Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Mhmm, that mod looks delicious. Is there a 1.7.10 version, in case I manage to get minecraft to work for 1.7.10
I've dumped the mod into my 1.7.10 pack, and it seems to work (as in, the game launches, haven't actually test the blocks...)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I came across a mod this week called Decocraft... very nice mod with very awesome models as props, but sadly that's most of the items are, props
if only they could actually be interacted with and such :(
Been using that mod myself and the creator plans to have interactive functions on a lot of the props eventually.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Been using that mod myself and the creator plans to have interactive functions on a lot of the props eventually.

god I hope so, because some of those models... mmmmmm models

p2e3Yn0.jpg

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I know right? Using them to decorate the map I am working on for my mod pack....oh, i have said too much already....

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
As I just referenced here, BluePower is now available as an alpha. There are definitely going to be some opinions about that. Please stay within the forum rules when sharing those opinions. Thank you.
Why even bring that here? Meh. It should go to the Eloraam or the other RP threads. No need to bring flames here. The dead horse has been beaten so long that the glue he turned into has dried.

Now, THIS looks amazing.
Someone over on the Minecraft forums is making some amazing Thaumcraft armor models, and I'm dying to get them in-game.

sU3Kcfi.png

IwP0EOs.png

I really need this right now.

Last edited:

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Why even bring that here? Meh. It should go to the Eloraam or the other RP threads. No need to bring flames here. The dead horse has been beaten so long that the glue he turned into has dried.

Now, THIS looks amazing.

This is why we need more artistic people to help modders. Everything won't look poorly rendered and terrible.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This is why we need more artistic people to help modders. Everything won't look poorly rendered and terrible.
I wish I hadn't dropped the ball when I was using Photoshop in school. That model looks amazing mainly because it "fits" into Minecraft. Im completely blown away and I agree with you.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
As I just referenced here, BluePower is now available as an alpha. There are definitely going to be some opinions about that. Please stay within the forum rules when sharing those opinions. Thank you.
Unfortunately, I seem to have no damns left. You see, I used to have quite a few of them, and I would give them away. But it seems I have already given all them away, so I have none left to give.

I'll be honest, MFR Rednet is simply my go-to source for redstone logic these days. It's more compact, more powerful, and more elegant. I do remember Redpower and the various logic gates that were, for its day, amazing. Looking back at it, however, it would take up more space to do anything with those logic gates than it would take for MFR. So yea.

So long, and thanks for all the fish. Honestly, I just simply won't care if RP3 ever comes out or not. Everything it used to do, I have better ways of doing. And without the annoying volcanos and RP rubber trees. Or the 'fool's diamond' Nikolite that had the temerity to have the same level of spawning and approximately the same color as diamond ore.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Because this is the workflow yall decided on, even though it only gets loosely applied:
  • Stuff gets posted in "What's new in modded minecraft?" thread.
  • Anything more than a post or two worth ends up over here so as to not eclipse other news.
Adding a step of "anything remotely involving RP gets its own thread" isn't one of those steps and it shouldn't be. Giving it special magical treatment like that is giving it too much power over the dialogue (it also fails if not because the controversy then because the thread becomes a ridiculous image macro dump once people are wound down). This time I simply stepped in and preempted while I had the chance in order to remind people how it should work so the other thread doesn't become a seething mass of derp on the topic and also so that maybe people get their once a week memo to not use that other thread as a discussion dump.

As you can see, I think RP fatigue's really set in anyway. Six months ago this thread would've already been on fire with the partisans. Now it seems the discussion is more "why is this even a thing anymore?". That's cool, I think. The peritheosis of RedPower is a positive thing for the community, I think.

Getting off the forum meta topic and onto the actual mod, I tried out the mod a bit and found myself doing a lot of "so what?" at it. If it doesn't have the frames/frubes/blockbreaker ecosystem, it's mainly there to give me basalt, marble, and flax... three things several other mods analogue now. Still an early alpha, but it does a great job of highlighting just how far the rest of the ecosystem has moved along, I think. Of course, this is me... I don't even plan on touching Buildcraft again until SpaceToad's gotten the robot buddies thoroughly worked through and you'd have to almost provide me monetary compensation to attempt IC2 again. There are just so many other things I can be doing now instead of using the classic trifecta mods basically the same way I was using them 2 years ago.

The magic's just not there and hasn't really been there for me for a good long while. I have too many fun toys I'm choosing between already. ;)

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Because this is the workflow yall decided on, even though it only gets loosely applied:
  • Anything more than a post or two worth ends up over here so as to not eclipse other news.
Adding a step of "anything remotely involving RP gets its own thread" isn't one of those steps and it shouldn't be. Giving it special magical treatment like that is giving it too much power over the dialogue (it also fails if not because the controversy then because the thread becomes a ridiculous image macro dump once people are wound down). This time I simply stepped in and preempted while I had the chance in order to remind people how it should work so the other thread doesn't become a seething mass of derp on the topic and also so that maybe people get their once a week memo to not use that other thread as a discussion dump.

As you can see, I think RP fatigue's really set in anyway. Six months ago this thread would've already been on fire with the partisans. Now it seems the discussion is more "why is this even a thing anymore?". That's cool, I think. The peritheosis of RedPower is a positive thing for the community, I think.

Getting off the forum meta topic and onto the actual mod, I tried out the mod a bit and found myself doing a lot of "so what?" at it. If it doesn't have the frames/frubes/blockbreaker ecosystem, it's mainly there to give me basalt, marble, and flax... three things several other mods analogue now. Still an early alpha, but it does a great job of highlighting just how far the rest of the ecosystem has moved along, I think. Of course, this is me... I don't even plan on touching Buildcraft again until SpaceToad's gotten the robot buddies thoroughly worked through and you'd have to almost provide me monetary compensation to attempt IC2 again. There are just so many other things I can be doing now instead of using the classic trifecta mods basically the same way I was using them 2 years ago.

The magic's just not there and hasn't really been there for me for a good long while. I have too many fun toys I'm choosing between already. ;)
Speaking of, where -does- one go to get Basalt these days? It's the one thing I wish was in Chisel, as Limestone has precious few (if any?) connecting textures unlike most of the other original materials within the mod. So since I never use the Limestone, I make frequent use of the Marble, which while a pleasant enough material, tends to wear on the eyes late at night. As far as Eloraam stuff goes, meh don't care, much like many others within this thread have voiced. Much as with video games, any product needs to prove its merit before I give it more than the barest consideration!

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of, where -does- one go to get Basalt these days? It's the one thing I wish was in Chisel, as Limestone has precious few (if any?) connecting textures unlike most of the other original materials within the mod. So since I never use the Limestone, I make frequent use of the Marble, which while a pleasant enough material, tends to wear on the eyes late at night.
GeoStrata has a version, Project: Red can be loaded with just the Core/Exploration modules, and there are a few other mods out there (like Geocraft here) that are made to specifically fill the gap if those aren't sufficient.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
GeoStrata has a version, Project: Red can be loaded with just the Core/Exploration modules, and there are a few other mods out there (like Geocraft here) that are made to specifically fill the gap if those aren't sufficient.

Oh! Don't forget about Artifice! It has both Marble and Basalt. Or if it just needs to be black stone, you can try MFR's Blackstone or Railcraft's Abyssal Stone.

Reactions: Vauthil

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I brought up sending it elsewhere since "y'all" mods were referring everyone to the Eloraam posts for anything RP related. Either way I don't care, I'm weary of anything RP related myself. Its easier to ignore if its sent elsewhere.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be honest, MFR Rednet is simply my go-to source for redstone logic these days. It's more compact, more powerful, and more elegant. I do remember Redpower and the various logic gates that were, for its day, amazing. Looking back at it, however, it would take up more space to do anything with those logic gates than it would take for MFR. So yea.
I personally prefer using carts for my redstone logic ;)
Speaking of, where -does- one go to get Basalt these days? It's the one thing I wish was in Chisel, as Limestone has precious few (if any?) connecting textures unlike most of the other original materials within the mod. So since I never use the Limestone, I make frequent use of the Marble, which while a pleasant enough material, tends to wear on the eyes late at night. As far as Eloraam stuff goes, meh don't care, much like many others within this thread have voiced. Much as with video games, any product needs to prove its merit before I give it more than the barest consideration!

There's also Railcraft's Abyssal Stone which looks very similar.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

Now, THIS looks amazing.

T9G2Gp8.gif

Reactions: RedBoss