Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
index.php

This... is a cry for help.

Reactions: Pokefenn

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, it's not the difficulty, it's just the whole multiblock all of the things idea that is ridonkulous. the bandwagon is full, please take your creativity in another direction.

thx

Reactions: YX33A and RedBoss

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The difference is between "this" and -snip-".
See the difference. One is informative and the other is shouting at you saying "Look at me I'm important. So very much more important than all the other stuff that you can ignore.
Some people are going to take one look at that and they are likely to ignore or dismiss the entire thread. And then those people aren't going to get the information the Mod News thread is for. And that would defeat the whole point of that thread.

Informative? A hyperlink that says "this" or "link" is no more informative than an image, and I would argue it's less informative then the image.

I don't see that post as saying it's more important that any other post in there. If people ignore everything else in the thread because of that, that's their problem, not ours.

Reactions: YX33A and Not_Steve

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
index.php

This... is a cry for help.

3EjzHcS.gif

to me.... IC2 is pretty much dead. I give them credit for trying to breath in some new life into this project, but to me... I can only hope some other mod developers are willing to take some of the things I did like from IC2 and turn it into a new mod(s)

Informative? A hyperlink that says "this" or "link" is no more informative than an image, and I would argue it's less informative then the image.

I don't see that post as saying it's more important that any other post in there. If people ignore everything else in the thread because of that, that's their problem, not ours.

the topic is about the modded minecraft community and things related to that.
a texturepack that's aimed at showing new textures for minecraft mods is related to modded minecraft, so it's allowed

posting just an image for a post... well... I do that all the time :p

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
to me.... IC2 is pretty much dead. I give them credit for trying to breath in some new life into this project, but to me... I can only hope some other mod developers are willing to take some of the things I did like from IC2 and turn it into a new mod(s)
They already have. Mekanism has already replaced most of it, with Big Reactors doing a better version of extremely big and complicated nuclear reactors.

Reactions: YX33A

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
They already have. Mekanism has already replaced most of it, with Big Reactors doing a better version of extremely big and complicated nuclear reactors.

I'm still waiting for a good crops replacement. I know there are a few alternatives out there that are a bit similar, but I liked how crops basically worked
BUT there was still alot of things wrong with crops in IC2, it'd be nice if there could be a crop system like how the system of Forestry's bees, trees and butterflies work aswell where there are quite some species you can breed to, and combining certain species would create new ones. there could be the manual way of doing it by hand, and there could be machines to speed things up

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
But- the old IC2 reactor was a multiblock.
(I know it was an item based/GUI mechanic, but it was pretty damn cool)​

I wouldn't call it the final nail in the coffin- but it kinda pierces the heart.
I'm not sure if I understand this objection. Big Reactors are enormous multiblocks, far larger and more resource intensive than IC2 reactors, actually.
I'm still waiting for a good crops replacement. I know there are a few alternatives out there that are a bit similar, but I liked how crops basically worked
BUT there was still alot of things wrong with crops in IC2, it'd be nice if there could be a crop system like how the system of Forestry's bees, trees and butterflies work aswell where there are quite some species you can breed to, and combining certain species would create new ones. there could be the manual way of doing it by hand, and there could be machines to speed things up
Ahh, yea. Crops. I believe the mod you are looking for is Magical Crops.

The only thing I ever used Crops for was Stickreeds to automate rubber production more easily (since there was an addon for compatibility with Crops and Forestry's pre-multiblock farm setups so that the harvester would automatically harvest the resin from the stickreeds but not the actual plants themselves). These days, I just use an MFR Harvester/Planter with rubber tree saplings to accomplish the same thing.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I'm not sure if I understand this objection. Big Reactors are enormous multiblocks, far larger and more resource intensive than IC2 reactors, actually.

It was just something that made IC2 ...IC2.
Nothing to do with resources ect; it was a weird, almost cartoonish mechanic that everyone associated with IC2.
Somewhat like a namesake/personality- hard to define exactly, but it kinda made the mod what it is.

Maybe its just nostalgia- but I'll miss it anyway.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
A "feel" of a mod is a very important part of the experience. Sometimes just the switching of what mods you use has an effect, especially with how different mods are together.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

The last couple times someone tried that the IC2 guys tried to kill there work. They succeeded once. :/

Reactions: PierceSG and YX33A

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
*Their

Secondly they only succeeded in making their opposing mod more popular and widely used.

Ah no one did that the other really did die. It was the one that tried to nick IC2 armors and was planing on recreating the old UU matter system that was killed.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Ah no one did that the other really did die. It was the one that tried to nick IC2 armors and was planing on recreating the old UU matter system that was killed.
I was annoyed about Simply Jetpacks but IC2 gave it great publicity. I vaguely recall a uu-matter mod. But uu-matter only matters to create IC2 stuff. Even Greg is abandoning IC2 though from the looks of it. Its a sign most definitely.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A flat-out rip and reskin of the Quantum Armor, and a pallet swap for a reskin no less. Not much of a mod, and one that even if IC2 was open source would be killed in moments by any community.
I believe a fine example of this is already known, isn't that right @Vazkii my good man?