Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica 2 has been updated to version 1.2.0.014 for Minecraft 1.6.4. Mithion has also now begun to work on a 1.7 port
I. Can't. Wait. For. 1.7. Port.

Edit: whoops.. Forgot to post this on the RED thread instead. Sorry

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I made a mod for Minecraft 1.7.2 (although it might work on 1.7.10)
https://github.com/VikeStep/NearbyMobFinder

You can grab the first release in the releases section.

This mod tells you the nearby mobs via chat when you get the "You may not rest now, there are monsters nearby" message. If you guys could test it that would be amazing, but yeah pretty happy with this as my first mod. If people like it enough I may end up putting it on the Minecraft Forums/CurseForge.

Screenshot for those interested

EDIT: Fixed a couple bugs requiring an update to 1.7.10 (turns out they were not compatible :/)

maybe an idea but how about also adding a visual indication?
perhaps have the mob name appear above the mob's head for a few seconds?

with that, how about also editing the text? instead of saying "you may not rest now, there are monsters nearby" you could have a randomly generated text...
perhaps when a mob is nearby the text could be "did I check under my bed? I think I heard something"
or "what was that? who's knocking?"
or be funny and do a knock knock joke like "*knock*knock*.... who's there....? creepy voice: Juno. Juno who? creepy voice: Juno that I'm out here, right?"

perhaps if you want to go really fancy you could even have some narrate these randomly generated text lines with perhaps also some added background effects...

sorry, you probably wanted to keep it a simple mod :(

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
maybe an idea but how about also adding a visual indication?
perhaps have the mob name appear above the mob's head for a few seconds?

with that, how about also editing the text? instead of saying "you may not rest now, there are monsters nearby" you could have a randomly generated text...
perhaps when a mob is nearby the text could be "did I check under my bed? I think I heard something"
or "what was that? who's knocking?"
or be funny and do a knock knock joke like "*knock*knock*.... who's there....? creepy voice: Juno. Juno who? creepy voice: Juno that I'm out here, right?"

perhaps if you want to go really fancy you could even have some narrate these randomly generated text lines with perhaps also some added background effects...

sorry, you probably wanted to keep it a simple mod :(

1. I will be adding a visual notification. Just not sure what is within my capabilities
2. That would just involve changing the Lang files. So it could be possible.
3. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha no. I'm still a noob to modding xD

I have other plans. This was just an initial feature as it was quite easy to learn and make.

Reactions: YX33A and Yusunoha

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Nah MT2 scripts won't work with MT3 ones. But the improvements are well worth it. Especially under the hood ;D

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
StanH updated MineTweaker to MineTweaker3!!! With 1.6.4, 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 versions all available! I'm excited. This version seems awesome. And I'm excited to work with it because it's so much easier to deal with.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...weaker-3-customize-your-minecraft-experience/

Joshie, I must say. You are one of the few MC Mod Devs I 100% respect. While I've never really got majorly into your Mariculture mod, how you help your fans and stay frequent on both this and the MC forum amazes me. I would like to thank you very much for your continued effort.

BTW, if you are curious about my other 100% respected mod authors, they are as follows:
  • FlowerChild: While his/her (forgot the gender) treatment of his fans is quite bad, he has put great amounts of effort into BTW and has refined it to a 't.' Not only that but he has this sort of 'feel' that truly shows how much he's been through. I know I shouldn't respect him by my reasoning alone, but it feels strange reading his comments, almost as if he has seen 'The Truth'
  • IguanaMan: Gotta say, his undying loyalties to his fans was and still is truly remarkable. It's sad he had to go.
  • Anyone who makes mods that are open (I think that's the term) and still works on it despite having nothing to truly gain from it besides respect.

Reactions: YX33A

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Nah MT2 scripts won't work with MT3 ones. But the improvements are well worth it. Especially under the hood ;D
Oh wait, now i see what they were asking if they could just copy over previous MT2 scripts into the new one and not "Do I have to learn a completely new type of scripting in order to use it?" le oopsie..

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wait, now i see what they were asking if they could just copy over previous MT2 scripts into the new one and not "Do I have to learn a completely new type of scripting in order to use it?" le oopsie..

Well it's not exactly 'entirely new type of scripting'. It's pretty much the same, with just a few tweaks here and there in the syntax mostly just the addition of requiring < and > (as well as now using the minecraft registry names in 1.7). As well as scripts now being in .zs files in the scripts folder in the main area. (Of course look at what vike posted) There's more of a 'change' when it comes to the modded ones, once I finish them instead of doing

Code:
mods.bloodmagic.bloodaltar.addRecipe(blah);

it'll end up like

Code:
import mods.bloodmagic.Altar;

Altar.addRecipe(blah);

The part I'm happiest about though is that scripts are loaded before the server starts up ;). So TE can't be so much of a pain to deal with, as it was in MT2.