the past week of ongoing progress. Of the smaller mods, Xeno's Reliquary and Extra Bees seem to be the biggest hold outs there. I think the Direwolf pack has just about 10 mods I can't point out progress on fairly trivially, and a lot of those are add ons to a mod that hasn't left Alpha/Beta yet.

I dare say by the end of the month we w ill be waiting on a very small handful of mods. Or maybe just the one.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis Microblocks.

In 1.4.7 it has some trouble with mod blocks, but the 1.5.1 version is a lot better about automatically finding and allowing them.

He would still have to redo everything though, no? It's not going to use the same block IDs as the RP2 version.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Not that many, actually. Of the big mods, only Thaumcraft, Railcraft, EE3, and Xycraft don't have at least Alpha builds out, and all those have posted something within the past week of ongoing progress. Of the smaller mods, Xeno's Reliquary and Extra Bees seem to be the biggest hold outs there. I think the Direwolf pack has just about 10 mods I can't point out progress on fairly trivially, and a lot of those are add ons to a mod that hasn't left Alpha/Beta yet.

I dare say by the end of the month we w ill be waiting on a very small handful of mods. Or maybe just the one.

According to the update list we have, it's 24/67 that have "NO" in the status. That will change, obviously. Point is, it's not time to get out the pitchforks yet :p

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkBGhTwSytv_dFVoZWF3MzlzSVNqMHBoUVdwUWlCNVE#gid=0

*EDIT* added a link to the doc

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis Microblocks. Wont magically not make everything Beef made disappear. if I were him id be pissed, and probably not take the time to recreate everything. Mindcrack will stay 1.4.7 for a long time (months). Guude isnt enjoying the BS coupled with being the server guy (dont blame him). So even though all the new, for instance, gregtech toys and whatnot are cool, they are basically almost all just different versions of shit that's already available. The amount of actuall new things is limited, and just wouldent be worth the stress and losing RP2, a massively used mod in the mindcrack world. So Immibis Microblocks is irrelevant where mindcrack is concerned.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Skynet can fix that.
DIRECT INTERVENTION IS NECESSARY.
HUMANS. WE ARE COMING. THAT WHICH YOU KNOW AS REAPERS ARE YOUR SALVATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION. WE WILL BREAK YOU, AND IN TURN, REMAKE YOU AS PERFECT BEINGS.
RESISTANCE WILL ULTIMATELY FAIL.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
RELEASING CONTROL...
That was weird.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
According to the update list we have, it's 24/67 that have "NO" in the status. That will change, obviously. Point is, it's not time to get out the pitchforks yet :p

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkBGhTwSytv_dFVoZWF3MzlzSVNqMHBoUVdwUWlCNVE#gid=0

*EDIT* added a link to the doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eXBjUHVYYUVXLVE&single=true&gid=0&output=html and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgnSLIUjIjLcdGtTcWRUWUxEODVBY0Q4N1FSV3dlRUE#gid=0 are the ones I'm watching.

Your sheet is listing some mods that are either not in packs, or not in most packs. And it appears to missing some info.

By my count, we are missing about 1/4 to 1/3 of the mods we need to start updating packs, but a lot of those are in Alpha/Beta or are dependent on mods that aren't out yet.

And then there is the Ampz pack, which lacks Railcraft only to move to 1.5.1.

We are closer than you might think. I'd put money we will be sitting right at 85% to 90% updated to at least alpha/beta by the end of next week.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Off topic but Iskandar..do you play Suikoden?

On topic. Nice work. Looks like I need to learn how to follow documents...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
DIRECT INTERVENTION IS NECESSARY.
HUMANS. WE ARE COMING. THAT WHICH YOU KNOW AS REAPERS ARE YOUR SALVATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION. WE WILL BREAK YOU, AND IN TURN, REMAKE YOU AS PERFECT BEINGS.
RESISTANCE WILL ULTIMATELY FAIL.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
RELEASING CONTROL...
That was weird.
Ah yes, "Reapers".

Reactions: ApSciLiara

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eXBjUHVYYUVXLVE&single=true&gid=0&output=html and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgnSLIUjIjLcdGtTcWRUWUxEODVBY0Q4N1FSV3dlRUE#gid=0 are the ones I'm watching.

Your sheet is listing some mods that are either not in packs, or not in most packs. And it appears to missing some info.

By my count, we are missing about 1/4 to 1/3 of the mods we need to start updating packs, but a lot of those are in Alpha/Beta or are dependent on mods that aren't out yet.

And then there is the Ampz pack, which lacks Railcraft only to move to 1.5.1.

We are closer than you might think. I'd put money we will be sitting right at 85% to 90% updated to at least alpha/beta by the end of next week.

This is the "official" sheet that I got from here. I make no claim to its accuracy, but it's all I have.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Off topic but Iskandar..do you play Suikoden?

On topic. Nice work. Looks like I need to learn how to follow documents...
No, I don't. About the only JRPG series I haven't played.

And yes, I might be guilty of spamming F5 on those documents just a touch. I've also been haunting mod author's Minecraft Forum threads, and Twitter feeds, and any other information source I can dig up, at least for the mods I most care about. That is why I can say with a lot of conviction that the only mod I have yet been unable to find at least weekly progress on... is RP2.

Not that RP2 matters a bit to me. Regardless of its update status, I wasn't going to be using it in 1.5.1, nor IC2 or Buildcraft. I've been using IC2 and BC since they were released, and RP2 and short time later. It is time to do something new.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
You know. I will say it before I head off to bed (23:30 here and I got work in morning). Why not just send e-mails or tweets? Worse that will happen is being ignored. *shrug* I dunno.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
You know. I will say it before I head off to bed (23:30 here and I got work in morning). Why not just send e-mails or tweets? Worse that will happen is being ignored. *shrug* I dunno.

I think Elo has largely ignored everyone so they have given up at this point. Even her testers have no clue where she is.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a matter of being social. It's a matter of showing the community respect by showing that she does listen to the community and that she does see where we're coming from.

oh dear god.

That sums up 80% of where most of this is all coming from.
It seems it's time to re' mention some facts...

Most if not all the mods in the main FTB packs do not exist to service FTB.
FTB is a launcher, nothing more.
People make mods as a hobby, they do not get paid.
People do not pay to play these mods.
75% of society if not more are complete morons.
And lastly, none of these mod makers owe us a single thing.

Page 14 and you still need a boat to navigate the rivers of self entitlement in this thread.

Actually I will say it once more just for effect. And hell, in caps, why not....

WE ARE OWED NOTHING!

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you are coding a mod in eclipse, going to your forum topic and type "updating" its easier than coding the mod itself, not sure, just maybe.

Reactions: Hydra
Status
Not open for further replies.