Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I like thos ideas, though I tried to suggest ideas that wouldn't require adding any new items or blocks to the mod to keep the mod a simple drag and drop into a modpack...

Physical elements are easier to wrap ones head around though. At least one or two. Can you imagine your ideas as a mod in a pack and people didn't realize it was there. :p
So even minor physical elements to indicate it's existence in a pack would be a great boon to those who aren't looking forward to reading all the instructions/ memorizing a mod list unless they have to. :D

And not everybody nicks (steals/copies) all of direwolf and other youtubers work.
Or should I say use "players guides".

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Jesus christ that's got to be the smallest youtube window I've ever seen.

And that may well be one of the most pointless mods I've ever seen.
"Beautiful landscapes" - no, ever so slightly angular landscapes. Which don't even look that much more natural. It's only beautiful because of the shaders and modpack.
You can barely even see the slight angles that the blocks are on. I imagine it adds a fair bit of lag for all that, too.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Jesus christ that's got to be the smallest youtube window I've ever seen.

And that may well be one of the most pointless mods I've ever seen.
"Beautiful landscapes" - no, ever so slightly angular landscapes. Which don't even look that much more natural. It's only beautiful because of the shaders and modpack.
You can barely even see the slight angles that the blocks are on. I imagine it adds a fair bit of lag for all that, too.
I guess different people, different opinions.
I just want to use it with chisel and TerraFirmaCraft's dull world (If it updates)

If the angles are to noticable, it wouldn't keep that minecraft feel.

Reactions: Like

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
I can't argue with you for I haven't tried it yet either.
Try the mod first and see if there is an FPS decrease instead of "probably"

If there was an FPS decrease, I would most likely use it on a server.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
What's this I see in the Ender IO github?
bHvwC4b.png
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, is it a potato?

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't optifine have that feature ages ago?

Don't know but I do remember hearing that mojang was working to make optifine unnecessary. Specifically when mojang was asked about incorporating opitfine they stated that they were working on something better.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I personally am fine with vanilla features being spotlighted in this thread. ;)

Ah but are you professionally/as a mod fine. This is a news thread about mods after all. And posting vanilla features will only entice discussion. Witch belongs in the red thread. ;)

Reactions: YX33A

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know but I do remember hearing that mojang was working to make optifine unnecessary. Specifically when mojang was asked about incorporating opitfine they stated that they were working on something better.
Well, they did mipmapping and anisotropic filtering in 1.7. So that makes sense I guess.

Reactions: YX33A