Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying it can't but it's better to not split the same conversation between two threads if one can help it.
On the other side of that coin, why split the conversation? We're all here to find out what is going on in MC, to be on the bleeding edge of things, so to say. Whether it's vanilla or not, it will impact modded because it's built on top of vanilla.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Ah but are you professionally/as a mod fine. This is a news thread about mods after all. And posting vanilla features will only entice discussion. Witch belongs in the red thread. ;)

In this case, I'll leave the final decision up to Law or Vauthil, but unless/until they say otherwise I won't be moving Vanilla news to the RED thread like I do for other off-topic stuff. ;)

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, it already got moved. Guess people will have to sift through multiple threads instead of just one for their news. Excellent.

GG mods.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
On the other side of that coin, why split the conversation? We're all here to find out what is going on in MC, to be on the bleeding edge of things, so to say. Whether it's vanilla or not, it will impact modded because it's built on top of vanilla.

Will future tense. When 1.8 starts getting modded then you are more than welcome to post how this update effects moddding. Cause bunnies are so important. And will be a relevant feature in all modding forever.

Reactions: chbachman

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Ikr? I'm keeping my eye on this one. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not_Steve

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Will future tense. When 1.8 starts getting modded then you are more than welcome to post how this update effects moddding. Cause bunnies are so important. And will be a relevant feature in all modding forever.

You've stated you don't want vMC updates, yet Flipz is allowing it. Let's leave it at that and stop arguing about it, mmkay?

Reactions: 1SDAN and midi_sec

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You've stated you don't want vMC updates, yet Flipz is allowing it. Let's leave it at that and stop arguing about it, mmkay?

It makes more since in context. This was stared when someone posted about the bunnies in the modded minecraft thread. I suggested that it should be over here.

And since it is over here now someone with authority agreed with me. And made the move.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
It makes ssince in context. This was stared when someone posted about the bunnies in the modded minecraft thread. I suggested that it should be over here.

And since it is over here now someone with authority agreed with me. And made the move.
yeah, well some of us think it should be talked about. theres another thread for that, tho.

Reactions: Padfoote

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
And vMC updates *will* affect modded MC, because the frame thing will probably make people drop making block moving mods in favor of the (as usual) worse vanilla version.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Padfoote

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
And vMC updates *will* affect modded MC, because the frame thing will probably make people drop making block moving mods in favor of the (as usual) worse vanilla version.
Slime frames can't move tile entities so there definitely is a place for "full" frame mods

Reactions: 1SDAN