Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it'd be cool if someone would make a mod that'd make mounts in minecraft more interesting
perhaps a way of enchanting horse armor and saddles could add some extra effects or new functions
perhaps also some sort of potion to boost the animal you're riding, for example a pig could be transformed into a boar, which is bigger, faster, more durable and can attack

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
it'd be cool if someone would make a mod that'd make mounts in minecraft more interesting
perhaps a way of enchanting horse armor and saddles could add some extra effects or new functions
perhaps also some sort of potion to boost the animal you're riding, for example a pig could be transformed into a boar, which is bigger, faster, more durable and can attack

Maybe horse-type breeding for farmable and tameable animals.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't seen this addressed much, With the recent release of Ars Magica 1.2 he is now using the animation api. This is cool and all, but from my experience building a modpack, Hippo does not like giving permission for his mods.

This basically kills any easy use of Ars in a modpack unless the API becomes open use for distribution.

Reactions: YX33A

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't seen this addressed much, With the recent release of Ars Magica 1.2 he is now using the animation api. This is cool and all, but from my experience building a modpack, Hippo does not like giving permission for his mods.

This basically kills any easy use of Ars in a modpack unless the API becomes open use for distribution.
It's not like AM2 was used much outside of the ATLauncher anyway.

Also, that's like Strike 108932843 against mods required modpack perms.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019

Modders have the right, but it doesn't make sense. You're only losing minimal money from adfly and you're losing so much publicity if you don't allow modpacks.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Modders have the right, but it doesn't make sense. You're only losing minimal money from adfly and you're losing so much publicity if you don't allow modpacks.
They may (though I question that) have the right to attempt (haha, no) to limit access to content with modpack perms, but it indeed doesn't make sense. Why are people telling me what to do with content they are literally handing me for free and that I can easily bypass using one of the main launchers? The restriction seems to be "you must download my mod in a non-automated fashion", which is just redundant. It's simply a system that doesn't belong in a world with ATL and 100-mod modpacks.

Note: this does not reference FTB's policies on modpack perms (based on respect for the modder), it speaks of modders forcing pack devs to have permission for their mods.

JusticeOF666

Jul 29, 2019
Did you... get permission for that?

Because from this post last month its not completely abandoned: Link
Sorry I did not mean to say replace , its not just about exo-suits ...
Its a part of my mod and it fits with the MPS theme , a little more realistic.
Imagine it like the Tcon armor in the way that it will give you abilities like ( for example ) extra inv space because you can carry more things.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

FTB never really added AM2 to their packs because the mod was still too heavily a work in progress with too many bugs
with the requirement of another mod for AM2 to work, which doesn't get permissions often... there's a good chance AM2 isn't going to be in any official FTB pack for a looong time

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

Well, direwolf uses it in his setups, and forgecraft does as well. True it had bugs, but nothing any worse at times than other mods. The main issue is that he has open use of his mod so to use a restricted mod API effectively closes use of his now. Not sure he considered that.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Well, direwolf uses it in his setups, and forgecraft does as well. True it had bugs, but nothing any worse at times than other mods. The main issue is that he has open use of his mod so to use a restricted mod API effectively closes use of his now. Not sure he considered that.
So wild mob spawning, non-functioning configs, and mobs that attack neutral entities from other mods are normal?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So wild mob spawning, non-functioning configs, and mobs that attack neutral entities from other mods are normal?
I said nothing about normalcy. I was referring more though to it's use outside of ATLauncher and the limits now placed on use of the mod when permissions are needed because of the API he uses. No intention or desire to start a debate on bugs in mods.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You can say that againe. It looks like a nice pack but I don't want to use it because of the stupid spamy image link.
This is a news thread. NOT an advertisement thread. We do not want or need adds. Even if they are related to the thread.

I see no difference between having an image to direct you to a post than having a hyperlink.

Brought this to this thread to avoid derailment of the news thread.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I see no difference between having an image to direct you to a post than having a hyperlink.

Brought this to this thread to avoid derailment of the news thread.

The difference is between "this" and "
THIS.png
".
See the difference. One is informative and the other is shouting at you saying "Look at me I'm important. So very much more important than all the other stuff that you can ignore.
Some people are going to take one look at that and they are likely to ignore or dismiss the entire thread. And then those people aren't going to get the information the Mod News thread is for. And that would defeat the whole point of that thread.