[Public Pack] EPiCCRAFT 1.0.x {Progression}{Survival}

JonCris

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is not dead and remember this is not my job but a hobby, real life will always come first. Anyways I do have to apologize for the lack of updates since a family member has been in the hospital for a while now and I havent had the time to do anything else so for now the next update coming this week will be the last for 1.6.4 and you'll have to wait a while for 1.7 since not all of the mods have been updated.

Hope you'll understand and keep enjoying the pack even if it still has some bugs. See you all in 1.7.10.

GwapoJosh

Jul 29, 2019
JonCris, Thanks a lot for your hard work! I'm a huge fan of this mod pack. Can't wait for 1.7.10! I'll be playing this pack until then :)

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is not dead and remember this is not my job but a hobby, real life will always come first.
I know is a hobby for you and I'm know real life come first.

The lack of movement about you let us thinking about the end of this marvelous mod pack.

I hope your family member goes well.

Envoyé de mon LG-V500 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Internuntius

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
And a little bit of information (changelog, when will the update, you have to create a new world ... and and and) would be very nice, even if it is just a hobby ...

I´ve updated my server from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and.......... crash...

http://pastebin.com/T79VbQfZ

Last edited:

Keeper71

Jul 29, 2019
I've updated from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and everything seems to work... Until yesterday, walking around and crash !! It seems to append only in a chunk, but not a new one. I can't recover my map, now it always crash :-(

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
I've updated from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and everything seems to work... Until yesterday, walking around and crash !! It seems to append only in a chunk, but not a new one. I can't recover my map, now it always crash :-(

This is EpicCraft, because this is the biggest bug ever made ... I would just use a new package ... oh stop .... I am doing ...

Keeper71

Jul 29, 2019
Just fix my map :cool:
I've downgraded to 1.1.0 and when I've opened the map, I've got an error message about missing SpiceOfLife items. I've continued and my map worked :D
I've upgraded again to 1.1.1 and now everything seems to work... :rolleyes:

Nop... Still crashing, even when downgraded :(
When generating a new chunk this time.

Last edited:

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a bug I don't think, but I can't seem to get the Ender IO stirling generator to power my Buildcraft refinery. Everything is hooked up the way it would be if I were using a combustion engine but with the generator instead. Any ideas?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
are you connecting the two using the TE energy ducts? Buildcraft still uses MJ, and the ducts should change RF to MJ in this case. There is also a case where BC has changed has MJ work and they have an energy adapter block in some modpacks to convert from old to new to old, in cases where things both use MJ, but different types. I came across this in a 1.7 pack which does not have TE ducts do to some bug TE wants to fix. Had to relearn lots of little things to make Buildcraft/railcraft/TE machines play nice.

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at my computer to check that game, but I am 99% certain they are BC pipes. I don't recall seeing any other types in NEI. The Ender IO generator and the conductive pipe attached to it both show as getting the MJ charge, but it just won't make the jump from conduit to refinery. All show as MJ as opposed to RF so I thought they would be compatible. Not all MJ works together?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at my computer to check that game, but I am 99% certain they are BC pipes. I don't recall seeing any other types in NEI. The Ender IO generator and the conductive pipe attached to it both show as getting the MJ charge, but it just won't make the jump from conduit to refinery. All show as MJ as opposed to RF so I thought they would be compatible. Not all MJ works together?

At some point, buildcraft made some changes. In the 1.7.10 pack i'm testing, there is an 'energy converter' block that is part of buildcraft, designed to change "old MJ" to "new MJ". If there is no energy converter available, you may have the version before the change. The other change you could try is to use extra utilities energy nodes and pipes, which should work like TE ducts, and convert any energy to the type needed. Haven't played with them yet myself. Testing out our pack in survival and it's a bit harsh getting materials like ender pearls :)

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
Well I never could get the Stirling Generator or Survival generator to power anything. I wound up building combustion engines to get everything to work. I now have a large oil derrick built out of cobblestone with a pump running to it. It seems the large oil geyser I am pumping from is connected to at least four others because I have seen each geyser dropping in height to more the pump runs! This is an amazingly large oil field. This brings me to my next issue; what to do with all the fuel? Right now the only use I have for it is to run combustion engines and the only use I seem to have for the engines is the refinery. I was going to build a quarry but apparently that has been disabled for EpicCraft. :(

What does everyone else use fuel for?

Btw, I will look for the energy converter block you mentioned. I've not seen such a thing up to now.

GwapoJosh

Jul 29, 2019
I could use some Thaumcraft help.. I'm trying to make my first golems but they require Humanus. From what I've read, most people use rotten flesh. In this pack rotten flesh doesn't have it. I'm completely stuck on what other items might have it. I've even tried droppin living villagers into the crucible lol. Thanks for any help

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Well I never could get the Stirling Generator or Survival generator to power anything. I wound up building combustion engines to get everything to work. I now have a large oil derrick built out of cobblestone with a pump running to it. It seems the large oil geyser I am pumping from is connected to at least four others because I have seen each geyser dropping in height to more the pump runs! This is an amazingly large oil field. This brings me to my next issue; what to do with all the fuel? Right now the only use I have for it is to run combustion engines and the only use I seem to have for the engines is the refinery. I was going to build a quarry but apparently that has been disabled for EpicCraft. :(

What does everyone else use fuel for?

Btw, I will look for the energy converter block you mentioned. I've not seen such a thing up to now.

Buildcraft fuel has always been sort of like you said "ok, what now?". If it's a pack using IC2/gregtech your energy needs are huge, and so is your consumption of fuel, but you have many other easier ways to make energy. In BC its pretty much the quarry that takes a lot of energy. Most people don't mess with builders and fillers. (Which i hope are fixed now , they were sort of broken/buggy for a long time). Back in ultimate we made a huge setup of a tanker ship (inside was 3 max volumes Railcraft multiblock tanks) with carts taking oil off the ship to a tank, another taking oil to 10 refineries, that was converted to energy to run everything, and then energy carts running it to different buildings. Much more work, as wires ducts are easier than carts, but quite fun. Without railcraft, you lose the big tanks., and your energy setup needs to be combustion engines powering Redstone energy cells. Then use the power for Thermal expansion machines.

With a lot of mods, its a sort of catch-22. Its fun to put the work into gaining all the enerergy production, etc but then, what do you do with it? I think as modded minecraft progresses, we may see more endgame, less upfront stuff, in at least a few modpacks. Look at BC. The quarry is insanely easy to build and power...and then your' done. And most of the time it comes down to a shouting match of "oh yeah, well i have 17 barrels full of iron ingots!" Eventually, I hope to see some mods that both give a player something very cool that they want, but at a high energy or resource cost, with continuing costs. An example might by Mystcraft like gates to other worlds, that take 100000 MJ each operation. Or fueling spaceships, or forcefields, beacons, etc. For some of us, it's fun to work on the energy systems, distribution, etc. But needs to be a use for it. In the modpack i'm working on with friends, i sort of cheated in something the other night. We're leaving in the quarry, but I found the configs on energy use and it now takes 10x as much to run it :) But they'll certainly have a use for fuel now.[DOUBLEPOST=1414767937][/DOUBLEPOST]
I could use some Thaumcraft help.. I'm trying to make my first golems but they require Humanus. From what I've read, most people use rotten flesh. In this pack rotten flesh doesn't have it. I'm completely stuck on what other items might have it. I've even tried droppin living villagers into the crucible lol. Thanks for any help

If you get lucky and find a node with it, you can break it and get a bit. If you are on a server, scanning other players works i'm pretty sure. This link might be helpful http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1xsnf3/thaumcraft_4_how_to_get_humanus/

GwapoJosh

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply Mikhaila666.. It does appear to be a bug. No items have humanus on them that are suppose to. For crucible use, it needs to be in the form of an item that can be thrown in the water, correct? I'm still learning. Is there a way to collect it from living entities? Isn't scanning just for the research table? Not sure if there is a way to collect it from the table. The only thing I found in creative mode that has it is the plain steve head and I'm not sure how to get that in survival. Maybe someone can tell me how to change the config to switch the rotten flesh and magic tallow back to humanus. Thanks again for any help :) I'm new to this.

Evil Boy

Jul 29, 2019
The Thaumometer will scan any item or block anywhere. Try scanning villagers and zombies BEFORE you kill them. It's been awhile since I explored Thaumcraft but I seem to recall that I found Humanus somewhere in the pack.

GwapoJosh

Jul 29, 2019
The Thaumometer will scan any item or block anywhere. Try scanning villagers and zombies BEFORE you kill them. It's been awhile since I explored Thaumcraft but I seem to recall that I found Humanus somewhere in the pack.

Yeah I scanned those things and they do humanus. How do I put that humanus into the crucible to make my first straw golem?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
What version of Thaumcraft did they update to in the 1.11 version for epiccraft? At work and can't load it up to check. I believe in the latest version, 2.1.4?, they fixed a few bugs, added a bunch of new items, and you now can't scan objects that move. So scanning people and villagers is out. I'll check tonite and see though if it's got a source of humanus in it.